Al I like the rear rims if I was picking. So you have the ZR1 allocation and are ordering your car? I think you are the only active member on here who has confirmed this if so.
This new orange was pretty well received on the release threads all over the forums and although not my choice does look good with the black and carbon fibre accents.
When is delivery promised for you?

Congratulations

Derek
Canadian orders to be built in March ... del May or June.

Reactions: ddgermann
As distasteful it may be to some you can't buy a ZR1 without the ironing board out back. Or get both if they're interchangeable. It's like getting a Viper ACR without the silly aero kits you'll be leaving on the 401 Westbound....

I would think that the cover for the tall wing may be separate? Looking forward to Barret Jackson auction. 01 vin to be sold for charity, the 2015 ZO6 vin 01
went for 1 million loonies.

Yes agreed Al. Likely a cutout and a slip over section for the wing. Whatever it ends up being it will be pretty special for that car.
We are excited to see your grin in that amazing Corvette this summer. :thumbs:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Yes agreed Al. Likely a cutout and a slip over section for the wing. Whatever it ends up being it will be pretty special for that car.
We are excited to see your grin in that amazing Corvette this summer. :thumbs:

I'm not sure on the two piece cover.... I'm thinking it might be one piece and have a wing pocket addition sorta like the form fit little ears the custom covers have to accommodate the mirrors.... Either way, it's gonna be easy to tell the front from the rear when you're putting the cover on.... :cool:

I like the big wing but I'm thinking the novelty would wear off and then I'd be cursing it every time I had to load my golf clubs.... lol....

As distasteful it may be to some you can't buy a ZR1 without the ironing board out back. Or get both if they're interchangeable. It's like getting a Viper ACR without the silly aero kits you'll be leaving on the 401 Westbound....

It's not my car, HOWEVER, if I were to invest in a ZR1, I would really, really lean heavily to the big wing as the ZR1 is the pinnacle of Corvette performance, so you should get what makes the ZR1 ,the ZR1. The worry, as Rruuff states, is if you use the back storage a lot, it may get tiresome loading the car from the side (but I'm sure I would get used to it), and it's not like the wing will help performance on the street so, it would be like buying the car more for what it is capable of doing as opposed to buying it for what you'll be using it for. I don't know, I like the large wing as it just calmly lets all other performance cars on the road know that this is the king and just seeing the wing on the car in the garage would put one heck of a smile on my face knowing what I have.

Good points Riley.... The wing certainly screams ZR1 but I think the 755 horsepower screams ZR1 as well... And after all, the low wing is no slouch either. GM says even it makes 70% more downforce than the Z06 spoiler...

It's not my car, HOWEVER, if I were to invest in a ZR1, I would really, really lean heavily to the big wing as the ZR1 is the pinnacle of Corvette performance, so you should get what makes the ZR1 ,the ZR1. The worry, as Rruuff states, is if you use the back storage a lot, it may get tiresome loading the car from the side (but I'm sure I would get used to it), and it's not like the wing will help performance on the street so, it would be like buying the car more for what it is capable of doing as opposed to buying it for what you'll be using it for. I don't know, I like the large wing as it just calmly lets all other performance cars on the road know that this is the king and just seeing the wing on the car in the garage would put one heck of a smile on my face knowing what I have.
Well stated!

I think you summed it up well Riley. On that beast the wing is a statement piece. I admit I would most likely have it on there as well. Despite the side loading thing and weird looks from the unenlightened masses. The car is a monster and the wing is functional to the point of something like 800 or 900 pounds of downforce at “ludicrous” speed. My stage 3 Z06 is rated for around 250 pounds downforce at 100 Mph. Which actually feels pretty good I heard.

If one is going to get the ZR1... it will be for what it is capable of more than what is actually routinely happening with the car in most cases. Pretty special car to be beating at the track regularly. Can hop up a cheaper car for that. The top of the food chain kind of thing. No stress. :Biggrin:

The 2019 ZR1 vin 001 will be auctioned off at the Barret Jackson car auction Saturday 20 th around 6:30. Could be on tv in your area? Will be on the velocity tv station, that I do not get. Let me know what it goes for if you get it.

The 2019 ZR1 vin 001 will be auctioned off at the Barret Jackson car auction Saturday 20 th around 6:30. Could be on tv in your area? Will be on the velocity tv station, that I do not get. Let me know what it goes for if you get it.

This is purely an educated guess but given it's Barrett Jackson and its a charity drive sale as well, I will throw my hat in the ring at
$ 280,000.00. Notice I said my hat... not my money....

Barrett Jackson auction, Lot 3009, 2019 ZR1, s/n [HASHTAG]#001[/HASHTAG], to be sold on Jan 20/2018, 100% of the price going to proceeds as described below.

Come on guys, get those cheque books ready. Everyone will be watching this one closely!

Most powerful, most advance production Corvette produced. 6.2-liter V8 engine and 7-speed manual or 8-speed automatic transmission. 100% of hammer price to benefit Building for America’s Bravest through The Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation.
100% of the hammer price benefits:

Yes Graham.... Rick pretty much has them all. He has the Vin 001 Camaro ZL1 1LE He paid 250K for it. Chump change.... Maybe a bunch of us should get together and buy it.... A BIG bunch of us....lol...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread