WildWilly55

Regular
2 You're 10
Feb 17, 2009
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z-51 Coupe
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Detroit Troy for your upcoming accommodations! My name is Shaila Shallcross and I will be your point of contact moving forward through the planning process for your room block. I am looking forward to working with you! I will contact you periodically with updates on your room block and lists of reservations made. Please do not hesitate to contact me throughout this process. I am happy to assist with any questions/needs you may have.

Room Block Information
* Contracted sleeping room rates per night - $ 84.00 for a King bed room (plus applicable taxes)
* Your guests can utilize the group rate beginning today and ending on Friday, July 25th
* Please note breakfast is not included in the room rate

* Billing on guest reservations will be entered as

Rooms are booked--get them while they are HOT!!--putting togeather another road trip on the way down this coming year---let me know if you are in!!--We usually head down Friday morning--cross the Ferry at Sombra--and check out the "Hard Core Pawn" reality series location--and just have a good time!!:canada:

Ideally we would like to leave Cambridge around 8 am on Friday morning---cruise up the 402 to Sarnia--off an Modeland Road and cruise south on St. Clair Prkwy along the Seaway down to Sombra and take the ferry across the river and into Marine City, MI. We would be down there in plenty of time to either go to the many car shops or even visit Hardcore Pawn as seen on Reality TV--great little spot. The Marriott is about 4 blocks off of Woodward and has plenty of shopping in the area. Last year myself, Peter and Mike ordered Pizza delievered to the parking lot!! Friday night has a ton of action on Woodward--especially up in Pontiac where the turn around is!!! People pull their couches out on the boulevard and the whole 9 yards. I will put a full itinerary to geather in the coming weeks. If you are planning on going--get a room saved right away--you could always cancel. Hot summer nights in the Motorcity!!! AWESOME !!!

This is from last year--I kinda would like to stick to the same agenda!!

A bunch of us were down to Woodward in 1998. You can't begin to see all that is going on. There are car shows and stuff going on off of Woodward as well. On Saturday, the traffic was so slow that you could hop off a bus at one stop and get back on a block or two later and you were still with the same bus and cars.

Last edited:
Things you will see at Woodward!!

Imagine cruising right beside the Monkey Mobile!!

Ghostbuster Mobile!!

Hanging with a cool crew all weekend!!! Watching the Cruise go by--and getting out and doing it also!!!

And a visit to American Jewelry and Loan --Reality TV showcase for Hard Core Pawn!!

Just a reminder Woodward is only 2 weeks away---did you get your PASSPORT, lawnchairs + cooler, Radio (channel 5)--I still have PDF agenda's for the weekend if anyone needs them--PM or email me. Leaving the Tim Hortons on Townline Road in Cambridge at 8 am sharp---please be fueled up and coffee in hand to start this epic weekend!!! "Switch'n to Glide!!" :canada:

Willy,

I bumped into a fella and his wife while waiting in line at Costco the other day. Both were wearing Woodward Dream Cruise Tee's.

They have been going for years and years and have tee's from every year.
Said it is something to see and a real blast. Would love to see it myself.

Hadn't thought of that King's hit forever -- so had to replay it for a quick flashback. Great Canadian Band I'm sure many of you remember.

Have a listen:

The Kings - This Beat Goes On/Switchin' to Glide

Just a reminder Woodward is only 2 weeks away---did you get your PASSPORT, lawnchairs + cooler, Radio (channel 5)--I still have PDF agenda's for the weekend if anyone needs them--PM or email me. Leaving the Tim Hortons on Townline Road in Cambridge at 8 am sharp---please be fueled up and coffee in hand to start this epic weekend!!! "Switch'n to Glide!!" :canada:

The countdown is on. 14 days until blast off, I don't remember gliding much with this group. HeHe. :canada:

I am so glad someone remembered the Kings---- Switch'n to glide" we used to follow this band everywhere!! I remember dancing to this singing along at Paradise Gardens in Guelph at one of their concerts---and all of a sudden the lead singer was right beside me sharing the mike singing "Switching to Glide!!"---Wild!!!----T minus 5 days and counting to Woodward!!!

Last edited:
T minus 2 days and counting---I have had several inquiries about road closures in Detroit--this mostly effects the 696 which we usually take across Detroit. I have several alternative routes to get to where we need to be. We can take either the Hall Road or the Metropolitan Freeway (16 mile Road) or even go south to 8 mile which is clear all the way across--if you would like to monitor the road conditions in Detroit here is the link:

7 Traffic Now - Metro Detroit Road Conditions | WXYZ.com

Make sure you bring your Radio (channel 5.0) with all this action we will need to stay in touch :canada:

The Cruise is actually on Woodward that goes up to Pontiac and does a big 360 up there!!--it only goes down to about 8 mile Road--anything below that is a risky environment--So what we do is park around 12 mile Road (most of the action is around 10-12 mile road for GM, Mopar and the big displays etc) a lot of the burn outs and stuff are up around the Pontiac Loop (about a 16 mile trip up and 16 miles back)--it gets pretty hairy up there at times!! Starts at 9 am going to 9 pm---when they shut her down at 9 pm--they shut her down--usually giant police sweep of the entire Woodward. People bring couches out of the houses to sit on the boulevards etc--Friday evening can get carried away also when the weather co-operates!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread