Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
21 Vette Z51
Province
ON
Hey !!!

For who ever is interested....... apologies If its already covered

Found the Z06 hatch emblem..... its part # 85580186 Available from GM Parts Depot ( Ottawa ) for 37.83 Plus shipping....Available other sources too

Cool replacement for the stingray fish .....Its about 1.5 times bigger than the front cross flag logo and pretty much flat sits dead center on the hatch about 2 inches below the window trim

Again absolutely nothing wrong with the fish just a cool alternative.

Attachments

• emb.jpg
    emb.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 264
  • z06.jpg
    z06.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 51
Hey !!!

For who ever is interested....... apologies If its already covered

Found the Z06 hatch emblem..... its part # 85580186 Available from GM Parts Depot ( Ottawa ) for 37.83 Plus shipping....Available other sources too

Cool replacement for the stingray fish .....Its about 1.5 times bigger than the front cross flag logo and pretty much flat sits dead center on the hatch about 2 inches below the window trim

Again absolutely nothing wrong with the fish just a cool alternative.
Wow you C8 guys are fortunate. Mind you my car is a 2017 Long Beach Red C7 GS where I swapped out my chrome badges for Carbon flash. An example the rear p/n 84658773 retail was $139.87 and my club discount price from the GM dealer was $107.09. This plus tax and freight. Anyway my car looks 1000% better matching all of the other bits in Carbon flash. BTW thx to my buddies BDK and Cobravenomous for their help in locating these hard to find items. See my Avatar for the front badge result.

Reactions: Vettenut
Wow you C8 guys are fortunate. Mind you my car is a 2017 Long Beach Red C7 GS where I swapped out my chrome badges for Carbon flash. An example the rear p/n 84658773 retail was $139.87 and my club discount price from the GM dealer was $107.09. This plus tax and freight. Anyway my car looks 1000% better matching all of the other bits in Carbon flash. BTW thx to my buddies BDK and Cobravenomous for their help in locating these hard to find items. See my Avatar for the front badge result.
Looks great

And yea that’s pretty pricey
The front badge on the c8 is like 80 bucks

The carbon flash is awesome and will match great with the rest of the trim

But com’on I’ll bet it looked pretty good with the chrome one too ! As chrome is awesome on Long Beach red 👍

Last edited:
Brad Pitt had this choice ... Jolie or Aniston

Both stunning women but I think he chose wrong as I always liked Jenny better.

When I originally ordered my Vette I opted for the chrome badge package ... my C8 is torch red and when the car arrived I hated it and ordered the badges in carbon flash.

But all was not lost as I used the chrome front badge on my engine cover and it looks awesome there as there a quite a few silver bits under the hatch and matches great with the Corvette script on the engine cover. ( see pics )

On the exterior my car is red and black thats it .

Love the chrome emblem but yea the carbon flash badge on the C7 with LB red is Jenny for sure !;) Absolutely Phabulos !

Here is a couple of pics showing the difference between the Z06 hatch badge and the front badge. On my hatch the emblem is just dry placed when i install it I will remove the fish. And pretty much thats the only nod I will give the Z06 on my car .

Just for info.... I attached the chrome badge to the engine cover carefully with gasket silicone ( high heat ) and it is on there very solid.

Attachments

• RDbIvn5g.jpeg
    RDbIvn5g.jpeg
    734.6 KB · Views: 21
  • rcqs37Ig.jpeg
    rcqs37Ig.jpeg
    744.2 KB · Views: 20
  • hatch.jpg
    hatch.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 19
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 23
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 23
  • PkPsRjSw.jpeg
    PkPsRjSw.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Brad Pitt had this choice ... Jolie or Aniston

Both stunning women but I think he chose wrong as I always liked Jenny better.

When I originally ordered my Vette I opted for the chrome badge package ... my C8 is torch red and when the car arrived I hated it and ordered the badges in carbon flash.

But all was not lost as I used the chrome front badge on my engine cover and it looks awesome there as there a quite a few silver bits under the hatch and matches great with the Corvette script on the engine cover. ( see pics )

On the exterior my car is red and black thats it .

Love the chrome emblem but yea the carbon flash badge on the C7 with LB red is Jenny for sure !;) Absolutely Phabulos !

Here is a couple of pics showing the difference between the Z06 hatch badge and the front badge. On my hatch the emblem is just dry placed when i install it I will remove the fish. And pretty much thats the only nod I will give the Z06 on my car .

Just for info.... I attached the chrome badge to the engine cover carefully with gasket silicone ( high heat ) and it is on there very solid.
All lookin' good !!!

I ended up purchasing a 70th anniversary emblem for the front of my 2023 HTC and used the original front emblem on the waterfall! I like the stingray on the back. I also added the 70th anniversary to the sides under the mirrors, as well as the door sills. Yeah, I know, it’s not a 70th anniversary model but I wanted to honour 70 years of corvette on my 2023. Or 69 years if you’re really counting 😉

Attachments

• 75BBC250-B849-47D8-A125-202D02406745.jpeg
    75BBC250-B849-47D8-A125-202D02406745.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 6610CFBD-4D4E-41D6-9DBF-FA5D2DBD5A0B.jpeg
    6610CFBD-4D4E-41D6-9DBF-FA5D2DBD5A0B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 6932B263-4695-4218-969F-A827F1AF6564.jpeg
    6932B263-4695-4218-969F-A827F1AF6564.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 51B9C792-A8EE-4CCF-A26E-218F8AE83157.jpeg
    51B9C792-A8EE-4CCF-A26E-218F8AE83157.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 0C0E46FC-115F-4D93-8FA9-18967CED0A0B.jpeg
    0C0E46FC-115F-4D93-8FA9-18967CED0A0B.jpeg
    734.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 64B586EA-B69F-4CC8-B515-351D5C1453EF.jpeg
    64B586EA-B69F-4CC8-B515-351D5C1453EF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
I like the stingray logo so I would not replace it with the Flags

You are going to affix a Z06 Badge to your Stingray?! You might as well stick a "Type R" sticker on your fender while you're "modding" your ride. Throw a Cobra on your V6 Mustang winter beater too. Reeks of stolen valour...

You are going to affix a Z06 Badge to your Stingray?! You might as well stick a "Type R" sticker on your fender while you're "modding" your ride. Throw a Cobra on your V6 Mustang winter beater too. Reeks of stolen valour...
I wouldn't go that far. Sure, if you put Z06 on your Stingray, then I'd agree, but just because you prefer cross flags doesn't make it a poser.

Reactions: Fast Boat Guy
I ended up purchasing a 70th anniversary emblem for the front of my 2023 HTC and used the original front emblem on the waterfall! I like the stingray on the back. I also added the 70th anniversary to the sides under the mirrors, as well as the door sills. Yeah, I know, it’s not a 70th anniversary model but I wanted to honour 70 years of corvette on my 2023. Or 69 years if you’re really counting 😉
Oh that is absolutely beautiful

Very nice job

I agree 100% if you’re actually putting the characters Z 0 6 on the side of the car trying to make an imitation .

I couldn’t think of anything more embarrassing than pulling up to a cars and coffee like that

But last time I checked the cross flag emblem is the universal symbol for the corvette

It is NOT the specific symbol that denotes a Z06 as every corvette past present and future has and will carry this badge

Non car enthusiasts may not even know what a Z06 is but pretty much everyone knows the corvette symbol

Is the corvette ‘ stealing valour ‘ from Ferrari because it went mid engine ? Some may think it is but I don’t . And yea iv actually been told as much by certain corvette haters .

Oh and by the way I don’t know about you but I have never owned a mustang or a Honda and never will .

But if you put a bowl of rice in front of me I’ll eat it !!

And if we get really lucky in some parts of the world you may even find rice with bits of cobra in it 😂😂

Type - R 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread