Whew! 71,000 beans! Looks like I'll have to wait a few more years for a well taken care of used one. Funny that the race to win a corvette contest is open to all people in the States and people in the district of Columbia. Odd combination. I wish we could enter here in Canada.:(

That price can't be for the base corvette. No way (IMHO).

I hope not -- These cars are expensive enought to buy as it is and purchases are dwindling more and more each year --
The best thing they could do is hold the line for now anyway.

Then there's the statement to the effect that if one can afford the C6 then one should be able to afford the C7 ......

What really p'd me off was that we can't join in the contest.
The entry asked for "State" and the choices were headed by:
UNITED STATES(!)

I would have thought the second largest Corvette purchaser (I'm assuming) in numbers would be allowed in -- Maybe there's some legal reason.

$65k seems like a much nicer entry point for this vehicle.

$71 still seems doable for GM though--and nice margins to boot.

Don't think I'll traade my C6 in for a few years though.

The C7 should be 5% more over the C6 model for model .

Agree Steve -- that would put the '14 base model (if there will be one) at about $64,000.
Add more standard features to a base model then it will be more expensive to buy, but justifiably so since more is included .

my 2 nickels worth.

i wonder if the pricing will be beyond the comfort level of spending for many potential buyers ? it also makes me think that a used c6 becomes more attractive to purchase, thereby increasing the value of the previous gen somewhat. jest wonderin'.

After the C7 has been out for 6 months I can buy the base model with no options for about $47,500 (us) that's projected invoice .I got the info from my friendly dealer in New Hampshire where I won't have to pay any tax .The 47,500 is just about 5% more than the 2013 .There will be no incentives for at least a year

I heard that they are working on a de-contented model to make it more affordable. This was a tactic used in the 80's. Didnt work well than and it sure as hell wont today. The brand needs to keep its exclusivity.

On a side note, The C7 looks bad ass in the new commercial! Really growing on me.

I don't know the de-contented models from the 80's but I remember the attempted de-contented model like the C5 FRC in 99. A light weight stripper model sounds good, but if I remember right, the FRC came out only $800 cheaper... then turned into the Z06 as the market for a "one payment less" expensive Corvette didn't really give the savings hoped for....either that or they priced the base Corvette as low as possible with no room to go lower. I imagine a stripper model would have to be like $5,000 less to be a real incentive.

How stripper would it be though? Lets have fun with what we could pull out to make it cheaper. Vinyl floors? Cloth seats? Roll up windows? 6 speed tranny with no rev match? Fixed roof? Steel wheels with dog dish hub caps? Halogen lights? 4-speaker tape deck/radio? No cylinder deactivation? Ummmm, Driver's side only mirror? Grey plastic bumpers a-la 90's cavaliers?

Anyone else know what else to pull out?:D

I don't know the de-contented models from the 80's but I remember the attempted de-contented model like the C5 FRC in 99. A light weight stripper model sounds good, but if I remember right, the FRC came out only $800 cheaper... then turned into the Z06 as the market for a "one payment less" expensive Corvette didn't really give the savings hoped for....either that or they priced the base Corvette as low as possible with no room to go lower. I imagine a stripper model would have to be like $5,000 less to be a real incentive.

How stripper would it be though? Lets have fun with what we could pull out to make it cheaper. Vinyl floors? Cloth seats? Roll up windows? 6 speed tranny with no rev match? Fixed roof? Steel wheels with dog dish hub caps? Halogen lights? 4-speaker tape deck/radio? No cylinder deactivation? Ummmm, Driver's side only mirror? Grey plastic bumpers a-la 90's cavaliers?

Anyone else know what else to pull out?:D

Sounds like my '75 when we didn't need to have all this crap in our cars just to enjoy driving them. I guess nowadays people sit in traffic so much that a car has to be like a second home inside to be enjoyable. I wish we could go back to those kind of Vettes.
[mob][/mob]

I don't think they will have a down dollar model for the reasons Riley has given .What worries me is the Camaro Z28 just introduced . The Camaro has sucked up a lot of the Corvette market and the Z28 will have a performance set up and 500 plus HP for less money than the base vett .

I guess Elf had good info after all. Of course, not many buy the base car and the price goes sky high in a hurry when the extras added on. That's where GM makes the real money. Do you notice how they slide in wording like "over the hill" to make the previous generation out to be a real has been. The latest and greatest 2014 will be the has been junk in eight years time. We'll be keeping our over the hill, long in the tooth, dated, low tech 2005 for a long time. I guess we should be ashamed to drive it in public. ;)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread