If no other new Corvette option, would you have purchased a C8 mid engine Corvette

• No

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • Yes, at $ 135 K for a 1LT base

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Yes, at $ 150 K for a 3LT loaded base

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Yes, at $ 175 K for a 1LZ ZR1

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Yes, at $ 195 K for a 3LZ ZR1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I truly hope it will be a great evolution for the Corvette that is reachable for its already loyalty buyers and attract a new customer base.
Alternatively it could end being somewhat of transition of the Corvette that leaves behind much of its current customer base that now can't afford a premium model and is forced to buy a low to at best a mid speced car in options and performance. With this scenario GM would seem to be trying to bring the Corvette to an elite level supercar attracting a buyer with deeper pockets and super car tastes.
Keeping the C7 around leaves the speculation on "why" quite interesting when comparing these 2 scenarios. Is GM just covering their butt and providing an escape route for the 2nd possibility?
I expect the C8 to be an amazing and invovative machine.... but can us working stiffs get a fast(er) one....? :Shifty:
D

Reactions: Rruuff Day
2019-Chevrolet-Corvette-C8-Zora-1.jpg
Looks decent........but has a Ford Focus front end....

IMG_3453.PNG
View attachment 11345 Looks decent........but has a Ford Focus front end....
Although this looks fairly cool... I'd never see this as a Corvette. Not for the traditionalists ( am I one?) who are front engine,rwd. This "Corvette" will be for a new generation of interest. Not "us guys". I don't know. Maybe the few of you guys with $$$ can be the first one to grace the forum with your new purchase.

I'm saving up for a Honda Ruckus Scooter for my work commute.... lol.

View attachment 11432
Although this looks fairly cool... I'd never see this as a Corvette. Not for the traditionalists ( am I one?) who are front engine,rwd. This "Corvette" will be for a new generation of interest. Not "us guys". I don't know. Maybe the few of you guys with $$$ can be the first one to grace the forum with your new purchase.

I'm saving up for a Honda Ruckus Scooter for my work commute.... lol.

I thought you are saving up to buy my ZR1 :)

B

Reactions: MikeysZ06
hmmmmm.... that's close to 90 Cdn.... Can't see it.... My bottom starting number is still 135. Only way that changes is if H3ll freezes over again and Cdn and US dollar are at par.... lol...

Reactions: ddgermann