Classic Rock: (The Beatles the best) The Stones, The Who, Yes, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Heart, Led Zeppelin to name a few.
Yes, SOME country. All female vocalists verging on Pop, Like Shania.
Not really into Metallica or Iron Maiden type stuff.
I like The Foo Fighters, Green Day, The Offspring.
Modern pop.
HATE HATE HATE Rap or HipHop or whatever they are calling poetry with the same beat all the time, almost as much as country! LOL

So our music tastes are similar. I played in a band in the 70's. Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles, Beatles, Stones, Alabama, Neil Young, Downchild Blues, Fleetwood Mac, Allman Brothers.... Wasn't classic rock back then but it is now. Also did a lot of Country rock and Blues. Still play a lot of the classics, country rock and blues. All campfire entertainment now with the occasional jam party in my shop.

So our music tastes are similar. I played in a band in the 70's. Lynyrd Skynyrd, Eagles, Beatles, Stones, Alabama, Neil Young, Downchild Blues, Fleetwood Mac, Allman Brothers.... Wasn't classic rock back then but it is now. Also did a lot of Country rock and Blues. Still play a lot of the classics, country rock and blues. All campfire entertainment now with the occasional jam party in my shop.
Interesting. I play the drums. Not in public. Too shy (unconfident?) for that. I like almost all forms of music from Jazz to Long Hair (Beethoven & Bach). I find Country too similar and all twangy voices and twangy guitars, but like a ton of country rock. Some folk music is too similar in many ways, but I'm sure I like many songs that would be classified as country or folk.
Of course there are some voices that just do me wrong, like most of Neil Young. IMO He screwed up Crosby, Stills & Nash. Funny thing, when I was young, Geddy Lee's voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard, but now I love all of Rush's music. I guess tastes change as we age or our ears get old. lol
I enjoy a lot of today's pop. Even the Biebs. lol

Kewl on the drums. Easy to say but don't let the confidence thing deter you. We all make mistakes and 90% of people don't even notice and appreciate what you do. The other 10% are usually musicians and they appreciate you giving it your all.

Yes. Tastes change. I use to detest Justin Timberlake until I heard him do Halleluiah at the Haiti relief concert. Guy is super talented and I always figured him as a Mouseketeer just riding his past. Another one I had no respect for was Miley Cyrus until I heard her do some decent music. Here's the Haiti vid of Justins, and one of Miley doing a Dylan song. Have a listen and lemme know what you think.

Reactions: gone
As soon as I heard the twang in Mylie's voice I had to shut it off. LOL. They don't need to sing that way. When Shania does country she keeps the twang to a minimum.
I've liked Timberlake since I heard "Junk in a box". :) I personally don't like Halleluiah so it's a tough listen, but he does have a great voice.

Reactions: Vettenut
Other than Halleluiah being worn out by a thousand covers, Leonard was a great writer that couldn't sing... lol... Hotel California was another great song that the got played to death back in 77 and I use to shut off the radio after a while. Now that it's classic, I cover it and really appreciate the story in the song. Can't do the lead like Felder did but that doesn't stop me... lol...

Reactions: Murray20c8
Driving tunes ?

That will change based on whether

1. your driving alone - Bad To The Bone....anything Van Halen.... Led Zeppelin.....Pink Floyd......Queen etc another great is Danko Jones Im actually good friends with John Calabrese...Bassist for Danko

2. your wife is with you..... Spandau Ballet or some #$%^ like that eg Air Supply....Reo Speedwagon

3. your girlfriend is with you.....Exile kiss you all over.....Kings of Leon Sex On Fire..... Who loves you....The Four Seasons.....or anything from The Weeknd

4. If your buddy is with you.....who cares as long as the windows are open and you can enjoy the exhaust note .

Interesting. I play the drums. Not in public. Too shy (unconfident?) for that. I like almost all forms of music from Jazz to Long Hair (Beethoven & Bach). I find Country too similar and all twangy voices and twangy guitars, but like a ton of country rock. Some folk music is too similar in many ways, but I'm sure I like many songs that would be classified as country or folk.
Of course there are some voices that just do me wrong, like most of Neil Young. IMO He screwed up Crosby, Stills & Nash. Funny thing, when I was young, Geddy Lee's voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard, but now I love all of Rush's music. I guess tastes change as we age or our ears get old. lol
I enjoy a lot of today's pop. Even the Biebs. lol
You'd fit in fine with us in my shop Murray. Here's a clip that someone shot of one of our get togethers. Yeah. We are amateurs but we have fun.

• Love
Reactions: AxeZ06 and Vettenut
Driving tunes ?

That will change based on whether

1. your driving alone - Bad To The Bone....anything Van Halen.... Led Zeppelin.....Pink Floyd......Queen etc another great is Danko Jones Im actually good friends with John Calabrese...Bassist for Danko

2. your wife is with you..... Spandau Ballet or some #$%^ like that eg Air Supply....Reo Speedwagon

3. your girlfriend is with you.....Exile kiss you all over.....Kings of Leon Sex On Fire..... Who loves you....The Four Seasons.....or anything from The Weeknd

4. If your buddy is with you.....who cares as long as the windows are open and you can enjoy the exhaust note .

Do you ever confuse the playlists between your wife and your girlfriend?

• Love
Reactions: Vettenut
You'd fit in fine with us in my shop Murray. Here's a clip that someone shot of one of our get togethers. Yeah. We are amateurs but we have fun.
Here's my kit. It won't be easy to get it to Alberta! ;)

1683302758043.png
1683302794767.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread