I liked Vanishing point mostly because I had a 70 Challanger RT with a 383 magnum when it came out ( My first New Car).. all the rest of the movies that were nentioned were great as well.. It would be hard to pick a favourite...

Reactions: williame3590
Not my #1 favorite however high up there as top 3 most impacting ... and watched because I have a young family ... "Cars" really woke us up on the reality of the super-highway versus the days of just going for a simple cruise down the hamlet-roads ... not to mention that today's Corvettes emulate the bugs-n-teeth and all ... all singing "Life is a Highway..."?

In no particular order....

Dirty Mary,Crazy Larry,
Ride with the Devil,
Bullit,
Ronin,
Vanishing Point,
Gone in 60 seconds ( original release )
LeMans,
Grand Prix ( minus the love story )
Death Race 2000 ( Original release )

And my least favorite car flick..... The worst thing to come out of Hollywood..... Sylvester Stallone's butchering of the CART racing series with.... Driven.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig
And of course Fast Company, which was filmed at the old Edmonton International Raceway. Does anyone remember this old classic? I just bought a copy from Amazon.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
20 Car Movies in a pack!
BURNT RUBBER?

Attachments

• IMG_0704.JPG
    IMG_0704.JPG
    772.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG
    893.5 KB · Views: 5
Lots of good ones there, and I do like most of them. I guess for me the top ones would be:
Gone in 60 Seconds
Smokey and the Bandit
Original Fast and Furious.

And I can't believe nobody mentioned.............The Wraith........I hated the movie personally, but a lot of my friends liked it back in '86

wraith-car.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread