An extremely nice and comprehensive reply from Steve at Davenport this morning. Looks like it could be in the 5K range to cam the car. Steve has also warned me that there could be some concern with the current valve springs (while they were replaced that they may just have been stock spec replacement) and that I may be at the limit of the mostly stock fuel pump system. Otherwise he didn't seem to think there would be any issues with the past work and adding to it.

More surprising is that Steve knows of this particular build - "I am somewhat familiar with your build, that would probably have been Manny Dasilva, we used to do business together until he shut down his affairs with Dasilva Motorsports."

Now how cool is that?

So next baby step - beat cancer!

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning Jeff,

I'm not sure why I find parts of your post so cryptic!

To be sure one of the focus's of my life is to spend as much time with my son as possible. Outside of when I have mandatory farming activities and more recently am returning from Edmonton for treatment I make sure to spend every moment with him. Going on all field trips, lunch at the school when parents are invited and even though he is Grade 7 I still wait for him outside his locker as school is ending so I can walk home with him. Any and every second I take. I even dropped the price for the flight 2nd last treatment to Edmonton as it would get me home 1 3/4 hours sooner than driving would.

Depending on cost and when the snow melts I might be able to pursue cam'ing the car before seeding otherwise it will have to wait until after seeding is over. As my son is gone for a two week block when he mom goes camping after school gets out it might as late as the first two weeks of July.

3rd treatment applied last night, always so hard to tell if anything is happening as I need a longer window between views to be able to tell but as I see my arm several times a day when I moisturize it it makes it tough to see any changes.......

I know what you mean about health issues though and how hard it is to be positive. There are moments in the mornings especially when I am in my office that I find myself tearing up at the thought of not being able to see my son grow up, to graduate from high school, have children of his own etc. Things most people probably take for granted and never give a second thought to.

Oddly I have experiences that give me hope. Months ago I had a dream that I was dancing at my son's high school graduation so who knows!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

Stay strong, stay the course. My family has been touched by cancer several times. Positive thinking will get you through this, cherish the time with your loved ones and enjoy all that you can. I'm sure your car will be amazing once that work is completed.

I should add to this with more clarity.

Steve does not know if the current fuel system will allow for further boosts in power given that I am running abou t65% over stock engine power already. Steve will not know until the car gets cam'ed and is run on the dyno. It is possible I may drop 5K and not end up with any more power than I currently have. The fuel pump upgrade according to Steve is "expensive".

It is possible I could end up only achieving a car that sounds nicer than it does right now but with no more power than it currently has.

Thus..............

Is the invest/benefit/risk worth it???????????

I appreciate Steve helping walk me through this so my eyes are wide open!

Any thoughts??????????

Cheers,

Garry

Reactions: ddgermann
I should add to this with more clarity.

Steve does not know if the current fuel system will allow for further boosts in power given that I am running abou t65% over stock engine power already. Steve will not know until the car gets cam'ed and is run on the dyno. It is possible I may drop 5K and not end up with any more power than I currently have. The fuel pump upgrade according to Steve is "expensive".

It is possible I could end up only achieving a car that sounds nicer than it does right now but with no more power than it currently has.

Thus..............

Is the invest/benefit/risk worth it???????????

I appreciate Steve helping walk me through this so my eyes are wide open!

Any thoughts??????????

Cheers,

Garry

Pretty good guy to give you the actual story Garry.
Look at all the vids on power upgrades. Almost all the good ones mentioned the fuel pump and delivery system upgrades as there is just not enough capacity in the stock systems in the 800 HP range you are in.
Then consider the new ZR1 with the dual fuel delivery system to feed the upgraded LT4 (LT5)
as the LT4 system could not deliver enough fuel across the power curve.

Good evening gentlemen,

I already have the Boost-a-Pump and Steve is aware of this................the injectors have been increased over stock as well. I mean 54 rwhp may not be all that much to try to gain but if I am at the hairy end of the current build for fuel delivery it would just be a disappointment to not know that before possibly having more work done to the car.

A pity I couldn't ask Manny for his opinion!!

Still a few months yet to go before having to decide if I can or not...............

I was very pleased with the initial correspondence with Steve and would be disappointed if I could not follow through on having the work done. I wish I could drop by to see the shop but 8 hours is a bit of a drive!

Cheers,

Garry

Reactions: ddgermann
Good evening gentlemen,

I already have the Boost-a-Pump and Steve is aware of this................the injectors have been increased over stock as well. I mean 54 rwhp may not be all that much to try to gain but if I am at the hairy end of the current build for fuel delivery it would just be a disappointment to not know that before possibly having more work done to the car.

A pity I couldn't ask Manny for his opinion!!

Still a few months yet to go before having to decide if I can or not...............

I was very pleased with the initial correspondence with Steve and would be disappointed if I could not follow through on having the work done. I wish I could drop by to see the shop but 8 hours is a bit of a drive!

Cheers,

Garry

Any updates on your mods Garry?

Yes but it ends up in a different thread. But a new camshaft, smaller SC pulley, re tuned and 75 more rwhp and torque! The car sounds just amazing, has the coolest shudder at idle and sounds AMAZING! Best $ spent in some time I'd have to admit. Not inexpensive to be sure but haven't had a regret since I brought the car home June 7th.

Davenport really looked after me well and I'd be back if I ever need more power and have the $ available.

Yes but it ends up in a different thread. But a new camshaft, smaller SC pulley, re tuned and 75 more rwhp and torque! The car sounds just amazing, has the coolest shudder at idle and sounds AMAZING! Best $ spent in some time I'd have to admit. Not inexpensive to be sure but haven't had a regret since I brought the car home June 7th.

Davenport really looked after me well and I'd be back if I ever need more power and have the $ available.
Awesome to hear!!!:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.