C7Driver

May 7, 2014
London
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7
Worth picking up the Oct Car & Driver mag , the Z06 takes on the supercars and a host of others on the road track at Virginia International Raceway (road track). Title of the article is " Giant Slayer ! Corvette Z06 Kills Supercars Dead" Beat 'em all with fastest lap time. Great article !

The Z06 slayed the McLaren 650 S, the Lamborghini Huracan, the Porsche GT3, and the Mercedes AMG at Virginia International Raceway, in Car and Driver's annual "Lightning Lap" competition.

Here are the Lightning Lap stats thanks to Car and Driver.

Z06 = 2:44.6 ($100,245)

MacLaren 650 S = 2:45.8 ($353,115)

Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 = 2:47.5 ($274,720)

Porsche GT3 = 2:50.4 $(162,010)

Mercedes AMG = 2:51.0 ($171,900)

47914766d1441830248-just-wow-car-and-driver-october-mag-cover-scan0001.jpg

Last edited:
It is actually an excellent article and remarkable to see the Z06 charted side by side with the McLaren. The ehsuing graph lines are almost identical and explanation is shown where they deviate during the laps.

Read the article over the weekend. It was actually pretty interesting to read about all the different cars and how they worked at the track.
As for the Lambo, McLaren, and Corvette. It was good to wee where each had their strengths and weaknesses.

Les, have you been able to hit 1.2G in that bad boy in a turn yet? I could no imagine how crazy that would feel!

When I was a Spring Mountain, in my last session I thought I took a few fast corners. After loading data from the PDR file into the Cosworth Tool Box it told me I hit 1.28G in one corner, and on every lap I had one corner was at least 1.16G on every lap. It is amazing to feel how this car hangs on!

Reactions: MRACER
That is pretty awesome. Through the mountains this summer, I was trying to get a rough idea of what her was pulling in the corners to see if we were anywhere near it's limit. I never got a good reading as the apps sucked that I was trying to download between dead zones but I would have to say we didn't even come close. I would also like to say that the mountains are also not a place where I would like to test the limits. :Wideyed:

Mike, I am curious about your Spring Mountain Adventure. Keith Tedford mentioned in another thread about "seat of the pants" tuning and how it may not have been any faster but felt like it. The g forces that you obtained are pretty incredible, it was not that long ago that a good race car would struggle to achieve those numbers.

So with that in mind could you tell in the "seat of the pants" that you had just run a quicker lap than you perviously managed? Just wonder as you gained experience and ran smoother laps if it felt faster?

I've got to tell you I am impressed at your results. Must have been a thrill. Well done.:thumbs:

Tell us more.

Mike, I am curious about your Spring Mountain Adventure. Keith Tedford mentioned in another thread about "seat of the pants" tuning and how it may not have been any faster but felt like it. The g forces that you obtained are pretty incredible, it was not that long ago that a good race car would struggle to achieve those numbers.

So with that in mind could you tell in the "seat of the pants" that you had just run a quicker lap than you perviously managed? Just wonder as you gained experience and ran smoother laps if it felt faster?

I've got to tell you I am impressed at your results. Must have been a thrill. Well done.:thumbs:

Tell us more.

Yes I was surprised by the numbers in the data. On most laps in corners 4, 5, 6 & 11 the car was pulling over 1G, you could tell though few ties you were at the edge of adhesion and the tires would be chirping as they slightly broke loose. Watching the video you truly don't get a good sense of the lateral shift and the speed as it felt when driving.

Here is a shot of the summary data you can get from the Cosworth Tool Box
stats_summarry_20150520_5-png.3199

Here is the video of the last session:

I was in the top tier group, instructor was driving a ZR1, 2 students were driving Z06's which were impossible to keep up with on the straight, myself and another Canadian were driving Z51's mine did not have MRC so it was the same as my car. It was a blast!

Reactions: MRACER
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.