Was that OJ driving that white Corvette.:rofl:

I have it on good authority that the 407 people are looking to have someone break that record. 200.5. They are hoping for 210 at least. No they won't take your car and put you in jail, really I am sure of it.:D

Man that car sounded really strong. What a run. Thanks for sharing the video.

Only in Texas!

The car blasting by that trooper car was priceless! We could only wish we had a new road in Ontario this summer where we could all try a high-speed run to see "whot she'll do!" :D I doubt the officials in Canada would ever allow this though.

But it does raise some issues as was already mentioned. That 700-hp should produce comfortably over 200. Is not the stock C7 rated top speed 190? And the C6 Z06 with 505hp was 199, plus the 638hp C6 ZR1 was over 200! So... has the C7 more drag that the C6 then? Must be a reason it was not faster. The C7 might just be the most stable stock Corvette at 200 though.

I was just about to post this. The hairs on my neck were on edge--I wonder what exhaust system they have in there, because they sound a lot like Corsas to me.

In any case, that was a shot of adrenaline watching--I just wish I was the one to post this vid! WELL DONE!

Enjoyed that very much. Love the exhaust sound with that cam when the car was at idle and then the sound of it at 200 was fantastic. :D

th6WC8EACR.jpg

baby_laugh[1].jpg

I actually hate to say it, or maybe I ought to be thankful, but watching that car on the outside moving at that speed actually made me think carefully about some of my experiences this year and I hope I'll remember this when the snow melts. I really felt a lump in my throat.................if it ever went wrong at that speed I'd be toast.

Cheers,

Garry

Thing can go bad in a heart beat at 30 mph. At high speeds, you want to have a lot of experience and even then, a flat tire or broken rim and you are GONE. Slalom racing and road courses put tremendous side loads on the rims that they seldom get in normal road use. I've seen pictures of the centres broken out of factory wheels. If you plan on racing or aggressive stuff, get race parts. There is a reason why forged parts are used in hipo and race engines. Forged wheels for the same reason. You might get away with cast stuff for a while but it will bite you eventually. Around here years ago stock car guys were using Corvette rally wheels at the local 1/4 and 3/8 mile oval tracks. So many centres were getting broken out of these wheels that they were banned. Fine for the street but not for race applications.

Good evening Keith,

An excellent suggest. Maybe I'll keep things under control and see how the harvest goes in 2014 - and how the grain sales go from this years crop. At the rate CN is getting me railcars it could be a problem. I've been waiting and on standby/hold for three weeks now which is playing havoc with my life.

Plus some tires too that are rated for maybe 350 plus.............

I just can't imagine a rim breaking, that has to be a whole lot worse than just a simple flat or tire shredding...........

Cheers,

Garry

Thing can go bad in a heart beat at 30 mph. At high speeds, you want to have a lot of experience and even then, a flat tire or broken rim and you are GONE. Slalom racing and road courses put tremendous side loads on the rims that they seldom get in normal road use. I've seen pictures of the centres broken out of factory wheels. If you plan on racing or aggressive stuff, get race parts. There is a reason why forged parts are used in hipo and race engines. Forged wheels for the same reason. You might get away with cast stuff for a while but it will bite you eventually. Around here years ago stock car guys were using Corvette rally wheels at the local 1/4 and 3/8 mile oval tracks. So many centres were getting broken out of these wheels that they were banned. Fine for the street but not for race applications.

right on the button keith. metal fatigues under load as you well know, being a machinist. same thing happens in drag racing, the extreme sudden torque of hard launching will soon find any flaws in the metal. front wheels too if the car is repeatedly standing up and coming down hard. and let's not forget about wheel bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread