Hey ICBC. Welcome to the forum. Lots of great people and knowledge here to make you feel right at home. How about posting some pics of your ride to share with us.

Eric

Im not actually sure. It has the pilot cup tires but the ZR1 registry didnt show it on the window sticker it generates. It runs at about 2500 RPM at 120 kmph in 6th. Its up on the hoist under a cover right now but I may go check the rpo as I want to see who built the engine. I really wouldnt mind if it has the taller 5th and 6th . Ive only driven it about 2 hours so far but I can see with power upgrades the gearing is going to be good plenty tight.

2500rpm at 120k/h you do have performance package, you have the same transmission as the 2009 to 2011 car. I have the smaller spoiler, pilot sport tires and at 120k/h the engine is about 1650rpm. My friend had a 2009 and my 5th gear was about the same as his 6th. By the way, in your first post I am sure you wanted to say 2012 not 2002
What are you planning as power upgrade?

Yeah I buggered that is a 2012

I would like to port the heads and blower and install a mild cam along with some cooling upgrades and bolt ons. Every car seems to have a sweet spot where you can make a certain number without turning it into a parts vacuum. I need to find just that sweet spot on the Z. 700 rwhp max I think.I dont want to add any weight with cooling tanks and crap out back. Simple lean and quick.

I have to find the way to put the pictures into the gallery. I didn't touch the engine yet, still cover by GM. Most upgrades are aesthetic. Complet interior kit from corvette nuts to lower noise and heat + a layer of B Quiet ultimat soun deadening, Casper electronic cooling fan control to overide the signal from pcm, mgw shifter with lower box, after market front splitter, 1 inch widder side skirt with rear mud flap and carbon fiber rear race diffuser. mild to wild switch (remote control), dashlogic, curb alert, loyds ultimat floor mats and cargo mat, trunk partition, heel-to-toe gas and dead pedal set matching the brake and clutch, elite engineering tunnel plate + 1 additional layer of insulation from Bear racing, magnetic battery charger connection, also had a second OBD2 connection in the center console to connect my dashlogic, sprint booster, 3M clear coating on many parts of the car and just did a ceramic coating all over the car. I probably forget a few minor things but this is most of them. Comming soon, I have a pair of Carravagio Daytona seat, matching the color and fabric of the centenial edition with Carbon fiber shell (winter projet), already bought a set of modified bricks for the superchager (not install yet). For my wish list, headers, LPE710 kit, cooling mods (D3 performance kit would be nice if canadian money get better) and a good tune (already have a spare pcm and a efi hand held programer), remote clutch bleeder, tinted eagle led tail lights, color match led side marker and radio head unit with rear and front camera and D shape steering wheel. When all done, I think it will be ok :)

I am in my biggest period of the year, when it will be over, I will post picture :Cheers2:

Thats going to be sick ! I cant wait to see the seats !

I was poking around under this thing when I got it and noticed the tunnel brace was pretty thick aluminum. On my C5 it was stamped steel but this is maybe 1/8 or fatter aluminum. What did your stock tunnel piece look like ? What company did you go with for the bricks and tinted eagle eyes ? Also why the spare PCM ?

Spare PCM is great advice for anyone tuning their vehicle seriously i.e. repeatedly. Few benefits include 1) go back to stock programming without trace - the flash counter is stock to GM will never know the car has been reprogrammed in case of warranty issues 2) if you brick the PCM you have a backup (yes they can get bricked). It's cheap insurance as they only cost between $100-$250 plus programming.

I have to find the way to put the pictures into the gallery. I didn't touch the engine yet, still cover by GM. Most upgrades are aesthetic. Complet interior kit from corvette nuts to lower noise and heat + a layer of B Quiet ultimat soun deadening, Casper electronic cooling fan control to overide the signal from pcm, mgw shifter with lower box, after market front splitter, 1 inch widder side skirt with rear mud flap and carbon fiber rear race diffuser. mild to wild switch (remote control), dashlogic, curb alert, loyds ultimat floor mats and cargo mat, trunk partition, heel-to-toe gas and dead pedal set matching the brake and clutch, elite engineering tunnel plate + 1 additional layer of insulation from Bear racing, magnetic battery charger connection, also had a second OBD2 connection in the center console to connect my dashlogic, sprint booster, 3M clear coating on many parts of the car and just did a ceramic coating all over the car. I probably forget a few minor things but this is most of them. Comming soon, I have a pair of Carravagio Daytona seat, matching the color and fabric of the centenial edition with Carbon fiber shell (winter projet), already bought a set of modified bricks for the superchager (not install yet). For my wish list, headers, LPE710 kit, cooling mods (D3 performance kit would be nice if canadian money get better) and a good tune (already have a spare pcm and a efi hand held programer), remote clutch bleeder, tinted eagle led tail lights, color match led side marker and radio head unit with rear and front camera and D shape steering wheel. When all done, I think it will be ok :)

I am in my biggest period of the year, when it will be over, I will post picture :Cheers2:

Caravaggio Daytonas... lucky you, wanted a set but never did get them.

Yes, winter tire season in QC must keep you busy!

Brian

Hi ICBC. OEM tunnel plate is also a thin stamped steel, I replaced it trying to eliminate heat soak in the center console. The spare pcm was exactly for what Nik said. I got it with the hand held programer for a very good price so I took it to save the stock programing and be abble to put it back stock anytime. All modification on the car where done without drilling any hole, cutting or splycing wires. Everything is reversible execpt for the layer of B-quiet ultimate, The brick are OEM part sent to D3 performance for additional plate welded on for protection. I will probably buy the led tail light during black friday sale. Eagle eye are the one I will buy, I will give them a light tint, side markers are available from Oracle, a bit pricy but so nice.

Hi Brian, I hope my wife will like them to, If she doesn't, I will have real nice seat for sale. Mother nature keept the nice weather until last weekend so tire season started about 3 weeks later, we will be working like crazy to make sure everyone get them install before December 15. I probably smell rubber when I am back home. Also have to put tires on all the police cars I take care of. BTW My Dynaplug kit was well worth the monney, not on my cars but on another fisherman's truck who had a nail but could not get is spare tire (rusted mecanism), we where about 10hrs north of Montreal and far from any kind of help. This thing can realy get you out of trouble

Good evening everyone, I am going to bed, I am busted and working tomorrow. :dead:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.