For storage of sunglasses/case, I'd suggest using the little nook right behind the infotainment screen. Easy to see/grab. For those with a HTC I'd recommend putting them on the floor when exiting and leaving the top down...to avoid "wandering hands" that might reach in and take them since they're very accessible even with the windows up. I suppose the same applies to someone with a coupe and the roof off.

One other point: the 2020 Owner's Manual on page 28 states:

"When the roof panel is off, or the convertible top is down, the intrusion system is turned off."

I've found that when the car is turned off, locked by the fob, the security system is activated (red light shown on dash near the windshield), the HTC top is down and both windows up, reaching inside the vehicle WILL activate the alarm/horn beeping or at least that happened for by 2020 HTC, to my surprise. That seems to contradict what the Owner's Manual says. Does that work the same way for others with a HTC or does that work for those with a coupe with the roof off/windows up?
Mine too, the security works with the top down…Happy Motoring!

Awesome review! Super happy to see so many C8 owners are absolutely enjoying their new toy. I really believe the C8 has brought back the heat for Corvettes (if it's ever faded), and it just makes us love driving again!
The heat for Corvettes and the love to drive has always been there and always will be with the tried and true especially. The C8 just brought a different demographic who actually, if money was not a factor, many would just as soon be driving a Lambo, McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche or Jaguar. GM is hitting a home run with the C8 and it's ability to cut into that market. Now they just need to get their ducks in the right row and figure out how to satisfy market demand. We still have lots of new C8 wannabe members who indicate if they have to wait too many years, they will be buying 911's or R8's. Look after the people who got you there and bailed you out when you got into trouble first. Just my opinion.

The heat for Corvettes and the love to drive has always been there and always will be with the tried and true especially. The C8 just brought a different demographic who actually, if money was not a factor, many would just as soon be driving a Lambo, McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche or Jaguar. GM is hitting a home run with the C8 and it's ability to cut into that market. Now they just need to get their ducks in the right row and figure out how to satisfy market demand. We still have lots of new C8 wannabe members who indicate if they have to wait too many years, they will be buying 911's or R8's. Look after the people who got you there and bailed you out when you got into trouble first. Just my opinion.
Absolutely. This microchip problem is not really helping here, but I do hope the production line gets back to normal soon, and let's satisfy the market demand as you said.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
... We still have lots of new C8 wannabe members who indicate if they have to wait too many years, they will be buying 911's or R8's.
Except that R8 has about 6 month wait list and 911 is about a year. A quick perusal of R8 shows dealer ADM of about 20% on a jump the line new one and the price is about $200,000. A used 2017 911 GTS is $197000 plus taxes.

Reactions: DAL
Not certain that even with ducks in orfer that GM is able to mandate a back to normal with the parts supply line. I think the delays are significantly caused by outside forces. Almost every manufacturer from toilet paper to GM is suffering, just not all equally. Happy Motoring!

Absolutely. This microchip problem is not really helping here, but I do hope the production line gets back to normal soon, and let's satisfy the market demand as you said.
Given the demand, unless GM expands production capability, they are going to have a hard time meeting that demand, microchip problems or not. They are averaging (other than a couple blips), 174 to 184 units per day, which is almost exactly (if not slightly more) units per day than each of the C7 years of production. If the dream of supplying to Europe and Australia in substantial numbers is ever to be realized without robbing North America, they badly need a plant expansion.

Given the demand, unless GM expands production capability, they are going to have a hard time meeting that demand, microchip problems or not. They are averaging (other than a couple blips), 174 to 184 units per day, which is almost exactly (if not slightly more) units per day than each of the C7 years of production. If the dream of supplying to Europe and Australia in substantial numbers is ever to be realized without robbing North America, they badly need a plant expansion.
Hopefully GM can expand, however, without parts, and all the big three are suffering the same lack of parts and chips. Expanding the plant may not provide the relief you seek…Happy Motoring!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.