Nov 14, 2011
Jarvis Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Convertable
This is a 28 Chevy Pick-up built from the Toys & Joys plan. Woods used in construction: Frame is roasted maple. Fenders are walnut. Body is cherry. Bed in truck oak. Finish is rattle can varethane.
This was a fun project to build. This model will be donated to the club I belong to and use in their upcoming car show in August. Should make a nice door prize.

Wayne: please note: all wood used was locally grown....No raping of the rain forest. In fact a lot of the material came from my scrap pail...... :D

hpim1801.jpg

hpim1799f.jpg

hpim1800.jpg

Brian, another beautiful work of art. I hope your club is grateful, for all these one of a kind models. Nice work on the laminated fenders, what glue do you use and have you ever tried a bulldozer?

First....I do own a plan for both a back hoe and a couple of dozers. But I have never built them, one day maybe.
And as for the fenders, no lamination here. These are cut out in one piece from a piece of 2x4 on the band saw. Then tapered and sanded as required to fix.

I purchased a set of dominos from the Dominican made from iron wood....well, it's no match for our lack of humidity here. The box is bowing and splitting apart. :( It's a very nice set. Too bad wood doesn't always transfer regions very well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.