Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Rare Indy Pace Car, one of a kind coming to a Kijiji ad near you.

GM Exec driving apparently.

pacecar_2-400x267.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Well that explains it... The driver is a Mechanical engineer.... Damn. GM should have let a Civil do the driving... :rofl:

1528070580319.png

Mark Reuss
Executive Vice President, Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain General Motors Company
Mark L. Reuss leads the design, engineering, safety, quality, research and development, advanced vehicle technology and program management of General Motors cars, trucks and crossovers around the world. Reuss is a mechanical engineer who began his GM career as a student intern in 1983. He has held numerous engineering and management positions, including chief engineer of GM’s large luxury vehicles and manufacturing body shop tooling launches.

Been trusted to test drive both Showroom Corvettes before owning them
and one other Factory Corvette that was known I wouldn't be owning up front ....
Headline tomorrow will be ...
"Top Executives at GM have determined that there will be
no more test-driving of Corvettes by their valued Customers"
... and now we know why ...

COS lesson here ... it's a pace lap ... Do you know why they have them
and why corners need respecting??? Every one of us should know why
we make our first corners the way we do ..... or risk this result.
I might phone a good friend in Pahrump and ask if he has a new video
to use for the COS :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
You got trumped by 4 1/2 hours Baron... Nik beat you to it....lol...

ZR1 Pace Car crashes at IndyCar Detroit
Yeah I saw that after I posted the video.
Seeing it was a ZR1 I checked out that file first and as it was not there I posted it.
Feel sorry for Mark Reuss scraping it up a bit. He is a certified race driver. Guess he did not have enough seat time getting acquainted with the ZR1's engine and power.
What the hell are ordinary drivers going to do. Will be interesting to see if many get scraped this year. A sad thought.

" Reuss is far from an inexperienced pace car driver. In fact, he has driven the pace car on the streets of Belle Isle on multiple occasions. According to an IndyCar official, he has been trained and attained certification to drive high-performance cars such as the Corvette ZR1.
Sunday's race runner-up and Verizon IndyCar Series championship leader Will Power said the turn that fooled Reuss is particularly tricky, and that an accident like that could have happened to almost anyone.
"I felt really bad for whoever was in the pace car," Power said after finishing second to Ryan Hunter-Reay. "It's very easy to do as you go over that crest, and the traction control must have been turned off. So yeah, I felt — it wasn't really his fault. It's just such a bad corner. Like it's very easy to do."

... and now for a Member Public Service Announcement ...

Hear-Ye-Hear-Ye.jpg

for those who have purchased and Brand New Corvette since June of 2017
(within 1 year of delivery/ownership)

149237508_Town-Crier-Tony-Appleton-467.jpg 1bbf4b_0e2a5966b60a40a89d5e92591efabe51.jpg_srz_3733_2949_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpg

you can take advantage of Good Fortune
as spots remain open and You Get More :thumbs:
Details are fresh from an email below
less than 24 hours of "the Detroit Event"

So YOU don't need to be driving on Your Streets like an
Auto Manufacturer Big Wheel Executive on a Pace Lap ...
:bathitshead:
... and go ahead and tell them I sent you ...

34367465_10155802627753732_4325301954226946048_n.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread