Terry....I know exactly what you are going through.....my mother at the age of 64 had a severe stroke (doctors graded 9/10) which she almost didn't pull through. She has some defecits on the right side of her body (no use of arm/shoulder) and limited use of her left leg. However, she is alive, and won't be the mother I had four years ago....but she has her faculties and sense of humor. We have her living in a beautiful assisted care living facility in Kingston Ontario and are arranging to get her out to Saskatchewan to see her grandkids again this summer. A shitty deck of cards to be dealt....but we are playing the hand. I have a wonderful book that I would like to send to you if you send me a pm.....it's about a Ph.D lady who went through a life altering stroke and wrote a story about her experience.

Keep your head high.....Adam

How/where do I find members email addresses on this site so I can respond to them?
Thx.
Terry

Terry if someone sent you an email off the site do you just not click on the reply button on that message? Maybe it has changed but I think the reply tab was just under the message itself.

I think they are called "conversations" now. If you are trying to contact Colin you can start a new conversation by using his site name and send him a PM directly. Hope I am not giving you bad information but I think that is how this system works.

Good luck.

Last edited:
How/where do I find members email addresses on this site so I can respond to them?
Thx.
Terry
No email needed Terry -- It's just private messaging which you answer in the box below the message.

To start a new conversation (private messaging) just click on the member's avatar to find a box with "start a conversation".

There is also an envelope symbol next to the member's screen name (left side) that can be used to start a new conversation.

Last edited:
just read this for the 1st time Terry, so sorry to hear of your wife's setback, hope she makes a full recovery and you both can get back to a great retirement ... keep good thoughts my friend ... Rob

Thx. Rob and also to everyone else who has passed along their well wishes. I am confident that with time, she will make a full recovery and things will return to normal for her.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.