Nov 29, 2019
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 2LT Z51
Province
ON
So I have now had my car almost one month. I have 2,200 KM's on it. So here are my thoughts from a Corvette Newbie.
The good: The handling and that Tremec DCT are simply AMAZING. Cannot say enough about it. While I have used the manual mode. I am just as happy leaving it in Auto. You are not going to outshift the computer on this thing.
The fit and finish ( I feel) is great. Love the seating (GT2's) and love the microfiber steering wheel. The air blows cold. The roof panel removal is an easy one person job to remove and store.
Car washes - easy and I do not know why such a big deal is being made of the engine vents. I have had no need to spray in this area. There are minimal water issues in the engine bay and the drainage works fine. I simply wipe it all down with the wet microfiber cloth when drying the car. (Yes you need to hand wash)
The stereo is fantastic. also the entire infotainment pack is much more user friendly from my past GM Cars.
This car grabs attention everywhere. So you will make new friends and need to be willing to chat about it when getting gas, stopped at lights, etc. etc.
I love the cameras front and back. The mirror screen takes getting use to but once you are, it is my only driving option. I hardly need to look in the side view mirrors give the wider field of view afforded by the camera mirror. The lights of cars trucks behind you will blink or chase in the mirror as the refresh rates are sync'd. A little weird at first.
By far the best value sports car on the market IMO.

So now the bad. (If you can call it that)
The door storage trays are so small they are really almost useless. I try to put my glass case in the driver side as I need prescription sun glasses and I switch out as needed. So with a wallet and glass case they both do not fit. Once I get the glass case in, it is tough to get out from the seated driver position. Again I get the constraints of design.
As with other comments the phone tray in the middle speaker area is fine when driving but I always forget to pick up my phone now. When it was in front of me or in a cup holder I would see it.
The turn indicator stock is just a little awkward to reach with my hands. If you are grasping the wheel, the paddles are perfect but the stock is just that much further forward to do it well.
The trunk looks big but I have found that it just misses on many dimensions to be useful. one bag of clubs is it for me. But really how much can we expect.
I find the black from the brake dust to be a pain in the butt on the silver rims. I now see why black is popular. I still love my silver trim when clean.
I have found that I have an intermittent brake squeal that I don't think I should have. It's a bit embarrassing at lights when it decides to make noise. I think the dealer needs to look at this.

So overall, a fantastic car that I love to drive as much as I can. An amazing buy at any price (MSRP) We Canucks are very lucky with the pegged exchange rates GM is using. Worth the wait? Absolutely unequivocally YES!

Last edited:
I purchased a second set of rims and I am changing out the break pads with a lower dust output. Still love the car! Now have 11K on it and that’s with it stored since December. All set for the season!
Don't know why you have brake dust issues, I've never noticed it...

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
So I have now had my car almost one month. I have 2,200 KM's on it. So here are my thoughts from a Corvette Newbie.
The good: The handling and that Tremec DCT are simply AMAZING. Cannot say enough about it. While I have used the manual mode. I am just as happy leaving it in Auto. You are not going to outshift the computer on this thing.
The fit and finish ( I feel) is great. Love the seating (GT2's) and love the microfiber steering wheel. The air blows cold. The roof panel removal is an easy one person job to remove and store.
Car washes - easy and I do not know why such a big deal is being made of the engine vents. I have had no need to spray in this area. There are minimal water issues in the engine bay and the drainage works fine. I simply wipe it all down with the wet microfiber cloth when drying the car. (Yes you need to hand wash)
The stereo is fantastic. also the entire infotainment pack is much more user friendly from my past GM Cars.
This car grabs attention everywhere. So you will make new friends and need to be willing to chat about it when getting gas, stopped at lights, etc. etc.
I love the cameras front and back. The mirror screen takes getting use to but once you are, it is my only driving option. I hardly need to look in the side view mirrors give the wider field of view afforded by the camera mirror. The lights of cars trucks behind you will blink or chase in the mirror as the refresh rates are sync'd. A little weird at first.
By far the best value sports car on the market IMO.

So now the bad. (If you can call it that)
The door storage trays are so small they are really almost useless. I try to put my glass case in the driver side as I need prescription sun glasses and I switch out as needed. So with a wallet and glass case they both do not fit. Once I get the glass case in, it is tough to get out from the seated driver position. Again I get the constraints of design.
As with other comments the phone tray in the middle speaker area is fine when driving but I always forget to pick up my phone now. When it was in front of me or in a cup holder I would see it.
The turn indicator stock is just a little awkward to reach with my hands. If you are grasping the wheel, the paddles are perfect but the stock is just that much further forward to do it well.
The trunk looks big but I have found that it just misses on many dimensions to be useful. one bag of clubs is it for me. But really how much can we expect.
I find the black from the brake dust to be a pain in the butt on the silver rims. I now see why black is popular. I still love my silver trim when clean.
I have found that I have an intermittent brake squeal that I don't think I should have. It's a bit embarrassing at lights when it decides to make noise. I think the dealer needs to look at this.

So overall, a fantastic car that I love to drive as much as I can. An amazing buy at any price (MSRP) We Canucks are very lucky with the pegged exchange rates GM is using. Worth the wait? Absolutely unequivocally YES!
I join you in loving the new Vette! As a super car or sports car, whatever your fancy, it ticks off the wish list really well. Not a lot of storage, however, a crossover it was never meant to be. Sunglasses, water bottles, a spot to throw a hat, and a couple of trunks that do require soft-sided luggage to be of any serious value is what I ask of such a beast. The Lambo, 911, and Ferrari are even more underwhelming when it comes to interior or luggage space. When extra space is needed, I take the SRT Grand Cherokee. When its all about the track (just this week) or spirited driving in the twisties (almost daily) it is the C8 every time. Brake dust, golf clubs, extra storge for glasses and cell phone storage rapidly fade like a wisp of dust in a hurricane the minute my hands massage those paddles at full throttle, with the Magna Flow exhaust, ARH headers and Soler throttle body contributing to the raucous roar and the visceral assault on one’s senses … every care in the world simply vanishes as I focus on entry points and apexes. Bravo Corvette, you knocked this one out of the ball park!!!

Reactions: ABC and 2KforeverC5
For storage of sunglasses/case, I'd suggest using the little nook right behind the infotainment screen. Easy to see/grab. For those with a HTC I'd recommend putting them on the floor when exiting and leaving the top down...to avoid "wandering hands" that might reach in and take them since they're very accessible even with the windows up. I suppose the same applies to someone with a coupe and the roof off.

One other point: the 2020 Owner's Manual on page 28 states:

"When the roof panel is off, or the convertible top is down, the intrusion system is turned off."

I've found that when the car is turned off, locked by the fob, the security system is activated (red light shown on dash near the windshield), the HTC top is down and both windows up, reaching inside the vehicle WILL activate the alarm/horn beeping or at least that happened for by 2020 HTC, to my surprise. That seems to contradict what the Owner's Manual says. Does that work the same way for others with a HTC or does that work for those with a coupe with the roof off/windows up?

Reactions: DAL
For storage of sunglasses/case, I'd suggest using the little nook right behind the infotainment screen. Easy to see/grab.
1628534229655.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.