Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction is coming true...

I saw a McLaren at my local Chev dealer. Its owner walked out with me standing near and admiring his car. I pointed to my 2023 Stingray and jokingly asked if he wanted to trade vehicles. He said my car was lacking the 3 things he was looking for: "Z-0-6".

GM's "made for Canada" 2024 price increase, on top of the already unexpectedly high initial price set for the Z06, has pushed this car out of reach of most Corvette buyers and into the hands of exotic car owners who have money to burn. The E-Ray is the same, having followed the same pattern of a high initial price and then a ++ high Canadian price increase. The ZR1 and Zora will be worse, especially for Canadians. I suspect the C9 generation will follow this same trend. Well done GM!

i put in the short shifter, u gotta get one if u dont have.

Attachments

• DGMY9505.JPG
    DGMY9505.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: black2010gs
Yeah, I cancelled because of the price as well. Would have cost 100k extra to upgrade from my 19 C7Z 3LZ Z07 to the same spec C8Z. Hard pass.
I am thinking that a lot of people who are on dealers lists will stay there until they get the call. When it comes time to put their money down I think a good percentage will drop. I might be one of them. I am on the list at two dealers (not on this site though) and I am not sure what I am going to do when my number comes up. The price is going to continue to increase from year to year so who knows what ridiculous price it will be when/if my number comes up. I am starting to think that I might be better off concentrating on other interests.

Reactions: 61ratvette
I am thinking that a lot of people who are on dealers lists will stay there until they get the call. When it comes time to put their money down I think a good percentage will drop. I might be one of them. I am on the list at two dealers (not on this site though) and I am not sure what I am going to do when my number comes up. The price is going to continue to increase from year to year so who knows what ridiculous price it will be when/if my number comes up. I am starting to think that I might be better off concentrating on other interests.

I'm like you Steve. I'm now #1 on my dealer Z06 list, after a 3-year wait. It's frustrating since I should have had a (now) lower priced 2023 Z06 by now, had that list been honoured. My spouse is ++++++ unhappy, even with a ++++ toned down 2024 Z06 (reduced options so reduced price), so I've not yet made the call on whether I'll pull the trigger if and when I finally get an allocation. Fortunately, my "escape hatch" was put in place well over a year ago, when I plunked down a $2,500.00 deposit for the new Lotus Emira (stick shift model). The reliability of Lotus-made cars has ++ improved with them having adopted and modified "tried and true" engines from other vehicle manufacturers (Toyota and Mercedes). If anyone is looking for a fabulous looking mid-engine sports car and one that will be less common than the C8 body-shape and should cost less than a nicely optioned out C8 Stingray (especially with these 2024 Canadian prices), I'd recommend checking out the Lotus Emira. The downside is that Lotus has had more than its share of delays: the Emira is being released in Europe, has dealer test vehicles in the States (no actual US deliveries yet) however Canada has yet to receive the promised dealer test vehicles. It's too bad that GM has forced its Canadian fan base, to look at other vehicle options, which (for me) started when GM announced the Canadian C8 allocations had been cut by about half (giving our allocations to Europe, Japan and Australia, while maintaining the US allocation ratio), only to then be hit by these most recent 2024 ridiculous Canadian (only) price increases (sigh).

I'm like you Steve. I'm now #1 on my dealer Z06 list, after a 3-year wait. It's frustrating since I should have had a (now) lower priced 2023 Z06 by now, had that list been honoured. My spouse is ++++++ unhappy, even with a ++++ toned down 2024 Z06 (reduced options so reduced price), so I've not yet made the call on whether I'll pull the trigger if and when I finally get an allocation. Fortunately, my "escape hatch" was put in place well over a year ago, when I plunked down a $2,500.00 deposit for the new Lotus Emira (stick shift model). The reliability of Lotus-made cars has ++ improved with them having adopted and modified "tried and true" engines from other vehicle manufacturers (Toyota and Mercedes). If anyone is looking for a fabulous looking mid-engine sports car and one that will be less common than the C8 body-shape and should cost less than a nicely optioned out C8 Stingray (especially with these 2024 Canadian prices), I'd recommend checking out the Lotus Emira. The downside is that Lotus has had more than its share of delays: the Emira is being released in Europe, has dealer test vehicles in the States (no actual US deliveries yet) however Canada has yet to receive the promised dealer test vehicles. It's too bad that GM has forced its Canadian fan base, to look at other vehicle options, which (for me) started when GM announced the Canadian C8 allocations had been cut by about half (giving our allocations to Europe, Japan and Australia, while maintaining the US allocation ratio), only to then be hit by these most recent 2024 ridiculous Canadian (only) price increases (sigh).
I like the Lotus as well but I need a V8 for some stupid reason. My brother has the Elise and it's pretty cool but I can't get past the four cylinder engine. He likes it for other obvious reasons though which is perfectly valid. Similar to you, when I told my wife what the 2024 Z06 out the door price was going to be with all the insane taxes, she didn't like it one bit. I don't blame her. It has certainly turned me off of considering a GM product as my daily driver because I am so annoyed with them.

Reactions: 61ratvette
I like the Lotus as well but I need a V8 for some stupid reason. My brother has the Elise and it's pretty cool but I can't get past the four cylinder engine. He likes it for other obvious reasons though which is perfectly valid. Similar to you, when I told my wife what the 2024 Z06 out the door price was going to be with all the insane taxes, she didn't like it one bit. I don't blame her. It has certainly turned me off of considering a GM product as my daily driver because I am so annoyed with them.
The Emira comes in either V6 (supercharged Toyota 400 HP, with or without stick) or the V4 (turbocharged Mercedes AMG engine, only automatic transmission), but yes: neither with a V8 and I doubt Lotus will ever come out with a V8. And to be fair, the other downside compared to any GM product is the lack of ready access to a Lotus dealer for warranty or other work, depending upon where you live (and parts availability). But then you have: the Emira looks, the stick, the famous Lotus track handling, its lighter weight...so some food for thought, since it's got the same superior handling you get with a mid-engine design/weight distribution.

yea im going to tell the mrs. away with your new yukon honey . lets see how this turns out.. i like my f250's personally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread