Hello everyone.
I have question regarding high speed handling of my C8. I noticed lately that at high speeds , that is 180kph+, the front end seems to lighten up to the point where steering wheel inputs increase so much to keep on my lane that I must let off the gas. Not crazy but it gets your attention. I know the c8 steering is precise, but not so much as too feel like the car is wandering so much that steering inputs seem excessive. I tried a really light feel on the steering wheel but that didn't seem to help much and then more heavy handed which was similar. My 2019 GMC Sierra feels better at 160 kph than my C8 does at 180kph. Weird I know. The road conditions were average country paved roads. Funny thing though: a few weeks ago I was on a deserted road of excellent condition doing 214 Kph and the car felt comfortable and in control. Don't get me wrong, these high speed runs are few and far between and only done mid week, deserted roads. Not a safe thing to do otherwise. The feeling that I have to back off lately makes me wonder if there is a problem somewhere; maybe steering box, tires, suspension ? Or maybe that's the norm for the c8's handling setup and Im getting scared unjustly. One other thing I should mention is that these high speed runs are on straight sections only. I could imagine that some slight curves at those speeds would load up the steering and maybe would actually feel more stable than on a straightway. Taking out loud here. Anyway, if anyone has some opinion on this issue I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
On the Spring Mountain track those speeds were a price of cake for the C8

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.