Jul 28, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Corvette
Province
NS
How can they offer a product for an engine they haven't even been able to test yet?
Oh, I’d say an engine they can get roughly 800hp out of in a factory offering, finding another 400 isn’t going to be a huge challange. Not easy, but “doable”.

Now, 1800 hp?

Thats a bit of a stretch. Another 400 hp from something that can make 800 is a 50% boost. But 1800 is a 225% increase from a pretty high level of hp to start with. Finding another 1000hp in a 800hp package is not going to be a simple task. Especially when that orginal 800hp is already a forced induction number with twin turbos. That makes it a little more complicated than chucking a turbo/supercharger on it and cranking the boost until you dyno the number you are shooting for.

Should be interesting to watch, if it happens at all that is.....;)

I have no doubt they can get it to 1000hp with stock internals and drivetrain. They did that with the C7 ZR1 with all OEM equipment.

The fact they don't have their hands on a single engine yet is putting the carriage before the horse. They're going "buy this from us!" because they have anything to sell.

The 1,800 hp will likely have a completely rebuilt engine with custom internals and will require 110 octane or E85 fuel.

• Agree
Reactions: hemicat
if you read the blurb, they are planning an 1800 hp "track prepped" version capable of 300 mph.......o_O
it's not a C8 Venom F5 | Hennessey Performance
Hennessey-Venom-F5-8-min.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 61ratvette
I have no doubt they can get it to 1000hp with stock internals and drivetrain. They did that with the C7 ZR1 with all OEM equipment.

The fact they don't have their hands on a single engine yet is putting the carriage before the horse. They're going "buy this from us!" because they have anything to sell.

The 1,800 hp will likely have a completely rebuilt engine with custom internals and will require 110 octane or E85 fuel.

If the 800hp TT C8 is mostly based on the 600hp na engine that extra 200hp (for the most part) likely comes from a couple “screws”, finding 200 more usually can be achieved by cranking up the boost and then programming the PCM to feed it and not let itself ping itself to death. Engine life will go down though.

It’s not too hard to make an estimate for hp/tq off engineering drawings. Lots of those floating around for the new engine right now, if you know where to look on the ‘net that is. What I’m talking about is typically....”limited”....to people with certain credentials or certain...”friends”... in certain places....

Lol!

Well there you go. They already have the engine.

But peaking at 8000 rpm?

Thats not much more than a track weapon.

It will probably be “streetable” (very few hypercars arent these days), but it will be like a 180-200 mph superbike cruising down main street barely above primary chain snatch speeds. Such a waste...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.