Anyone heard of a legitimate reason for the potential large price difference in the US and Canadian pricing? I know it has always been like that, just wondered how GM (and others) justify it. I have heard all the tired old arguments (exchange rate, slightly different spec etc). Their reasoning doesn't wash anymore.

Anyone heard of a legitimate reason for the potential large price difference in the US and Canadian pricing? I know it has always been like that, just wondered how GM (and others) justify it. I have heard all the tired old arguments (exchange rate, slightly different spec etc). Their reasoning doesn't wash anymore.

That is a really good question. One I have never heard a good answer to. I believe it is the cost of doing business in Canada. Too high a tax structure.

as with most products imported to canada it seems to be " what the market will bear ". cars, cell phone charges, prescriptions, you name it, we get bucket hooped in this country every time. c.b.c. marketplace did a segment on what we pay for low strength aspirin, about twice what other countries pay !!! :mad:

As stated, that is a very good question. Don't forget about the difference in the price of gas! I would like to know the difference as well.... How many years do we have to be near par to get near par pricing?

It's all about what the market will bear. I read an article and the guy stated that Canadians pay more because they will. When we had a sixty five cent dollar, then there was a reason for it. I buy Canadian where ever possible.

As stated, that is a very good question. Don't forget about the difference in the price of gas! I would like to know the difference as well.... How many years do we have to be near par to get near par pricing?

I am not sure about other products but with gas the big price difference is the taxes applied at Provincial and Federal level. We shouldn't complain about high taxes though......we all know our government always spends our money wisely.

Any new thoughts on the price in Canada? Or how difficult it would be to bring one in from the States? I ordered one but the price is still open. Under remarks it says based on 2013 Corvette price subject to increase or decrease. Not to exceed MSRP. He used the price of a Grand Sport I think. Seems a tad high from what GM announced.

Well, if I had to speculate, and that's all I can do, I would imagine as the current base price is %60,600, it should start around $62,500. This is total speculation. I imagine if you go to a Z51 with extras, you should be headed in the area of $75,000. I hope they come out with pricing soon in Canada.

That is the Canadian way! :rofl:

At least that is the way I sent since I was going to the States anyway.

I called our local dealer yesterday to see if pricing has been released for Canada. I am glad he didn't give me the runaround but just said that they have no idea yet but will let me know when they find out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread