This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

1987 brake help

May 31, 2009
hespeler, cambridge
VetteCoins
Car
1987 c4
hey there,
i have an 87 with 85k. i lost pedal pressure the other day and brake light came on. if i pump it a few times the pressure comes backa bit but gone as soon as i apply brake. master cylinder reervoir full and no leaks at wheels. i assume the master cylinder is shot and i have ordered one that comes in today. i would love to tackle this myself (withthe help of a friend that works on his own cars. lol) i am a bit nervous about doing it but want to learn.
does anyone agree with my googled master cylinder diagnostic? is there anything else it could be. i would really love to have this fixed for the cambridge corvette show on saturday. could drive it as is i guess but you guys would want me to get there first when the lots still empty. lol
thanks
dave

thanks for the info Riley. it looks fairly straight forward. have to take the back wheels off to bleed brakes but hopefully all will work out and i will develop desire and confidence to do some of my own work. bonus side effect of saving money so keeps wife shopping and happy!!!!!!!!

yes i will be at woodstock for sure. too bad i missed sat due to the master cylinder but i did have a beauty day at the boat. went for a 5 hour cruise. got stopped by the opp for speeding 70km in a 10 zone. (i honestly didnt see the no wake sign.) no ticket, took pity on my youthful exuberance.
hopefully the weather will hold for sat.