Casual User
Jan 31, 2020
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
1980 C3, 2020 C8
Province
AB
Just spoke with a Corvette team manager in Michigan. They confirmed our cars will not be held due to the tires, thanks to improvements from Michelin.

Unfortunately, we’re still receiving shipment by rail, so we can still expect a lengthy delivery process.

E4B34B10-C4FC-4E57-A579-09CEFD461FAB.jpeg1AFC2076-7B24-4B47-BDEA-49AE1D36169A.jpegE5DA2DE6-C2E9-4075-80D6-1DD305B7424F.jpeg

Reactions: AxeZ06
Just spoke with a Corvette team manager in Michigan. They confirmed our cars will not be held due to the tires, thanks to improvements from Michelin.

Unfortunately, we’re still receiving shipment by rail, so we can still expect a lengthy delivery process.

View attachment 36196View attachment 36197View attachment 36198

Lots of people hope you're thread title is right TFen but my forecast on no deliveries before April deliveries hasn't changed.... Be nice for all if my guy is wrong....

One thing I noticed in the email exchange... the Z51 package tires are not 3 Season they are High Performance Summer Only Tires....any chance that they were only referring to the Non-Z51 Tires as they were described in the email exchange as the 3 Season tires?

Cheers,

Kevin
Read the last screenshot

Reactions: OttawaKev
I’m already here. Flying to Edmonton tonight though lol. My cousin will be talking to GM. He’s in the industry and will be at the preview tomorrow night.
Lets hope they have some more info in hand than the folks in Montreal did, they were pretty much just there to hand out pamphlets and look good. :) Maybe have some real informed GM Reps there.

I’m at the VIP event tomorrow between 10am - 12noon before it opens up to the public. I’ll see if I can get some info on shipping times and whatever else comes to mind.
If there is a convertible there could you get some close up pictures of the Nacelles? I am trying to see if there is a separation line between them and the rest of the rear as I am thinking it there is I would like to wrap it rather than have to order the Carbon Flash Nacelles and Roof.

Cheers,

Kevin

Reactions: Sparro and JoeyBats
Awesome. My cousin is a partner in a large auto group and will be getting some face time with GM execs during the VIP event tomorrow evening.

He’s not promising anything but he’ll see if anyone in the marketing team can get the cars here earlier.

Awesome. My cousin is a partner in a large auto group and will be getting some face time with GM execs during the VIP event tomorrow evening.

He’s not promising anything but he’ll see if anyone in the marketing team can get the cars here earlier.
I just got this reply from GM USA

Corvette Concierge <[email protected]>
To:kevinshields

Feb 14 at 11:18 AM

Hello Kevin,

We can confirm that the Z51 Performance Tires will not have an issue with cracking due to the cold weather up north. In regards to the 2020 Corvette Convertible, the Tonneau is one large panel with the nacelles.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply directly to this email as we are more than happy to help!

Reactions: NOSOUPFORU
D98BBAAF-6919-4E12-8BD1-93B325B2655E.jpeg

D98BBAAF-6919-4E12-8BD1-93B325B2655E.jpeg

This was my desperate attempt to get our #90 car here a little early. I doubt anything will come of it but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

I just got this reply from GM USA

Corvette Concierge <[email protected]>
To:kevinshields

Feb 14 at 11:18 AM

Hello Kevin,

We can confirm that the Z51 Performance Tires will not have an issue with cracking due to the cold weather up north. In regards to the 2020 Corvette Convertible, the Tonneau is one large panel with the nacelles.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply directly to this email as we are more than happy to help!

This is very interesting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.