Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Good Day All!

I attended the unveiling of the limited edition Z06 Carbon 65 as part of the Saskatoon Corvette Club. The event was hosted locally by SMP at their dealership. I have to say that they did an outstanding job with providing food, beverages, and had a really nice atmosphere going on. Very well done. I even got a pretty decent Corvette hat.
Along with a few Corvettes for sale, they had the Z06 covered up for some anticipation which was fun. I was amazed at how many people were here to view the car. So kudos to SMP.

Onto the car!
Only 650 are being made. They uncovered the car aaaaaaaand it's a Z06!.....and that's about it. Honestly, being a Z06, it's beautiful, but being it's a super special edition car for the 65th year of Corvette, it's pretty disappointing. The color is good in the showroom but it was tough to get a grasp of the ceramic grey metallic in the show room lights. The color looks like an off white/light grey, like drywall mud, for lack of a better term.
It has the same horsepower, transmission, brakes, wheels, seats, suspension, aero you can get on all other Z06's so the only thing that makes this special is some badging, decals and paint color. This is my personal opinion but I really, really wish when GM made a special edition car, it would actually be special. Give the car 750hp, some different wheels, lower it, interior colours that aren't available on anything else, put carbon fibre spats on the front fenders. Just do something to justify why it should be a collector car.
I've seen it since the 90's where they make a car a certain model, charge extra money and it's nothing more than a decal package so that's why I react so much to this. The only item that makes it a collector is the name of it, not the car itself....in my not so humble opinion. :D
Anyway, enough whining. Outside of my thoughts about the car, I actually had a really good evening.

Here are some pictures of the event. I have more but for some reason my phone thinks I was upside down and I can't get them to show up in the correct orientation.

Anyway, here is the Carbon! A beautiful car. #25 out of 650

IMG_4013.JPG

IMG_4004.JPG

IMG_4006.JPG

IMG_9680.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3986.JPG
    IMG_3986.JPG
    621.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3988.JPG
    IMG_3988.JPG
    480.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3977.JPG
    IMG_3977.JPG
    514 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3980.JPG
    IMG_3980.JPG
    522.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Oh it's C7.R all over again...

I guess if it's priced only $100 more than a Z06 to pay for the stickers and decals it's a deal but hang on... it's not?

Thanks for the pics. Sounds like a good event.

Looks like a really well planned and executed event Riley. Too bad it was for an overpriced poorly coloured Z06. Frankly I find the decals very ricey and take away from the dignity of the "corvette".
Unbelievable the car doesn't even have carbon fibre spats. Mine does... haha.
How embarrassing to go and have carbon fibre installed on your new "carbon edition" Corvette.
I read about this car a few months ago and in my opinion is a slap in the face to loyal Corvette lovers and owners. Most of the real articles shared a similar opinion; although more subtlety. The car could have at least wore a couple unique colors only available on this model.
Sorry kind of negative post but wow what a disappointment. Seems that way for you too other than your new hat and some decent food. :Biggrin:

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Good Day All!

I attended the unveiling of the limited edition Z06 Carbon 65 as part of the Saskatoon Corvette Club. The event was hosted locally by SMP at their dealership. I have to say that they did an outstanding job with providing food, beverages, and had a really nice atmosphere going on. Very well done. I even got a pretty decent Corvette hat.
Along with a few Corvettes for sale, they had the Z06 covered up for some anticipation which was fun. I was amazed at how many people were here to view the car. So kudos to SMP.

Onto the car!
Only 650 are being made. They uncovered the car aaaaaaaand it's a Z06!.....and that's about it. Honestly, being a Z06, it's beautiful, but being it's a super special edition car for the 65th year of Corvette, it's pretty disappointing. The color is good in the showroom but it was tough to get a grasp of the ceramic grey metallic in the show room lights. The color looks like an off white/light grey, like drywall mud, for lack of a better term.
It has the same horsepower, transmission, brakes, wheels, seats, suspension, aero you can get on all other Z06's so the only thing that makes this special is some badging, decals and paint color. This is my personal opinion but I really, really wish when GM made a special edition car, it would actually be special. Give the car 750hp, some different wheels, lower it, interior colours that aren't available on anything else, put carbon fibre spats on the front fenders. Just do something to justify why it should be a collector car.
I've seen it since the 90's where they make a car a certain model, charge extra money and it's nothing more than a decal package so that's why I react so much to this. The only item that makes it a collector is the name of it, not the car itself....in my not so humble opinion. :D
Anyway, enough whining. Outside of my thoughts about the car, I actually had a really good evening.

Here are some pictures of the event. I have more but for some reason my phone thinks I was upside down and I can't get them to show up in the correct orientation.

Anyway, here is the Carbon! A beautiful car. #25 out of 650

View attachment 11758
View attachment 11751
View attachment 11753

View attachment 11761
Ya, I do not like decals on a car - the less badges etc. the better for me.

Thanks for sharing the pics.....I'm starting to like that damn thing, and I do NOT understand why:eek:. I mean I could understand it if I were 20 years younger, but what's going on, is this a mid life crisis, Lol

Reactions: ddgermann
Really don't care for the look of the car at all. Just a bunch of add ons that do not seem to enhance the overall look. What exactly are you getting for your money? Oh yeah hor d'oeuvres. Hope they were tasty Riley.:Biggrin:

By the way is this the same base colour that Mike showed the videos of the other car?

Reactions: Dub and MikeysZ06
Looks like a really well planned and executed event Riley. Too bad it was for an overpriced poorly coloured Z06. Frankly I find the decals very ricey and take away from the dignity of the "corvette".
Unbelievable the car doesn't even have carbon fibre spats. Mine does... haha.
How embarrassing to go and have carbon fibre installed on your new "carbon edition" Corvette.
I read about this car a few months ago and in my opinion is a slap in the face to loyal Corvette lovers and owners. Most of the real articles shared a similar opinion; although more subtlety. The car could have at least wore a couple unique colors only available on this model.
Sorry kind of negative post but wow what a disappointment. Seems that way for you too other than your new hat and some decent food. :Biggrin:

^^^^^^ This. Totally agree with what Dennis said.

I actually didn't mind the Carbon65 version. There is a younger generation of drivers that like the flash and decals, so maybe they're going for a different age group. If they are going to make the mid-engine Corvette a higher priced competitor to compete against something like Porsche and Lotus, they may be starting to change the styling.

Reactions: Les the CarGuy
I actually didn't mind the Carbon65 version. There is a younger generation of drivers that like the flash and decals, so maybe they're going for a different age group. If they are going to make the mid-engine Corvette a higher priced competitor to compete against something like Porsche and Lotus, they may be starting to change the styling.
I agree. I sell Vettes in BC and I convinced the dealership to bring in the C65 but in the GS Configuration with the Z07 Perf Pack. Its a sweet ride. Its on sale as I type. Someone will get a great deal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.