Cobourg, Ontario
VetteCoins
Username Style Freeform (Sponsors)
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Car
2009 Base 1LT
Province
ON
GM Authority composed an excellent guide to the seat options available in the 2020 Corvette. I'll post some highlights below.

Correction from info in the article:

A customer has brought to my attention an error in the article:

If you order a 2LT, you get heated and ventilated seats regardless of the seats in the car.

In other words, if you order GT1 seats in a 2LT, they are heated and ventilated

2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-GT1-Bucket-Seats.jpg

2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-GT2-Bucket-Seats.jpg

2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-Competition-Sport-Bucket-Seats.jpg

2020 Chevrolet Corvette Seat Availability
Seat TypeRPO CodeMaterial AvailabilityColor AvailabilityTrim Level AvailabilityAdjustmentsHeating/Cooling
GT1AQ9Mulan leatherJet Black, Sky Cool Gray, Adrenaline RedStandard 1LT & 2LT8-wayNone
GT2AH2Napa leatherAll colors"Available 2LT, Standard 3LT8-way, power lumbar & bolsterHeating & Cooling
CompetitionAE4Performance textile, Napa leatherAll colors"Available 1LT, 2LT, 3LT8-way, power lumbar & bolsterHeating & Cooling

For more information, read the original article here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann and Nik
I read elsewhere that the competition seats are not heated or cooling, thus they don't have the perforations in the seating and back surfaces. Confused as to why GM claims this seat is lighter yet has the added weight of the venting?? My friend has a Porsche GT3 RS with the competition seats, non-vented. It is difficult to get in and out of the seat due to the high thigh bolsters ... but the seats do look awesome and I would likely get them in the C8. Still would need to see how they look and actually sit in them before deciding. The LT1 seat may do just fine.

I read elsewhere that the competition seats are not heated or cooling, thus they don't have the perforations in the seating and back surfaces. Confused as to why GM claims this seat is lighter yet has the added weight of the venting?? My friend has a Porsche GT3 RS with the competition seats, non-vented. It is difficult to get in and out of the seat due to the high thigh bolsters ... but the seats do look awesome and I would likely get them in the C8. Still would need to see how they look and actually sit in them before deciding. The LT1 seat may do just fine.

Does GM claim that they are lighter than the GT2 seat, or that it's the lightest seat available? They probably achieve this through the use of lighter materials - more carbon fibre, perhaps? The GT1 is probably mostly steel construction, so it's easier to make a seat lighter, even with a few fans installed in it.

GM Authority composed an excellent guide to the seat options available in the 2020 Corvette. I'll post some highlights below.

2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-GT1-Bucket-Seats.jpg

2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-GT2-Bucket-Seats.jpg

2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-Competition-Sport-Bucket-Seats.jpg

2020 Chevrolet Corvette Seat Availability
Seat TypeRPO CodeMaterial AvailabilityColor AvailabilityTrim Level AvailabilityAdjustmentsHeating/Cooling
GT1AQ9Mulan leatherJet Black, Sky Cool Gray, Adrenaline RedStandard 1LT & 2LT8-wayNone
GT2AH2Napa leatherAll colors"Available 2LT, Standard 3LT8-way, power lumbar & bolsterHeating & Cooling
CompetitionAE4Performance textile, Napa leatherAll colors"Available 1LT, 2LT, 3LT8-way, power lumbar & bolsterHeating & Cooling

For more information, read the original article here.
You see an excellent review of the seats in the video I posted back on Aug 1st - around the 8 minute mark is where they get in to the seats

I like the GT2 seats, but it's interesting with the perforations, that the seat almost looks dirty where if they would have kept the perforations evenly spaced, it would have just been a difference in shade. Whenever I pull the trigger on a C8, it'll be interesting to go through the seat choices.

I like the GT2 seats, but it's interesting with the perforations, that the seat almost looks dirty where if they would have kept the perforations evenly spaced, it would have just been a difference in shade. Whenever I pull the trigger on a C8, it'll be interesting to go through the seat choices.

I tend to avoid the Kalahari and other coloured seats as I had an Olds with that colour leather... The contrast looks great but even when you try, it's hard to keep the dirt from discolouring them after a while...

Reactions: LE BARON
A customer has brought to my attention an error in the article:

If you order a 2LT, you get heated and ventilated seats regardless of the seats in the car.

In other words, if you order GT1 seats in a 2LT, they are heated and ventilated.

Reactions: LE BARON
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread