mani

I'm New Here
Jun 11, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
07 z06
engine has 20000km just bought. heard about heads issue so i want to upgrade mine also want to put cam can u guys lead me to someone thanks

engine has 20000km just bought. heard about heads issue so i want to upgrade mine also want to put cam can u guys lead me to someone thanks
Where are you mani? Ontario? If I'm guessing right, contact Dave at:

131 Sheldon Drive Unit #4 Cambridge Ontario. (226)-887-7103. [email protected]
Specializing in GM - LS and LT performance. www.racereadygarage.com

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
Would a car with only 19,000 km need heads redone already ?
Mixed messages out there - some say yes to do it asap, some say that it's not needed.
I'm not hard on the car and not planning to track it.
Suggestions ?

2006 through 2013 LS7 engine is reknown for valve guide wear problems. This has been a topic on the forum several times over the years. There'a a class action suit against GM in progress in the US but not sure how it's going. 19k is not a lot of miles but it would be my advice to fix it before you have a failure . Story goes that it can happen on low mileage cars too, whether you track them or not.

Reactions: Frank514
He seems to be da-guy!!! Waiting to hear from @theboss here in Montreal then will reach out to Dave.
Do you know how long it takes to do the work ? Days, week?

No idea Frank. Different opinions on pulling the valve covers off and doing a wiggle test first. GM swears not all LS7's will have the problem but I don't know. I'm guessing Dave (or someone else experienced with the LS7) would be able to tell you if the wiggle test is accurate in assessing side loading wear, and can also advise ahead of time on what the repair would cost if they need to be replaced. Good Luck and keep us in the loop.

Reactions: Frank514
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.