Oct 19, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Z06
Province
NB
Buddy of mine got stranded earlier in the week on side of the road with his new Z06. Couldn’t move. All kinds of warnings on the dash for tranny. Finally got it to dealer and they will be starting with a new valve body in the tranny. None available in Canada. Trying usa then last resort Tremec. 1025kms. Broken in correctly. They said it could be weeks maybe months for parts. I just turned 950kms on mine last night in past 7 days. Praying mine will survive 😜

Attachments

• IMG_3123.jpeg
    IMG_3123.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 319
  • IMG_3121.jpeg
    IMG_3121.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3122.jpeg
    IMG_3122.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Oh DAAAAAM, gosh I hope they can fix fast!
Fingers crossed it’s an isolated problem, I’ve been adhering to break in procedure limiting revs to 4000 RPM as per owners manual. Currently at 550kms, only 250 to go for the fun to start 😁😁😁

Oh DAAAAAM, gosh I hope they can fix fast!
Fingers crossed it’s an isolated problem, I’ve been adhering to break in procedure limiting revs to 4000 RPM as per owners manual. Currently at 550kms, only 250 to go for the fun to start 😁😁😁
I think that’s where the problem is. GM says 500 miles but many on the USA forums say 1500 miles due to flat plane crank motor. I got 950kms in a week so won’t take me long to get to the 2400kms I’ll air on the side of caution. Terrible time of year to have a car like this sidelined given our short seasons in Canada.

Reactions: TreVette
That's it. At home now and have the OM on screen.
No mention of transmission "break-in"? Just "break"?
Like others have said, hope it's isolated to one or 2 cars.

Not trying to throw shade on the Z06 here but man considering only 3000 or so built to date there's certainly a lot for concern here. I'm on a number of forums and facebook groups and there seems to be a higher proportion of reported issues than we faced with the C8 and now GM is looking into the "ticking noise".

I'll still remain on the list but will be watching intently on what GM does for apparent break-in and engine design issues.

Reactions: Red Devil
A bittersweet story...on the one hand, I long for a Z06 and envy those who have one. On the other hand, I wouldn't want any problems which sideline the car. My hope is that the Corvette racing team's fairly long-standing use of an engine very similar to the LT6, means the LT6 will prove itself reliable over time. Once again, I'm hoping that "the General" will come clean about the LT6 ticking sound.

My thoughts all the talk about issues with the Z06 is hog wash. The launch of the C8 in 2020 had issues. The C7 launch had issues. I'm sure the E-Ray will have issues. The 2019-2023 Silverado 6.2 has motor issues and 4000 motors have been replaced and we don't hear about the Silverado. Issues with the Z06 are click bate and is being blown out of proportion. Cars will always have a few bugs and GM has always fixed them. GM designed the LT6 in 2015 and in 2017 they had the refined version completed. In 2021 they exercised the final version LT6 for production. Almost 600 LT6 motors have been built for testing since it's development. After each LT6 engine is built its on a dyno for 25 min and hundreds of things are checked. The oil is changed and it's examined for particles. The motors leave in good condition. Not sure what people are doing?

It may be a blessing in disguise for those that take delivery in 2024 or later?
I wonder if it would be beneficial to get all fluids in a more desirable temp before driving off especially with this high reving tight tolerance engine? I do that with all my cars regardless at lease the coolant temp.

Never EVER buy a first production run of ANYTHING. I've been bitten by this before.

Likely sage advice...however I couldn't resist buying a 2020 C8 due to all the FUN it was to drive. Luckily it worked out for me: only a burnt out headlight easily replaced under warranty with the local GM parts warehouse having it in stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.