On a related topic does anyone have any experience as to where to safely put jack stands after I jack the car up with a floor jack?

I am not having any luck finding anyone locally that can powder coat the wheels and also remove and dismount them so I will have to remove myself and get dismounted at the dealer or a tire shop.

This has been brought up before; it's a challenge and GM doesn't recommend using the control arms although some people do; check out this CCF posting:

Reactions: AndrewJ
Reactions: Rebby and AndrewJ
XPEL vs 3M... is there a consensus as to which one is better?

I'm going to PPF my 5VM front lip, and have heard complaints that the 3M stuff doesn't stick well close to the edges.
I didn't take the chance. I went full bonzo with Ceramic Pro Kavaca PPF. It has a 12 year warranty.

I don't know about you guys, but I have such a bad case of the Monday winter blahs today. I wish spring was here so I can get driving again.

So far stuff I've bought for the C8.

1. GM indoor car cover. Bought this from Kipp Scott online. Local dealer wasn't willing to price match, so just paid the $50 for shipping to the GTA.

2. Paragon lowering collars.

3. Paragon 20mm wheel spacers.

4. Radiator and side vent guards from radiator grill store.

5. AGM carbon 5VM front and side skirts.

6. GM highwing spoiler.

7. UPR oil catch can.

8. Samsung 256 gig memory card....Black Friday deal for $40 from Bestbuy.

Still really debating wheels....$5-6K is a lot of cheddar...plus tires...plus TPMS.
I was thinking of installing the paragon 20mm wheel spacers. Obviously just for looks but wondering if there are warranty or performance issues to be concerned with.

Other than my fuzzy dice, just scored a second set of factory rims for Bluray. Only cost 500.00,Complete with TPS sensors. Now I can ceramic coat the second set and look at some alternative tires. I was thinking of going Alpine’s for winter, or the CUP2s for track. Still undecided. Anyone do their own ceramic on wheels? Any recommendations?
8AACB08C-C185-4051-B2EF-020B2E370A59.jpeg

Yup... It was my first attempt with a ceramic product. I found it pretty easy to do and I was very happy with the results. On the advice of Rob at "The Cleanup Shop" (in Kingston), I did my wheels and calipers with one coat of the FeynLab "Wheel and Caliper" for protection, then a coat of the "Ceramic Light" to boost that protection and add some of its great Hydrophobic qualities. If it keeps some of the Z51 brake dust off the rims, I don't really notice it much but it does wash off a heck of a lot easier. It's super slick :canada:.

Good Luck.

FeynLab.JPG

Yup... It was my first attempt with a ceramic product. I found it pretty easy to do and I was very happy with the results. On the advice of Rob at "The Cleanup Shop" (in Kingston), I did my wheels and calipers with one coat of the FeynLab "Wheel and Caliper" for protection, then a coat of the "Ceramic Light" to boost that protection and add some of its great Hydrophobic qualities. If it keeps some of the Z51 brake dust off the rims, I don't really notice it much but it does wash off a heck of a lot easier. It's super slick :canada:.

Good Luck.

View attachment 77649
thanks for the tip. I will get this to try my wheels. The brake dust is crazy on these things!

Hi, I was wondering what you guys think of the rocker panel extension in carbon flash add on?
I ordered a non-z51 and would likely put on a carbon flash Z51 front splitter, I think it looks better at the front. Hoping to get you guys opinion on the rocker panel, would it enhance the look or vice versa?
I know this is all person preference but exactly my point, to get your personal opinion. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.