Jun 26, 2014
Far East of Canada
VetteCoins
Car
Centennial coupe
Province
NL
AP-Sept.-11-Attacks.jpg

A day of infamy that changed the world forever. Hard to believe it was 20 years ago.
No matter where you were or how old you were, we were all affected by this.
Do you remember where you were when you heard the news?
I was working on a ship in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. It happened while I was off watch.
Came on watch to the terrible news and it took some convincing before I believed it. I arrived back home about a month later.

Our Daughter will be 20 years old in Nov ... :thumbs:
says pretty much what I was up to my eyeballs with at the time.
At the Doctor at the moment (6 months in) on this day 20 years ago.
Counting my blessings on this day to say the least.
Once we left, I began realizing all those in New York, Pennsylvania & Virginia. :Angelsad2:
Got back home and went outside and sat on the deck ... it was so eerie quiet.

Since 2001 YYC has twinned the runways and the new flightpath
is even more over our home.
The shutdown of flights due to covid brought the silence and feeling from the 9/11 week back to my Deck.

I will forever remember the day of 9/11 along with my day
at the moment the Challenger Exploded.

Last edited:
I live in Tecumseh, just outside Windsor, Ontario. September 11, twenty years ago, I was getting my visa for Brazil at their embassy on Bloor Street in Toronto. I had dropped off my application first thing in the morning and had to wait until after lunch to pick up the completed application from the Brazil embassy which was in a high rise. I stood at the corner of Yonge and Bloor Streets with a large crowd blocking all of the traffic as we watched in horror the disaster unfolding in New York on the huge outdoor screens. Another problem was developing because Toronto was evacuating all of the tall office towers and I had great difficulty getting back in to the Brazil Embassy building after lunch. I had to get back to Windsor that evening and could not wait to pick up my visa the next day. I was fortunate that day because they agreed with my dilemma and allowed me pick up my documents.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.