Hi Warlord. No, I have not gone back to dealership as I was not aware there may be a fix in place. If the squealing were to resume I most certainly will. Please send pics when your Morimotos are installed.... I do like the look and the sequential feature. I will also be interested on hearing your opinion of the fit, finish and quality! Im still dealing with a few medical issues otherwise my car would be on the road by now. We have had some very nice weather over the past couple of weeks. Happy motoring to you all!!
Take care of yourself Paul. Your car will wait for you. :thumbs:

Hi Warlord. No, I have not gone back to dealership as I was not aware there may be a fix in place. If the squealing were to resume I most certainly will. Please send pics when your Morimotos are installed.... I do like the look and the sequential feature. I will also be interested on hearing your opinion of the fit, finish and quality! Im still dealing with a few medical issues otherwise my car would be on the road by now. We have had some very nice weather over the past couple of weeks. Happy motoring to you all!!

Will let you know if I put them on! She is a beauty! Get well soon!

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Lovely car - beautiful color. I hope you get well soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Have you considered changing out the pads, if ONLY for the reduction in brake dust on your rims always? This was my original reasoning but I have now had these Carbotech 1512s on for five years and, well there never has been any looking back. Even been out on the track a few times where i should have gone to a more aggressive pad but no probs whatsoever. I travel ALOT... and I am very aggressive... no dust whatsoever since changing and never a squeal...

Reactions: WARLORD
I'll be honest, I thought that the squealing is just the price you pay for having the carbon ceramic brakes.

I have friends who have ccbs on an NSX and Porsches... They all complain of the squeal too.

As others have said, a couple hard stops usually makes it go away for a few weeks. Once I hear it again, it tells me it's time to go to the track again!

Adam

I'll be honest, I thought that the squealing is just the price you pay for having the carbon ceramic brakes.

I have friends who have ccbs on an NSX and Porsches... They all complain of the squeal too.

As others have said, a couple hard stops usually makes it go away for a few weeks. Once I hear it again, it tells me it's time to go to the track again!

Adam

I went to my dealer 4th time still not able to fix it! Made a complaint to the director awaiting for his reply. Mechanic said he has never seen this before, he did what any inexperienced mechanic did, he greased it (again!) track time for sure!

I went to my dealer 4th time still not able to fix it! Made a complaint to the director awaiting for his reply. Mechanic said he has never seen this before, he did what any inexperienced mechanic did, he greased it (again!) track time for sure!

When I attended COS in Nevada I was told that with the CCB it is normal as they are high performance brakes and squealing comes along with it. It will more likely happen when you try to use your brakes at a minimal fraction of their potential. (ie breaking really progressively, slowly, gracefully - opposite of track use). This happens with my car too but I found a simple fix: hose the pads/rotors down. I'm washing the car pretty much everytime I take it out here in Sask so I don't hear the squealing too often. I agree it's annoying but I wouldn't trade braking performance for silence.

When I attended COS in Nevada I was told that with the CCB it is normal as they are high performance brakes and squealing comes along with it. It will more likely happen when you try to use your brakes at a minimal fraction of their potential. (ie breaking really progressively, slowly, gracefully - opposite of track use). This happens with my car too but I found a simple fix: hose the pads/rotors down. I'm washing the car pretty much everytime I take it out here in Sask so I don't hear the squealing too often. I agree it's annoying but I wouldn't trade braking performance for silence.

Good luck!!!
Hi Warlord

I experience the same on my 2018 GS... apparently there's a service bulletin from GM on this to apply some kind of lube on brake pads but doesn't seem to help much. It seems to be the type of material in the Brake Pads. Yes very embarrassing when you pull up to a red light. Love my car otherwise!

Hello JCWP, thanks for your feedback! There is indeed a recall on all brakes from 2018 onwards (z06) they applied the lube grease on mines as well, same issue over and over (I went to the dealer 4 times!) I finally brought this up with the director and they changed all the 4 pads on October 5, 2020. I have only experienced a slight squeak on and off but much better than before. I believe the recall for the brakes using grease is an excuse from GM to not recall all the defective breaks. I have read other forums and most of the z06 has the issues and resolved them once the brakes were changed. I tried all the recommendations on this thread including braking hard (not sure why we should be doing this on a vehicle I paid 140K on but I tried it and it does not work). I suggest you escalate your issue and they will replace your defective pads. Enjoy the rest of the few weeks before you store this baby away for old man winter! BTW while I was getting my brakes replaced, I purchased a Jake Stinger carbon flash hood directly from GM in the USA (Bowling) and I had to return it twice as it came in with a slight tear, GM does not roll up the carbon flash jake stinger decal (unbelievable!) !!! The second one they offered me a discount to keep it for 200$ while I await for the third one to arrive! I paid up the 200$ since it costs 412$ CDN for a brand new one. I will keep this as a spare, I guess! I will post the photo once they put it on! Cheers!

Hello JCWP, thanks for your feedback! There is indeed a recall on all brakes from 2018 onwards (z06) they applied the lube grease on mines as well, same issue over and over (I went to the dealer 4 times!) I finally brought this up with the director and they changed all the 4 pads on October 5, 2020. I have only experienced a slight squeak on and off but much better than before. I believe the recall for the brakes using grease is an excuse from GM to not recall all the defective breaks. I have read other forums and most of the z06 has the issues and resolved them once the brakes were changed. I tried all the recommendations on this thread including braking hard (not sure why we should be doing this on a vehicle I paid 140K on but I tried it and it does not work). I suggest you escalate your issue and they will replace your defective pads. Enjoy the rest of the few weeks before you store this baby away for old man winter! BTW while I was getting my brakes replaced, I purchased a Jake Stinger carbon flash hood directly from GM in the USA (Bowling) and I had to return it twice as it came in with a slight tear, GM does not roll up the carbon flash jake stinger decal (unbelievable!) !!! The second one they offered me a discount to keep it for 200$ while I await for the third one to arrive! I paid up the 200$ since it costs 412$ CDN for a brand new one. I will keep this as a spare, I guess! I will post the photo once they put it on! Cheers!
Thanks bud

I will complain again, try to get them to replace pads.

Btw your ride looks amazing!!! love the colour, trim and decals. Nice job!!

Yes not looking forward to putting my car away for winter :(

I purchased a brand new 2018 z06 convertible last year and every time I brake there is a squeaking noise coming from behind the wheels. I have brought it into GM (3) times already and they cannot find the problem. Any ideas before I go for the fourth time? Has anyone here had a similar problem? Thanks!
i have a very similar issue with my 2019 Stingray, (14,000 miles), just started happening. The dealer removed and cleaned the rr pads, but it didn't fix the problem. Did you ever find a fix for this??
thanks

hello Butsy, after 5 attempts from the garage they replaced the pads in October and it still did not correct the noise. I had told them that they cannot just change the pads and not the disks however, they had to follow GM rules. I am scheduled to replace all the four disks and pads once winter is over. There is no other way to fix this problem - trust me I am going to my 6th garage appointment for the same issue! 😩

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.