Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
IMG_1826.JPG
IMG_1827.JPG
transfered onto a "KRMS" (keep right median sign) plate. 24" x 18.5". I found out today in the sign shop that I can get some pics of my car put onto a sign plate with management permission ( no number given)

I'm not sure exactly how these are transferred to a sign plate but the process is pretty cool. It goes through some expensive ROLAND machine that creates a decal/vinyl type thing. And then another machine,through some lights,2 different presses. Submersed in super cold water for 10/15 mins or so. Kinda hard to explain. They have a 25 year outdoor finish so inside your place? Probably last longer than Brian's ZR1 :Biggrin:

Anyway,I'm not sure how many I could get done but they're not cheap. I was quoted $100.00 by the sign shop manager. And,it could be anywhere from a week to a month.

This one here was done for one of our Special Events Techs,John Larsen after 35 odd years. The frame appearance is decal. It's not a frame but as I walked up to it,I thought it was a frame. It looks that real. I've requested one and when it's done,will post pics as well as show Spence in person for a authenticity check. This is not the signs you see in the flea markets or even the vendors booths in Radium. Those are tin for the most part. These are an aluminum plate. If you have any interest in something like this,I can make an inquiry with Jeff. Probably best to do in one order if there was enough interest. Kind of unique.

Is this the process that makes your picture almost look backlit once on aluminum plate? I have seen some amazing pictures done that way when we were last in Maui.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread