I too saw Tracy try to manage the Viper -- probably the same show -- and yes he failed badly and I suspect most would fail without a heck of lot of practice.

LOL, no worries; your C3 is no slouch and quite a capable driver being only a tick or two behind the latest versions.
A few mods would quickly make up the difference.
icon7.gif

LOL, if Riley is anything like me he'd probably rather 'show' than 'let', but you'll have to talk to him about that.:driving:

Hey COO, that is right, he would show me. I wouldnt ask to drive his car anyway, I think he probably would out of politeness, but I would rather lend my toothbrush than my Vette if someone wants to tests its might .... but on the other hand...since Riley has a new girlfriend, he may not be into his Vette that much anymore and he would give me the keys! :rofl:

Hold on here! First off, what is a toothbrush? Are they fast?

Yes, I have a new girlfriend and I am distracted but not dead. In principle, I would consider letting someone drive my car, but in reality, it's hard to let go of the keys. The shifter is notchy enough that without experience in the car, there is a good chance that someone new would not be able to feel if the transmission is in first or not, and they may not know if they get it in second. Both scenarios do not result in a very good sound... so until my car is easier to drive and it's easier to feel what the components are doing, lending is more of a thought than a do. I would still like to take you for a quick rip Fernando as that has been the plan for a while, but maybe next summer depending if I get the knock sensors replaced.

Hold on here! First off, what is a toothbrush? Are they fast?

Yes, I have a new girlfriend and I am distracted but not dead. In principle, I would consider letting someone drive my car, but in reality, it's hard to let go of the keys. The shifter is notchy enough that without experience in the car, there is a good chance that someone new would not be able to feel if the transmission is in first or not, and they may not know if they get it in second. Both scenarios do not result in a very good sound... so until my car is easier to drive and it's easier to feel what the components are doing, lending is more of a thought than a do. I would still like to take you for a quick rip Fernando as that has been the plan for a while, but maybe next summer depending if I get the knock sensors replaced.

haha I know buddy! I would love the ride, I wouldnt want to take it for a ride myself (Murphy's law).

So is there anything wrong with your tranny? why is it that is hard to feel if you are in first or second gears?

LOL, I figured we might get his attention sooner or later, RW -- and voila -- there he is! -- but no keys.......:D --
I'm guessing we're all about the same being quite picky and protective of our beloved 'vettes'.. no surprise.:)

I'd sure love a trip around a track in that ACR tho. Would be quite a thrill to feel all that torque of the 8 liter monster.
If I ever get the chance I won't be passing it up.

Hope you get the knock sen's fixed up soon Riley. Gonna be nice all week and into the weekend.

I think the transmission is fine. I should get the fluid changed though and if I cared, I would do the anti-venom mod to loosen it up, but I have a good feel for the tranny now.

Thanks Colin, hopefully I have the car on the road sooner than later. I would absolutely love a ride in an ACR on a track! I bet that would be just amazing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread