Sep 27, 2019
VetteCoins
Province
ON
@Rruuff Day @RockyPM

As started in the other thread (In Dash Audio and Navigation), I'm in the process of putting in an NPP exhaust which came from a Z06 into my 2013 Base.

I've talked to Race Ready Garage, and they said that they have done it many times. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is the valve controls. I realize that the stock system uses vacuum from the engine. I've also come across the "NPP In a Box" controller, since the base car won't have the valve control built in.

However, all things considered, it seems a bit overkill to run vacuum lines all the way from the engine and then install a $200 US (plus shipping!) box to actuate two small valves. I've been considering going an electric/electronic route, specifically using a servo. I have some waterproof, high torque servos which I think would easily be able to control these valves if I remove the pnematic actuator (looks like the spring is in the actuator, not the butterfly valve). My only concern is: how much heat is back there? The servos are made of ABS plastic, so I'm wondering if mounting them directly onto the butterfly valve would be a terrible idea?

@Rruuff Day @RockyPM

As started in the other thread (In Dash Audio and Navigation), I'm in the process of putting in an NPP exhaust which came from a Z06 into my 2013 Base.

I've talked to Race Ready Garage, and they said that they have done it many times. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is the valve controls. I realize that the stock system uses vacuum from the engine. I've also come across the "NPP In a Box" controller, since the base car won't have the valve control built in.

However, all things considered, it seems a bit overkill to run vacuum lines all the way from the engine and then install a $200 US (plus shipping!) box to actuate two small valves. I've been considering going an electric/electronic route, specifically using a servo. I have some waterproof, high torque servos which I think would easily be able to control these valves if I remove the pnematic actuator (looks like the spring is in the actuator, not the butterfly valve). My only concern is: how much heat is back there? The servos are made of ABS plastic, so I'm wondering if mounting them directly onto the butterfly valve would be a terrible idea?

Ok.... This has gone over my experience as I installed Corsas on mine and was aware of the pipe sizes. No valves.
I would also hesitate to mount ABS plastic servos directly on the pipes but what do I know. Maybe @RockyPM can chime in here with his direct installation expertise.

I ran the small vacuum line from the back of motor, inside the torque tunnel to the back and inside the storage box. Then one line out to mufflers. Power is wired in from the fuse box. I them programmed the on/off buttons to my Homelink. Pretty easy stuff.

Not sure about ABS against or close to the mufflers. Maybe run the car then use an infrared thermometer to check temps where you want to place the units. Your way out of my league when it comes to building your own, Good Luck!

I installed Z06 exhaust on my C6-2009 (custom made H-Pipe) only because i could and got a good deal. Reality is that it does give you slightly more power and sound with the traps open but if your looking for amazing sound don't install them.
Excel is decent very low deep tone, at idil also nice sound. Some drone but thats what the PNP is for.

to do it again i would definitely upgrade to aftermarket.

Hope this helps if you haven’t done it yet.

@ncnmra I like the servo idea as electricity is easier to run than vacuum lines, but would also be concerned about the heat. If you already have them, I like @RockyPM 's idea of checking them with a thermometer. Servos are used on exhaust systems of a number of other cars including the C7 so the trick might be to source one used on exhaust that can handle the heat. While the exhaust with valves open isn't loud compared to Billy Boat Bullets, it's still no as quiet as closed to appreciate the merits of wanting the stealth, the NPP full open can drone so nice to be able to close it if you get in the drone zone.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.