Hi Everyone,

Jeff Moore here at Wilson Niblett. Our General Manager Chris Walters is more than happy to share any information you may need about your C8, including deliveries in 2020, the allocation for 2021, and your exact spot on our list. If you're on our list we can tell you your exact spot in a manner of seconds. Chris' cell phone number is 416 997 0420. Don't be shy, give him a call if you wish. Chris shares his personal cell phone with all our clients as a matter of convenience and access for them.

It has been a pleasant surprise that a lot of C8buyers from other dealers have decided to service with us, we are truly honoured to be trusted with your vehicle. We did even have a client come to us with his vehicle from Cobourg so we could get him a high wing spoiler that nobody was willing to source. As many of you remember, the High Wing spoiler was removed from many 2020 orders. We ensured that every customer who wanted a High Wing got one, as we immediately ordered a tonne of them for stock once given the instruction to do so from GM. We still have a few red ones left in stock if anyone is looking. It is this attention to detail, as an example, that has earned us the trust of Corvette enthusiasts like you! We have tried and continue to try and help everyone we possibly can. We are crazy about the car, always have been, and are very organized with everything Corvette as we are acutely aware of the expectations of the amazing Corvette client base.

It doesn't matter which dealer you purchase from, your C8 is always welcome here at Wilson Niblett I assure you. Just last week had a competing dealer bring their C8 here as they did not have the expertise to diagnose the vehicle and we helped them get it back on the road for their customer no questions asked.

We don't know who the number 1 Corvette dealer is and that's not what we focus on anyway. We want to be a great dealer period, for purchase and after sale service. We don't want to deprive anyone of the opportunity to drive this car by trying to hoard orders for our dealership. We want you out on the road having your hair blown back by the vehicle as it was designed and is intended to do as soon as humanly possible!

Managing expectations on the C8 with limited supply and astronomical demand has been a real challenge so we have to be very careful when discussing delivery details. That said we don't have anything to hide so here are some stats for you that we share when people call us.

We delivered 80 Corvettes in 2019. Then in 2020 we delivered 63 C8s. Now its 2021 and we have 27 2021 C8s currently in production and soon to make their way to the dealership!! We have about 119 outstanding Stingray orders, and our Z06 list is growing fast as well. GM has not provided total C8 allocation for 2021 as they are not sure what the year will bring either (let's be honest no one is!), but they have loosely assigned a projected number for the first half of the year which they were very direct in saying was NOT a commitment on their behalf. So the truth actually is, no one knows their total 2021 allocation. We anticipate we will deliver more C8s this year than last. Certainly, we expected to deliver a lot more than 63 C8s in 2020 so our fingers crossed just like yours!! If no supply disruptions the plan is to build as many Corvettes as the plant can handle.

I should also note we keep a 2020 C8 in the showroom so you can see it, touch it, smell it, the whole deal, before you place an order. We do encourage people to come and see the car when they order, it's all part of the experience and the memories!!

Thank you for reading everyone. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help you with your Corvette, or your incoming order! We haven't had a 30 year plus love affair with this car by being difficult to deal with!! We are here to help and love the car just like you do and are always happy to chat.

Jeff Moore
Thank you Jeff, this is informative and much appreciated. I would like to suggest that any person on your wait list should be given the courtesy of a monthly email. The email could just simply state the client's current position on the wait list. Maybe how many C8's were delivered in the previous month with stats such as HTC vs. Coupes, colour and interior choices. Once again Thank you.

Perhaps this may help

Here's the fully accessible R&T article on the origin of the term "Spyder" aka "Spider" which denotes a 2-seater sport convertible. It also contains a YouTube "Carfection" video which repeats the history lesson and is a quick view for anyone wanting a good explanation:

My thanks to "rhc7gc6" and "sparrow": now I know I own a "Spyder/Spider".

And back to the original thread content: yes thanks Jeff Moore for your great description of where things stand with GM and the 2021 C8's; most informative especially for the 2021 C8 hopeful owners. Also interesting to know that WN sold 63 2020 C8's (wow!).

Reactions: Sparro
Thank you Jeff, this is informative and much appreciated. I would like to suggest that any person on your wait list should be given the courtesy of a monthly email. The email could just simply state the client's current position on the wait list. Maybe how many C8's were delivered in the previous month with stats such as HTC vs. Coupes, colour and interior choices. Once again Thank you.
I think that's fair and also a great idea.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
The single most important thing for a customer to know is where they are on a dealers list and what the total allocations the dealer expects.
That said, IF GM doesn't know when MY2022 will start how can a dealer know how many they will get? They don't. These are trying days for everyone. IMHO it's now more important to know how many allocations the dealer is getting each month or quarter.
(The U.S. is getting allocation numbers by the quarter while CDN dealers seem to be getting them monthly.)
This way they will have some idea when they could expect their C8.
Since GM's communication is so lacking the customer has no recourse but to talk to their dealer and expect an honest answer.
Thanks Jeff for being straight with us. Some dealers don't seem to understand all this. 👍
Murray, the last order we filled and sent off to Bowling Green for manufacture the deposit was received by us on November 14, 2019. We have found that this piece of information can also help clients understand what the potential lead time could be from deposit to order placing. Of course, then the real anticipation begins as the vehicle makes it way through the pipeline. If we use that data point, one could reasonably assume the approximate wait time from deposit to allocation is 14 months.

Murray, the last order we filled and sent off to Bowling Green for manufacture the deposit was received by us on November 14, 2019. We have found that this piece of information can also help clients understand what the potential lead time could be from deposit to order placing. Of course, then the real anticipation begins as the vehicle makes it way through the pipeline. If we use that data point, one could reasonably assume the approximate wait time from deposit to allocation is 14 months.
That's a good point, but don't forget that was with Covid hampering production. Now with 2 shifts building at their predicted speed or greater that number should progressively go down.

Hello,

Who here is on the Wilson-Niblett wait list for a 2021 C8 and what number are you on the wait list? Thanks and have a great day!
I bought my 2019 C7 from Ian Weller @ WN last summer, and had nothing but an excellent experience all around. The sales manager John Wilson was also very professional to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or go back again for a future purchase. This was my first purchase from WN...and very happy.

Reactions: WN Jeff
Hello,

Who here is on the Wilson-Niblett wait list for a 2021 C8 and what number are you on the wait list? Thanks and have a great day!
I bought my 2019 C7 from Ian Weller @ WN last summer, and had nothing but an excellent experience all around. The sales manager John Wilson was also very professional to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or go back again for a future purchase. This was my first purchase from WN...and very happy.

I bought my C8 from Jeff at WN and he was great to deal with. A lot of times when the dealer doesn’t have info it’s because GM isn’t giving them any info.

I was very happy with my experience and plan on buying my Z06 from Jeff as well.

Reactions: WN Jeff
When I was in the market for my C7 I left a message for John as well as a sales guy but neither one called me back, ended up buying from Williamson in Uxbridge (at an incredible price to boot).

When I was in the market for my C7 I left a message for John as well as a sales guy but neither one called me back, ended up buying from Williamson in Uxbridge (at an incredible price to boot).
Wish Williamson would return my calls! lol. They had 34 on their list for 4 allocations.

Well... I put my deposit in October 2019... despite being a pain the a$$ to my sales guy(Ian Weller), he was more than informative and updated me whenever I asked a question.

he called me in December and advised me my final order was going on to GM.

I guess it’s all about being patient, regardless, WN is a good dealer and along with their sales staff.

My deposit was placed in Sept 2020 with Spencer and I expect to receive my C8 HTC in the April to June 2021 timeframe, so it should not be 14 months for me (assuming C8 production continues as it currently is).

I had a great phone call with Jeff this morning . He seemed more excited than me about my C8 !
Jeff answered all my questions to my satisfaction.
I plan to have WM install my Z51 spoiler next spring as the price is reasonable.

Reactions: MY21C8 and WN Jeff
I had a great phone call with Jeff this morning . He seemed more excited than me about my C8 !
Jeff answered all my questions to my satisfaction.
I plan to have WM install my Z51 spoiler next spring as the price is reasonable.
Great speaking with you!

My deposit was placed in Sept 2020 with Spencer and I expect to receive my C8 HTC in the April to June 2021 timeframe, so it should not be 14 months for me (assuming C8 production continues as it currently is).
you'll be lucky if you get a 2023 if you placed it that time... My deposit was in 2019 and still haven't received...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.