Regular
Dec 26, 2012
St. Albert, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2023 HTC
Province
AB
I have the Stingray and get very good mileage on the highway with 28mpg (us) not being out of the question. Thinking about upgrading to a ZO6, but with consideration to mpg. I do realize that HP = GAS.
What kind of mpg should be expected in a ZO6 with good driving habbits?

I got 31.2 mpg ( u.s.) on a 6700 mile trip to Bowling Green in my 15 Stingray convert.

The best I have got on my GS convert is 28 mpg.

On that trip we travelled with a ZO6 coupe and he got 24 mpg.

Seems that the wider tires, brake ducts and aero stuff costs in gas mileage.

I have the Stingray and get very good mileage on the highway with 28mpg (us) not being out of the question. Thinking about upgrading to a ZO6, but with consideration to mpg. I do realize that HP = GAS.
What kind of mpg should be expected in a ZO6 with good driving habbits?
Look no further than @SN-III and myself’s ltrs/per 100 km Dennis. This was from Calgary to Radium,,,,Radium to Lake Louise and back to Calgary. This was a tank of chevron 94 octane. My tank wasn’t quite full either so I’m guessing I would’ve had a little more than the 1/8 showing. 3 years ago,I made it to Kamloops on a full tank. We only stopped twice the whole way.

37F030F6-4FE4-4446-9FD8-28D179F8F5C0.jpeg

58C6C314-8415-47B4-91E7-50AF4797D53C.jpeg
E3B48767-0695-4802-A6B5-C4C0B10265CF.png

Last edited:
My best tank ever was 7.8L/100km on a trip from Kingston, ON to Carlisle, PA.

My average is about 12L/100km
I don't bother recording local everyday runs because you are running in to traffic and more stops and idling.
As my Odo for Bowling Green indicated 8.1L per 100k
Last year for the run to MITM 8.0L per 100K

All those rinky dinks who say we have gas guzzlers don't know what they are talking about.

I don't bother recording local everyday runs because you are running in to traffic and more stops and idling.

All those rinky dinks who say we have gas guzzlers don't know what they are talking about.

Yeah. My local running about also includes some pretty hard launches once the engine has warmed up. ;)

Ditto Richard... MITM run I was 8.1 average for the 1400km going east and 8.7 coming back west. In all fairness, I fought a nasty headwind from Winnipeg to Kindersley too. 8.2 average to Van. and back this summer... And by the way, my driving is a combination of 15 to 20 over with occasional measured bursts that leave finger dents in the chicken grips...... Both my C6 and now the C7 fuel mileage amazes me and everyone I talk to... :angelic:

Ditto Richard... MITM run I was 8.1 average for the 1400km going east and 8.7 coming back west. In all fairness, I fought a nasty headwind from Winnipeg to Kindersley too. 8.2 average to Van. and back this summer... And by the way, my driving is a combination of 15 to 20 over with occasional measured bursts that leave finger dents in the chicken grips...... Both my C6 and now the C7 fuel mileage amazes me and everyone I talk to... :angelic:
Yeah. a lot of people don't believe me either when I tell them the avg L per 100K
Trip to MITM was 5000K there and back for me a lot of it being in 90K zones away from major centres. It was the rare time that I was doing 90. Managed 170 passing a couple of times and if things looked OK then 140 was quite nice to cruise.

Our trip to Bowling Green and home averaged 8.2 liter/100. This was a 10,000 km trip, so very respectable.
Just curious as to difference in mpg from Z51 vs Z06
I don't think it would be a huge difference. Most of us are getting very respectable mileage (Spence) on some short hauls and overall, very good in all ways.
20190912_125130.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.