Will ask dealership
You have a lot of questions you need answers for from your dealer about allocations and not worry about exhaust and wheel options right now lots of time to figure that out.When Murray says NOT AVAILABLE TO CANADIANS believe him, don't be insulting and say you will ask your dealer as I can guarantee you he knows more than them and he's RIGHT

Murray, did not intend to insult you as I just joined and anyone new to this forum will inquire with dealer as part of due diligence. Thanks for your input though
No worries. It takes a lot more than that to offend me. You are right to get a second opinion

Reactions: AMKV28
GM halted all 2020 orders in March of 2020 so your dealer is out of touch
Dealers still took deposits and put you in line
I am 29th in line at this dealer for a 2021 Corvette. They had 15 2020 allocations and expect at least double for 2021 allocations
I have a 4-5 digit alpha code assigned to me, should have better idea of delivery time in a few months

Now my question is, how do I ensure I get a 2021 allocation? Put in multiple refundable deposits at various dealers and see who can deliver quickest?
With GM producing 100+ C8s a day I don't see why this would be necessary
Appreciate your expertise here :)

GM expected to make 40,000 C8's September of 2019. So they assigned allocation estimates reflecting that. In the calendar year of 2021 they will make 40,000 C8's. What percentage of those will be MY2021's? No one knows right now, but I'd bet they want to start MY2022's September of 2021 to get back to normal starting dates. If that is the case then a dealer should expect about 30% more MY2021 allocations than they received for 2020's and not double. They will only get double MY2021 allocations if they don't start 2022's until later than I predict.
Clear as mud? lol.
I would put a deposit down with the closest of the big three to you. Spencer WN or Cullen.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
GM expected to make 40,000 C8's September of 2019. So they assigned allocation estimates reflecting that. In the calendar year of 2021 they will make 40,000 C8's. What percentage of those will be MY2021's? No one knows right now, but I'd bet they want to start MY2022's September of 2021 to get back to normal starting dates. If that is the case then a dealer should expect about 30% more MY2021 allocations than they received for 2020's and not double. They will only get double MY2021 allocations if they don't start 2022's until later than I predict.
Clear as mud? lol.
I would put a deposit down with the closest of the big three to you. Spencer WN or Cullen.
Will contact one of them today, you rock! Thank you!

Reactions: Murray20c8
You have a lot of questions you need answers for from your dealer about allocations and not worry about exhaust and wheel options right now lots of time to figure that out.When Murray says NOT AVAILABLE TO CANADIANS believe him, don't be insulting and say you will ask your dealer as I can guarantee you he knows more than them and he's RIGHT
I think you insulted the new guy...

Reactions: Movie Muscle
Will contact one of them today, you rock! Thank you!

Murray is "the numbers man" so we should all bow to his expertise. We of course have a shortage of C8's for 2020. Like Murray, I'm predicting another shortage for 2021 due to the shorter than normal production time (2020's still being produced close to the end of this calendar year), plus GM will start selling 2021's overseas. Most dealers are asking $5,000 for a deposit, so I'd not recommend leaving a deposit with 3 dealers unless you've got money to burn. Many dealers have a really hard time returning deposits, depending upon the facts. Having said that, a dealer may reduce the $5,000 or at least mine did, due to my affiliation with a local Corvette club my dealer supports and gets lots of business from. So I only had to provide a $2,500 deposit after suggesting it be lowered from the $5,000. But depending upon the dealer, I've heard of some people getting on a list w/o paying any deposit (I think that rare) or as low as $1,000, so see what you can do and it helps if you've got some sort of "connection".

Find a good dealer and salesperson and there are several on CCF who are sponsors. Find out their likely allocations and get on their list asap, then ask to be kept informed as the list changes with people in front of you dropping out, changing their mind and going for a Z06 or for whatever other reasons. You'll know you have a good salesperson when he updates you w/o any prompting on your part. Get your order in asap, when you can, so prepare ahead of time and decide on your choices so you're "good to go" when the time comes. Try and see some C8's "in-person" so you can better judge exterior and interior colour combos. Videos and photos don't give you a true indication of colours. Once you get to 3000 status (order accepted by factory) and it's likely your C8 will be built, then start planning for all the "goodies" or accessories you want for your C8, consider reading the manuals and watch some of the many videos online which will help you get familiar with the operation of your car and all that will allow you to enjoy it sooner when you first start to drive it. You'll find loads of advice on CCF and members willing to help you out.

Finally, although it's been discussed elsewhere on CCF, consider getting a GM Visa card from Scotia Bank at an early stage, so you can start accumulating "cash" towards your eventual C8 purchase. If you bank with Scotia already, they may waive the annual fee (they did for me). Good luck!

Last edited:
Murray is "the numbers man" so we should all bow to his expertise. We have a shortage of C8's for 2020. Like Murray, I'm predicting a shortage for 2021 due to shorter than regular production time, with 2020's still being produced close to the end of this calendar year, plus GM will sell 2021's overseas. Most dealers are asking $5,000 for a deposit, so I'd not recommend leaving a deposit with 3 dealers unless you've got money to burn. Having said that, a dealer may reduce the $5,000 or at least mine did, due to my affiliation with a local Corvette club. So I only had to provide a $2,500 deposit after suggesting it be lowered from the $5,000. But depending upon the dealer, I've heard of some people getting on a list w/o paying any deposit (I think that rare) or as low as $1,000, so see what you can do and it helps if you've got some sort of "connection".

Finally, although it's been discussed elsewhere on CCF, consider getting a GM Visa card from Scotia Bank at an early stage, so you can start accumulating "cash" towards your eventual C8 purchase. If you bank with Scotia already, they may waive the annual fee. Good luck!
Awesome I will look into the Visa. My deposit was $1000 fully refundable with the local dealer. Spoke to one of the big 3 dealers this morning and they are taking 2022 orders. All 100ish 2021s they will receive have been spoken for. Going to stick with my current order and hope for the best. Heading to Costco now for a model to keep me motivated :joyful:

I can't speak for any other dealer but Tracy at Brian Cullen wanted 2500 deposit which was fully refundable until I signed the purchase agreement 5 months later.

You're getting spoiled with these Ontario dealers agreeing to fully refundable deposits. That wasn't my experience out West with some of them. Good for you!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.