Jan 11, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
VetteCoins
Car
1987 Z51
Well, I thought I would finally try a wax on the Corvette. I ordered a kit from World's Best Wax to give a try. The kit included:

-Auto Shampoo Soap
-Surface Cleanse Paste
-WBW Connoisseur Wax (46% Carnuba)
-Refresher Spray
-2 Foam Applicator Pads
-2 Towels

I also ordered a Clay Bar separately.

Riley dropped on over and we got started.

I started with the Soap and gave the car a wash. It cleaned the paint very well.

After that, I rinsed, and used the Clay Bar to clean the pollutants and general "dirtiness" off of the car. It was amazing what the clay bar picked up. Spots on the paint that looked very clean left dark "dirt" on the clay bar.

Following the clay bar, I dried the car with a chamois. At this stage I applied the Surface Cleanse for the final cleaning of the car. it leaves the paint an impeccably spotless finish with no streaking or anything. It's as clean as the car has ever been since it was new.

The next step was simply applying the Wax itself. It was a very easy procedure. Dip the foam applicator in the wax, wipe it on in a back and forth motion over an area, wait for about a minute, then buff it off with a clean cloth. It polished very easily and quickly. I applied the wax while Riley followed behind and buffed.

We ended up doing 2 coats of wax. I'm not sure if there would be a huge benefit or not of doing a third. One thing I REALLY liked about this wax is that it left NO white on any black moulding pieces like other waxes I've seen. This is something that WBW claimed, and it was correct. We didn't have to be extra careful around those parts to avoid the white residue. Another thing is that the wax has a very nice scent to it.

In the end I am very happy with the result. It took about 2 hours from start to finish to clean and apply 2 coats.

I give World's Best Wax a big thumbs up. Their kit comes with everything you need to clean and wax your car, and the process was very easy and relaxing. It is nice knowing that the car has a layer of protection over the paint now. I will be waxing any new car I purchase in the future for this reason alone!!!

Well when we originally put the wax on, I parked the car in the garage and it's been sitting ever since. Tonight was the first time I've had the car out since it was waxed.

I would have to say I was blown away by what this wax did to the paint! I have a feeling the deep cleaning process helped a lot, the paint has never sparkled like it does now in the sun, and I now know what people mean by "depth" to the finish.

People would consider this an expensive wax since you can get other waxes for much cheaper, but I can say this has been the best "bang for my buck" change that I've done to the car so far, and I'm not sure what else for the same money would be better. I give it 5 stars!!!

The only bang for your buck I can think of is having hot chicks sit on your car while you drive. Other than that the wax will have to do...hahaha. It's funny though, you can actually see quite an improvement in the paint...which didn't look bad before.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.