Rmktim

Casual User
Jul 20, 2015
Bromhead
VetteCoins
Car
1985 C4
thought i read somewhere that you can get a muffler eliminator set up for these cars? would anyone know if you can run on the street? what kinda sound, too load in city traffic etc?

I'm sure you could get any muffler shop (well, ones that you trust with your Corvette) to remove the mufflers and put in straight pipes. It would be quite a bit louder. With stock manifolds it may not get you a ticket, but probably will eventually. Straight pipes with headers are way too loud on the street.

I'm sure you could get any muffler shop (well, ones that you trust with your Corvette) to remove the mufflers and put in straight pipes. It would be quite a bit louder. With stock manifolds it may not get you a ticket, but probably will eventually. Straight pipes with headers are way too loud on the street.
thanks, yes it would be stock and converter left in. drive mostly highway.

Don't do it.......it will "drone", annoying as crap, unless you are 19 years old. Want a nice sound, spend the money and get a catback system from Borla, Corsa, Magnaflow......avoid Flowmaster.....kind of low end stuff. This will set you back $1K. Depending on emmissions inspections, you could always go full system, long-tube headers, cat and resonator delete, x-pipe crossover and nice dual mufflers.....figure $4K for that.

Reactions: CaledoniaBrian
I have a 1985 with muffler eliminators a basic kit purchased off eBay. Very very very good sound. We also gutted the cat and then That made the drone unbearable.

nelson, you put a short crossover behind the cat?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread