Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
I am waiting for a 2015 z51 and am thinking of doing some mods. I have some questions, hopefully which will be answered by others who have more knowhow then I do. I will not be racing the car just regular street use. I have researched the following, but not sure if these are the best. Also looking at weight reduction and improved mileage. Thanks.

What are the best headers for this car? Looking at American racing 13/4 inch mid length.
What is the best cold air intake? Halltech carbon?
Light weight battery? Braille?
Complete brake sets? AP Racing?

I am waiting for a 2015 z51 and am thinking of doing some mods. I have some questions, hopefully which will be answered by others who have more knowhow then I do. I will not be racing the car just regular street use. I have researched the following, but not sure if these are the best. Also looking at weight reduction and improved mileage. Thanks.

What are the best headers for this car? Looking at American racing 13/4 inch mid length.
What is the best cold air intake? Halltech carbon?
Light weight battery? Braille?
Complete brake sets? AP Racing?

You are willing to sacrifice warranty?

I would put 5 or 10 k on the car first, then make the changes. Usually by then, the engine and drivetrain will let you know of any problems that might arise. Once over, modify away!

People might say all sorts of things, but let's all be honest here--it's doubtful that the sample size of modified C7s is really large with any products.

I see headers as being somewhat of a commodity--especially for street applications. Get whatever you like that seems like a good deal. Installed properly, there's nothing that will be "safer" than anything else. That being said, I'd stick to the larger brands.

Intakes might be a different story. Again there's not enough data to really call out a best product. Don't read too much into the gains rotted by the manufacturer. Manny might have some sage words of advice.

I'm not sure if Vararam has a C7 CAI, but lots of people here like it in their C6.

I was going to wait before going ahead. I'll speak with the dealer to get their take on the warranty issue. I've read that unless there are mechanical changes and/or computer changes, the warranty will be ok. Headers and intake may be minor mods that may not effect the warranty. Opinions and/or other info welcome.

Just make sure to do pre/post dyno runs so we can see the results!

Sounds like some very good mods to start with. Sorry I can't help you out with brands but if you want to discuss what headers are available, I would imagine Manny (Nasty98) at Dasilva Motorsports would be the guy to talk to.

The only headers that are said to work without tuning/throwing a code are ARH midlengths with cats (they aren't guaranteed to not throw a code so you can't take it as gospel). Some US outfits (e.g. Vengeance Racing) sell the ARH midlengths with cold air intake as a package that doesn't require tuning.

The only cold air intakes available so far are Halltech (which has a carbon fibre and a hybrid with a plastic intake tube) and AFE. I don't know which one is the best - I think the Halltech looks better but is pretty pricey Halltech did engine dyno testing with Katech as part of their development and their stuff is high quality. Diablo can provide a tune with for the AFE but whether that works well with Halltech's intake I don't know. Halltech will flow more than AFE but that doesn't matter on a stock engine.

Brakes would be interesting - Brembo has a big brake package as well but you'd want to check whether you'd need to run a spacer. If you're running wider wheels and fit is pushed more aggressively to the outside a spacer may mess up your fit.

Thanks. I spoke with Manny and he basically said the same thing. ARH and Halltech. The mid length seem to be tripping the engine light and require a tune. I would prefer not to have the tune b/c of warranty problems. I'll see after I get the car. Does anyone have any experience with the dry air filters which supposedly allow more air flow?

As has been suggested....I would wait for 10 - 15,000 km until any mods are done.

The C7 has a significant increase in power over the C6. This is likely due to
improved header airflow, better combustion and increased air intake, as these are easily done in the manufacturing process. So....the mods that really helped the C6, may, to
a large extent, not be of much help to the C7.
So running the C7 for a while will give you feedback regarding any need to do mods.

My two cents !! YMMV !

Tony
welland

Thanks. I spoke with Manny and he basically said the same thing. ARH and Halltech. The mid length seem to be tripping the engine light and require a tune. I would prefer not to have the tune b/c of warranty problems. I'll see after I get the car. Does anyone have any experience with the dry air filters which supposedly allow more air flow?

You may want to speak with ARH. There were apparently some people who had check engine lights with midlengths but ARH then replaced the cats to resolve the problem.

I will be in touch once I get some km on the car. ARH mid length and Halltech cold air will be the choice.

Would you get those mods with or without a tune?

I have 18,000 km on my 14 now and have been toying with the thought of adding mild mods like yourself, but since the winter is near I'll likely wait until next spring if anything.

I will get the mid lengths, no tune. Little afraid of warranty and this car has been so thoroughly worked over, I don't want to do too much, since I will not be racing, just pleasure. Figure a few simple mods will give me the custom car I want and I won't worry about other possible issues that could crop up on a highly modified vehicle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.