I had mine on the ferry from NS to NL and I have to say the crew were awesome, that trip. Put me in a spot with fewer cars and people around and kept other vehicles nearby to a minimum. Granted I had to walk further to the elevator and waited longer to get off.

They even put a clean tarp under the chain they threw over to strap the car down for the crossing.

👆🏻
“People” are shipping vehicles out of the country in containers all the time … so it’s speculated … 😇
🤔 … maybe someone on here has “connections” … 😉

But ya … got an H1 that I might be shipping one day too … it might make for a great general discussion thread if ever happening 🙂👍🏻
Problem is a lot of the ones they are shipping aren’t theirs, lol .

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
I had mine on the ferry from NS to NL and I have to say the crew were awesome, that trip. Put me in a spot with fewer cars and people around and kept other vehicles nearby to a minimum. Granted I had to walk further to the elevator and waited longer to get off.

They even put a clean tarp under the chain they threw over to strap the car down for the crossing.
Chain? Nope, not now, not ever.

Not sure I would let them chain over the paint even with a tarp. Maybe leave the windows open and run a chain across the doors. Have to be careful cinching the boomers though... ;)

All kidding aside, ferries are very stable, especially when the sea is calm. When it's not, I would chose to stay ashore.... :Ack2:

ferry.png

All kidding aside, ferries are very stable, especially when the sea is calm. When it's not, I would chose to stay ashore.... :Ack2:

View attachment 116499
It is fun to yank people's chains :angelic: sometimes but you are very correct @Rruuff Day, there is no concerns using the ferries. The crews on the ferries are great people and take pride in their work and customer service, which sadly, a lot of the general travelling public forget. The ferries between NS and NL, although showing their age now, are very stable. I haven't had a rough crossing in a long, long time. These days, if there is any concern with rough weather, the ferries stay tied up. It is not for the sake of the vessels as they can handle anything out on the water. It is concern for the passengers and vehicles onboard. The only thing that gets strapped down now are motorcycles. They will provide the straps, and sometimes assist, but it is up to the owner to do it right. Even the drop off trailers are left as they are without being strapped down. Haven't seen one move yet.

I wouldn't hesitate to bring my C6 onboard one of these ferries and hope to do it again, sooner rather than later.

I fulfilled 1 bucket list item that I did with a former car I owned. In Dec. of 2015 I trailered my 2013 GT500 down to Daytona beach to run the Rolex course at Daytona International Speedway. The Audi club of America every year in December rents the track for a weekend of doing that course so it was something that I wanted to do and was able to plan it out without much drama.

Had to rent a truck and trailer from Bristol and keeping an eye on weather and all that but Dec. of that year luckily was actually quite mild even during the drive there and back so really lucked out. That winter I was also in the middle of doing HCI on my 09 Z06 so that car was partially apart in my garage while the heads were sent out months before to AHP and they were to do their package 4 head setup and then ship them to the hotel I was staying in Florida while doing the weekend with the Shelby. Also picked up supporting parts for the Z again shipped to the hotel and was coming back with my Shelby intact + Corvette parts galore.

To support the track event I also had to bring all my supporting stuff for the Mustang, extra set of wheels/tires, jack/jackstands, fluids, brake parts, tools etc etc. It was quite an undertaking but cool to fulfill it and the money spent to do it was $$$$$$$$$$.

So what is your bucket list item you want to do with your car? I have another one now with the ZR1 but I'll put it on here in a little while.

Tony
I want to drive from one coast to the other, taking plenty of time to see this great country and the people. An after retirement plan I want to achieve before I can’t drive anymore

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.