Just got some bad news that my c8 was damaged during transport. (undercarriage fiberglass damage)
Now the dealer tells me they are going to repair it. Shouldn't the part be replaced not repaired!
Help, I am heading to the dealer this afternoon to access the damage. I ordered a new car not a repaired one, needles to say I not thrilled at this point

Sorry to hear that! Check with your dealer but I don't think damage would show up on a carfax report if it's done prior to taking possession of the vehicle. Although it's the states, this is a good video explaining what happens in this type of situation:

And press your dealer, they may not knock any $$ off but try to get them throw in some accessories (cover, mats, etc) for your troubles.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9
Just got some bad news that my c8 was damaged during transport. (undercarriage fiberglass damage)
Now the dealer tells me they are going to repair it. Shouldn't the part be replaced not repaired!
Help, I am heading to the dealer this afternoon to access the damage. I ordered a new car not a repaired one, needles to say I not thrilled at this point
Hopefully it’s not serious and just a scrape. Hope it all works out for you…

Hopefully it’s not serious and just a scrape. Hope it all works out for you…
The rocker was damaged...feeling completely gutted over it all
I think my best option is to get the next allocation and pray it arrives by spring
I know the damage is probably miniscule to most but this car is more than just a means of transportation to me, I have been working towards today for so long.

Attachments

• 6E6DAA96-8EBB-4807-9D2A-AE1D21FE8541.jpeg
    6E6DAA96-8EBB-4807-9D2A-AE1D21FE8541.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 8ED8BF95-D9C8-406A-A35F-532BAEE9E636.jpeg
    8ED8BF95-D9C8-406A-A35F-532BAEE9E636.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 16095ABE-8B5C-43E0-B853-321CF62F3984.jpeg
    16095ABE-8B5C-43E0-B853-321CF62F3984.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Sad
Reactions: 12cents
The rocker was damaged...feeling completely gutted over it all
I think my best option is to get the next allocation and pray it arrives by spring
I know the damage is probably miniscule to most but this car is more than just a means of transportation to me, I have been working towards today for so long.
Doesn’t seem too bad. Will the dealer replace or only repair? I know I’d be upset as well, but if I’d have to wait for a 23 at a higher price, it would be a difficult decision.

Sorry to hear that! Check with your dealer but I don't think damage would show up on a carfax report if it's done prior to taking possession of the vehicle. Although it's the states, this is a good video explaining what happens in this type of situation:

And press your dealer, they may not knock any $$ off but try to get them throw in some accessories (cover, mats, etc) for your troubles.

I guess it could have been worse. Not impressed that limited availability negates any need to take care of customers

Doesn’t seem too bad. Will the dealer replace or only repair? I know I’d be upset as well, but if I’d have to wait for a 23 at a higher price, it would be a difficult decision.
They were adamant on repairing, watching the YT video above shows the rocker is glued to the frame and not easily replaced

Yea as long as it doesn’t come up on a carfax report I would get them to repair it & push for a discount / accessories. Also depends on your outlook for the vehicle, if you’re keeping it long term than in the grand scheme it won’t have any impact on resale (assuming it’s not on the carfax report)

Reactions: ShawnC8
I think the chances of me getting any discount or freebies are slim but definitely worth a shot for the 5vm kit.
Reality is they can sell the car to someone else for 10-35k over sticker

I think I want to put in a new order since the car would be sitting in my garage all winter anyways. Any excitement I had for this car is dead

I'm sorry to hear that.

Considering a couple months back you were talking about flipping the car or canceling your order I would assume your not too upset about this?

Either way best of luck, if it were me considering the location of damage I would ask for the side skirt to be replaced under warranty and take the car.

since your posts are current what constraints were you faced with? I could not get Q9I black wheels or high spoiler but could choose Z51 or non Z51 and got FE2 Mag Ride

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.