Just spoke with a Corvette team manager in Michigan. They confirmed our cars will not be held due to the tires, thanks to improvements from Michelin.

Unfortunately, we’re still receiving shipment by rail, so we can still expect a lengthy delivery process.

View attachment 36196View attachment 36197View attachment 36198

He says they're good for -15 degrees. Since he's American, I'm assuming that's Fahrenheit, which is -26C. That's great news! Good enough for most of Canada. Not for those of you in Alberta. :p

I'll still believe it when I see it.

Reactions: OttawaKev
You guys are a tough crowd to please...

I always have the stance of, unless it's in a written statement from GM or is actually physically happening, I take it with a grain of salt. Too often has someone, anyone, said something that ended up not being true.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

I would like to announce that, at this moment, there is no official document from GM, that I can find, regarding the 2020 Corvette's tires and their susceptibility to cracking. I just spend some time digging and had my managers and our service managers digging to see if they could find anything and came up with nothing.

I always have the stance of, unless it's in a written statement from GM or is actually physically happening, I take it with a grain of salt. Too often has someone, anyone, said something that ended up not being true.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

Spoke with the shipping manager at Bowling Green this morning. He advises that storage in their yard is not a problem as the structural integrity of the C8 roof pillars allows them to store the cars on top of each other, effectively doubling the lot capacity.... And if anyone believes that.... well.... no hope for you left.... :rofl:

Spoke with the shipping manager at Bowling Green this morning. He advises that storage in their yard is not a problem as the structural integrity of the C8 roof pillars allows them to store the cars on top of each other, effectively doubling the lot capacity.... And if anyone believes that.... well.... no hope for you left.... :rofl:
I'm not sure if I should believe the CORVETTE CONCIERGE FROM DETROIT ON THIS But hey how would he know he is only the CORVETTE CONCIERGE.... CHECK OUT THE EMAIL ADDRESS and where he works!

photo

photo

Corvette Concierge <[email protected]>
To:kevinshields

Feb 14 at 11:18 AM

Hello Kevin,

We can confirm that the Z51 Performance Tires will not have an issue with cracking due to the cold weather up north. In regards to the 2020 Corvette Convertible, the Tonneau is one large panel with the nacelles.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply directly to this email as we are more than happy to help!

General Motors

Chevrolet Corvette Concierge

Global Connected Customer Experience

100 Renaissance Center | Detroit, MI 48265

E: [email protected]

cid:image001.png@01D5E26E.A3AE0B70

@Rruuff Day when are you guys going to delete Jake/Liz? Guy keeps posting ridiculous responses and then deletes them when he gets quoted, making the board look ridiculous.

He pulls the same crap on Corvette Forum with edits.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
@Rruuff Day when are you guys going to delete Jake/Liz? Guy keeps posting ridiculous responses and then deletes them when he gets quoted, making the board look ridiculous.

Totally agree Miracle Whips, I know he likes his C8 build but all he ever does is post a pic of his car and acts like a know it all. Funny how one member can make a forum seem like grade school. I would expect this on a Civic page not Corvette!
Hope @Rruuff Day get tired of this also

Reactions: Rocket Rob

Totally agree Miracle Whips, I know he likes his C8 build but all he ever does is post a pic of his car and acts like a know it all. Funny how one member can make a forum seem like grade school. I would expect this on a Civic page not Corvette!
Hope @Rruuff Day get tired of this also

Hey all, I was alerted to this thread recently.

I would encourage you to use the Report button on posts that you feel are detrimental to the CCF experience or infringing on our rules.

As to Edit Post abuse, this is noted. We will be looking at this and tightening it down for users who are openly misusing the feature very shortly so this will go away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.