Featured Thread
Saturday night hotels below

MAY 21ST --- LOOKS LIKE ALL TYPES OF ROOMS STILL REMAIN!!!

You can book via phone #1-877-754-5486- you will need to provide the group name ‘Mountain Corvette Cruise’.

You can also book online by using the links below:

Book the night of August 18th please

These links get you 10% off regular rates for our event!

Glacier Mountaineer Lodge: https://glaciermountaineer.reztrip.com/ext/promoRate?property=1397&mode=b&pm=true&sr=307240&vr=3

This hotel below is a few min walk from the main hotel above. 10% off rooms also

Palliser Lodge: https://palliserlodge.reztrip.com/ext/promoRate?property=1398&mode=b&pm=true&sr=307246&vr=3

UPDATE Feb 25th. I have been getting questions about the route and things. I will say everything we are posting is just general idea's of the route and is NOT set in stone just yet. I just added 4 map photo's at the end of this post #1 of more detailed area of the route. It could still change.

Now, one thing that would be nice to know is if Garrett and his C3 is coming on the trip.. mainly for fuel range of his car. I seen posts he needed to gas up more on the Drumheller trip, are you coming and what is the range of your vehicle? It is 233 km from Cochrane to Radium and maybe 250 with going through Banff. Does your car have a better range then 150 miles/250km ??? I think the tank is small on the C3's right???

I am trying to figure out stops. I think his car should be able to do 150mi/250km - Post and let us know. I don't know your handle here, might have to ask someone or someone can post here so I can ask him.

If it is not that good maybe we can do a 5-10 min stop just before leaving Banff and he can fill up there. then he should be good to Radium.. or get a luggage rack and a 5 gallon jerry can ;)

Now, I haven't done the 93 to Radium for maybe 20 years and the 95 maybe 20-30 years. MikeyZ06 is giving me tips on idea's for stops ( give me more! ). We will be doing a test run of the trip in early June I think and will look at all idea's for photo shoot locations and stops.

Now, if your from Edmonton ( or Red Deer ) and want to leave at 6am or whenever Saturday that would save you a room cost in Cochrane. Up to you.

Kinda thinking maybe 15-25 cars this time, not sure just yet.

There are still $188.10 rooms left now. You will notice the "Mountain Corvette Cruise" come on screen clicking on the links just below, that gives the 10% off.

Now, my credit card has still NOT been charged yet... that is good. Cancellation up to 24 hours before.

Lake Louise rooms for the same night are $385 and some have no cancellation.

View attachment 14889

Feb 25th update done.

Who is coming?

Please post once you know your coming and add if you have booked either nights room and who is coming with you. I will update off and on as I see posts.

If you name needs to be added please post on a new post and I will see it or a significant other say the name.

2018 Mountain Cruise List below as people confirm.

Name(s) / ( CCF Handle )

Updated April 15th with some names from Alberta Corvettes Facebook page
Also, there are 10 maybes too on that page - I will be contacting people over the next while to see if they might go and if they have any questions. Looks like we could have 20-25 Corvettes again,

1. Brian and hopefully Giuliana ( 2009CGMZR1 )
  2. Paul and Jo ( RockyPM )
  3. Jeff and Robin ( Jeffer2013 )
  4. Ziggy and Cindy ( Turbozig )
  5. Dennis & Bonnie ( Rockitman )
  6. Rick & Kathy ( Rick9456 )
  7. Thomas & Jacqueline (thomigun)
  8. Freda & Spence ( SN III )
  9. Cody ( Jr Corvette )
  10. Mike and his daughter
  11. Jon M
  12. Martin V
  13. Thomas P
  14. Gordon R
  15. Sonet C L
  16. Ralene C
  17. Tyson H
  18. Grant and wife ( meet at resort he said ) Wide05

Whoever else has booked let me know...........post a new post and I will see it.

They can now start booking!

So, we have picked Cochrane, AB as the start point. Now, start time will be earlier then Rocky's 11:30am time and that is to give us more time IN the mountains.

Now, Aug 17th Friday night we have 18-20 rooms blocked for us at the Days Inn Cochrane. it is under C Mountain Club and most are $160 rooms for $149.00 booking direct. cancelation 24 hours before allowed. The rooms are held till July 17th and you book them yourself. Now, if your an early bird in Red Deer and want to drive in the am you can but might be too much from Edmonton. Call 1-403-932-5588 and book a room with the booking name C Mountain Club for that night, most have 2 queen beds. the cheaper rooms were all gone/booked he said. Now, there is a Super 8 and Ramada too, close by.

Saturday night hotels below

You can book via phone #1-877-754-5486- they will need to provide the group name ‘Mountain Corvette Cruise’.

Glacier Mountaineer Lodge: https://glaciermountaineer.reztrip.com/ext/promoRate?property=1397&mode=b&pm=true&sr=307240&vr=3

Palliser Lodge: https://palliserlodge.reztrip.com/ext/promoRate?property=1398&mode=b&pm=true&sr=307246&vr=3

Saturday LUNCH at Kootenay Park Lodge

Now a prepared lunch will be good..... why? It will be ready when we arrive and less time waiting to order off a menu and wait for food to be prepared.

poll here >>> 2018 Mountain Cruise - Saturday Lunch Poll - please do if your planning to attend

Hi everyone. Talking with the Kootenay Park Lodge for lunch. They are proposing a buffet lunch and will be closing the restaurant for our event. There is the inside and the patio. They say the total capacity is 55 people but I will be discussing the option of adding more if needed.

There are three options to choose from and we must make a desicion on which option we will go with. The restaurant is asking for a $250 deposit which I will cover to hold the date. Will see if we can get voting buttons for the choices. Take a look and see what you think!

The following options will be served buffet style. A cash bar will be made available to guests who wish to
enjoy our selection of local beer, B.C. VQA wines and cocktails.

• Option A ($18 per person)
 A selection of freshly prepared cold cut sandwiches and wraps
 The option of either; bagged potato chips and vegetables with dip OR cold deli salads
 A variety of squares, cookies and fruit
 Pop, water, juice, tea and coffee

• Option B ($24 per person)
 Konig Meats sausages and 6 oz pure beef burgers served on lodge made bun with condiments and
accompaniments
 The option of either; bagged potato chips and vegetables with dip OR cold deli salads

• Option C ($35 per person)
 Selection of local meats and cheeses
 Roasted herb chicken, vegetable lasagna, roast beef with au jus
 Smashed rosemary potatoes, steamed vegetables and garlic bread
 Mixed greens with local goat cheese, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and a balsamic dressing

Now, she mentioned it is probably better to all book at the Glacier Mountaineer Lodge to all be closer together.

You can now start booking! Saturday August 18th, 2018 for one night.

You will get 10% of the regular rates of $209 and $269 a night, valid till July 15th, 2018 - there are no rooms blocked, it is all first call or online, first to book.

You can book via phone #1-877-754-5486- they will need to provide the group name ‘Mountain Corvette Cruise’.

Ok,

A few things first I am going to post

Now, We juggled weekends ( Paul, Jeff and myself ) and we came down to either Aug 18th or Aug 25th weekend.

I have been dealing with the host hotel / resort this week and found out late Friday that there is a wedding there the Aug 25th weekend. She said Eagles Eye will probably be for the wedding reception.

So, that leaves it to the Aug 18th weekend.

Now we decided to change the start location from Rocky Mountain House to do a different drive this year.

This year we decided on a location that will favor the Calgarian's.

Now, in 2019 the mountain cruise should favor the Edmontonian's. Just to go briefly on 2019 if we decide on Jasper we might have to plan in 2018 as Jasper is stupid for bookings. Now, with the National cruise in late Aug the 2019 Mountain cruise might be in June or early July to keep them apart.

We might go back and forth on start locations... meaning one year Calgarian's won't have the second night costs and the other year the Edmontonian's won't have the second night costs to balance it out.

Now, back to the 2018 cruise.

Now, some talk here of wanting late May/early June..... roads are still not as clean. lakes were still frozen. There was seal coating happening when I branched off last year. June can be a wet month, late Aug less spring roadwork and most of the time dry in late Aug and Sept.

So, we have picked Cochrane, AB as the start point. Now, start time will be earlier then Rocky's 11:30am time and that is to give us more time IN the mountains.

Now, Aug 17th Friday night we have 18-20 rooms blocked for us at the Days Inn Cochrane. it is under C Mountain Club and most are $160 rooms for $149.00 booking direct. cancelation 24 hours before allowed. The rooms are held till July 17th and you book them yourself. Now, if your an early bird in Red Deer and want to drive in the am you can but might be too much from Edmonton. Call 1-403-932-5588 and book a room with the booking name C Mountain Club for that night, most have 2 queen beds. the cheaper rooms were all gone/booked he said. Now, there is a Super 8 and Ramada too, close by.

Now, many things are in the works that will be mentioned in the agenda that might happen or might not.

The end location is Glacier Mountaineer Lodge 10-15 minutes from Golden BC. Kicking Horse Lodging | Kicking Horse Hotels & Condos

Sunday am fill up before leaving Golden and head to Emerald Lake / Natural Bridge area. Now, Parking is limited at the lake itself ( Jeff and I were there last year a week before our 2017 Mountain Cruise ) but they have a guests parking area with a shuttle. We might have to see about this for parking and getting a shuttle.

After that thinking Takakkaw falls area then lunch in Lake Louise area.

After that some may want to go their own way and your welcome to branch off at any time.

Like I said all this is subject to changes.

Paul, Jeff and myself might do the route maybe the 1st or 2nd weekend of June to check for photo ops, best locations for stops/breaks and what ever else.

Now, I have rooms at Kicking Horse ready.. We will get 10% off the rates, They have 2 resorts there, the Glacier Mountaineer Lodge is $209.00 regular so should make it around $188.00 for the night. the two nights would be less then what Lake Louise Inn would want for one night.

the Palliser Lodge is $269.00 regular rate and is a 5 min walk, she recommended us all book in the Glacier Mountaineer one

I guess there is some underground parking there too.

Now, we do NOT have rooms blocked........ BOOK EARLY TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A ROOM!!!

Cochrane Car Washes

Car Wash Coral 102 River Ave Cochrane T4C 2C3 7am – 10pm

Mountain view Car and Truck Wash 620 – 1st St W Cochrane T4C 1Z6 8AM – 9PM

Golden Car Wash

Downtown Auto Wash 520 – 8th Ave N Golden BC V0A 1H0

Now, here is the agenda I have done so far.

2018 Corvette Mountain Cruise

Aug 17th – 19th, 2018

Tentative as of now – additions and deletions to happen

Friday night – Stay in Cochrane or any where’s in the Calgary area ( possible evng social in Cochrane )

Sat am – Cochrane ( Leave location Cochrane Days Inn )

Make sure gas tank is full in Cochrane before leaving

8am – Breakfast at Smitty’s across to the east

9:00am - Group get together – hand out flyers with route and info for the weekend ( head / car count )

9:15am – Drivers meeting

9:30 am – Leave Cochrane for Banff on 1A all the way to Canmore ( TBD )

10:20am – Everyone needing 2 day park pass in line / pull over to far right once your through - wait

10:40am – Arrive in Banff ( 110 km ) Drive the tunnel mountain road and drive and over by the overlook to the Banff Springs Hotel ( Banff surprise corner ) and down Buffalo street to down main street Banff and out the west side. Maybe a 5-10 min stop just before leaving town near the train station could be a possibility.

11:00am or so – leave Banff

12:00pm – arrive at Kootenay Park Resort ( 75 km ) – Have Lunch

1:30pm -2:30pm Drive from Kootenay park Resort to Radium Hot Springs ( 65 km ) – short break - location TBD

3pm – Radium to Golden ( 105 km )

4pm – Drive to Kicking Horse Resort area ( gas up today or tomorrow am or maybe you are good with gas )

4:20pm – arrive, check in

Break to unwind / freshen up - in your rooms

6pm – Dinner locations TBD - like last year we will let people chose as they wish...... last year half went to the bar and half went upstairs...

One location could be a steak house close by if we want... kinda expensive.

Copper Horse Steakhouse | Kicking Horse Resort Fine Dining | Golden BC

Copper Horse Steakhouse
The Copper Horse Steakhouse provides a casual, yet unparalleled mountain dining experience that is inspired by locally sourced food and wines from British Columbia.

Here you can sample the best of the Rocky Mountain Cuisine such as Elk, Bison, Beef, and Salmon.

We are conveniently located at Copper Horse Lodge, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort.

One could be these.....below

The Kicking Horse Saloon
Come to our classic western saloon or family restaurant. We offer tasty homestyle meals and a wonderful selection of microbrew beers, wines and spirits. Have fun playing board games or our famous Giant Jenga. Kids (under 19) are welcome in the saloon until 10 pm.

Peaks Grill
Peaks Grill is located at the base of the Gondola in the heart of the action at Kicking Horse Plaza. Known for legendary après with delicious homemade food and ice cold beer.

Special surprise event - Time TBA Sat night ( maybe around 9pm area )

Sunday am

8am – Breakfast

9am – drive to Golden to gas up if you need/want gas ( 16 km )

9:30am – meeting location to start day 2 ( location TBD )

9:45am – Leave Golden to drive to Takakkaw Falls ( approx 100 km )

11am – Arrive Takakkaw Falls ( approx 45 min visit )

Approx 12 noon – head to Emerald Lake visit for maybe 1-2-3 hour(s) ( Parking to be planned – could be a lot off the area for hotel guests - shuttle required that they offer – TBD with them )

2-3 locations to have lunch - area has beautiful lake views

Afternooon TBD at a later date closer to event

View attachment 13878

View attachment 13879

View attachment 13880

View attachment 13881

View attachment 13882

View attachment 13885

View attachment 13890

View attachment 13892

View attachment 13906

View attachment 14875

View attachment 14876

View attachment 14877

View attachment 14878

posting all this for now....... discussion is open, any questions of any kind

Hope everyone can make this weekend and likes the route!!!

Brian[/QUOT

Last edited:
Sunday the 24th? If so, that was me in White vert, nice Blue Z06!

We were coming the other way in a silver Honda CR-V... did you notice us??? LOL

I see your from Golden BC.... you gonna join us for dinner Saturday Aug 18th at Kickinghorse Resort??? Hope so.

Let me know if any scenic photo shoots for 15-20 Corvettes in that area.

B

We were coming the other way in a silver Honda CR-V... did you notice us??? LOL

I see your from Golden BC.... you gonna join us for dinner Saturday Aug 18th at Kickinghorse Resort??? Hope so.

Let me know if any scenic photo shoots for 15-20 Corvettes in that area.

B
That was you in the twin turbo CRV?:). I wish i could be here, wedding in Lethbridge that weekend, damn!

Reactions: 2009CGMZR1
Just an FYI from Golden, filled up with 94 at Chevron, 1.73.9! Ouch, 91 is 1.69.9. If anyone needs local info or assistance with something feel free to contact me, as previously mentioned, I cannot be here due to a wedding in Lethbridge that weekend:)

• Winner
Reactions: ddgermann
Just an FYI from Golden, filled up with 94 at Chevron, 1.73.9! Ouch, 91 is 1.69.9. If anyone needs local info or assistance with something feel free to contact me, as previously mentioned, I cannot be here due to a wedding in Lethbridge that weekend:)

OH, that sucks... ( that your away )

I think I paid $1.43.9/ltr Chevron 94 for 4 jerry cans with Jeffy last year on our test run ... 30c more :(

B

Went to Red Deer last night to meet up with Paul...... hung out at the Red Deer cruise night at the church ( last one, they lost the facility due to stunters ) - then we went for dinner to talk about this cruise at Hudsons downtown RD.... Paul is excited for the event.. Ziggy loved the route ( test run last week ) and Mike and Brooklyn seen our cars and stopped into say hi and they are excited for the cruise too.
IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg

Just did a major refresh / update tonight on the text and changed many maps

I seen I have some info repeated.. tried to remove most of the repeats.... many times I am juggling time to update this.

i will be trying to get everyones email address / cell phone soon.... for odd email update closer to event.

please PM me your email and cell phone number too.

Brian

OH,,,, don't worry about the cost of gas! Most can make it on Alberta gas ( fill full in Cochrane ) and won't need BC gas. Maybe some will need $10.00-20.00 or so of gas in Lake Louise..... see how it goes.

I will be filling with Chevron 94 in Golden... high test :)
Still 173.9 for the good stuff. Bet it would be the first time you could spend 146.00 filling an 18 gallon tank!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread