CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Wow, it's only been a week since driving my 'vette and I already miss it and am having bad withdrawal for not driving it.
Poor thing is just sitting in the garage (sharing it with a Ford no less) and doing nothing except getting it's new Optima battery charged up by a C-Tek.
At least it should be 'feeling' alive.:D

I understand its distress: Its forte is performing not just sitting idle. I'm sure it's counting the days until March/April like I am and all of you are.:D:canada:

Hang in there fellow Canucks -- we've got Christmas and New Years soon and it's only a couple month's of 'crap' until 'Vette time' once again.

If anyone else has any other encouragement please bring it on. Maybe we can lick the next few months more easily together.

Cheers,
C.

I don't know what you are complaining about....:eek:

Having only own my new-to-me corvette since the end of October, and it being put into storage almost immediately, gives me something to whine about.... :swear: My car is also sharing the garage with a ford...never thought about that, I hope it doesn't learn to hate me for this.

However, I'm off to Dominican Republic for new years eve, and by the time I get back it will only be a couple of months to wait............ long ones admittedly.

The time will pass friends........ :rofl:

I have always liked putting away my Vette . When I first bought the Nasty1, I would put her away every Oct 1 . The last few years its been mid to late October . So why do I like putting away the Vetta (thats what my wife call her ) ?, well its the the old saying
"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Every year that first drive brings back all the feelings from the first day I sat in my vette and drove it .

In the beginning I stored her at the shop , and was still able to see her everyday . The last few years with all the cars we have ben building, I store her at Franklin Storeall , and don't see her untill the spring , which makes me even more excited when I pick her up .

So Colin , to sum it up the best things in life are worth waiting for :canada:

Hang in there buddy , were all with you :D

Signed : Missing the summer :(

As soon as work stops interfering with pleasure ,the car and I are heading for Florida .I store her when ever possible next to the Orlando airport so we can visit on a monthly basis .

I also put a set of all season run flats on her just in case the snow gets deep .

Colin,
did you ever think that if you could drive the GS all year, you wouldn't
need the SHO , and possibly with the 'vette being a daily driver, you might
lose some of the 'specialness' that comes with the car thats not available
all the time ???
Or am I just rationalizing to overcome our forum wide predicament ?

Tony, welland

Colin,
did you ever think that if you could drive the GS all year, you wouldn't
need the SHO , and possibly with the 'vette being a daily driver, you might
lose some of the 'specialness' that comes with the car thats not available
all the time ???
Or am I just rationalizing to overcome our forum wide predicament ?

Tony, welland

Your reasoning is flawless mon ami, but I'd gladly give up some "specialness" if I could only banish this upcoming winter.:confused:
Got no use for it -- but 'it is what it is' as the saying goes, and I must deal with it.

Actually the SHO helps with my enjoyment of the 'vette : As good as the Ford is, if feels great to get out of it and into a real performer. :D

The Ford comes in handy if we want to do a little shopping or chauffeuring too. (Marg's Fiesta is a bit of a toy in that area too)
In those 2 categories the chev just isn't in its element. :D

Cheers,
Colin

Every year I am surprised at how fast winter comes. This summer was actually great so I don't feel too ripped off. It's funny though, when I take the car out in the Spring it seems like winter is so far away but before I know it, I'm driving my car back to be stored. I hope we have an early Spring this year!

Had mine out this past weekend for a nice long drive...now filled with stabil and hooked up to the trickle charger :( ....

Can't wait for spring..

Stabil! I knew there was something.
Have it but forgot to put it in. -- I'll have to put it in and run the engine for a while.
Would have been much easier to put it in on a full tank and drive it around a little.
Oh well.

Thanks for the reminder HV.
icon14.gif

.......and yes -- spring can't come soon enough.

Withdrawls. Ya I haven't driven my car since August. Still haven't figured out the power steering hose leaks. This winter it will get looked at and then first chance in the spring it is out and going!

T

I think most of us who live in Canada dislike this time of year.
The days are shorter, we hardly ever see any sunshine, Christmas shopping crowds.
And most of all we have to store our beloved toys.
I put my Vette & my Golf Clubs away last weekend.

I hate winter.:mad:

Think of winter like this... If we lived in a warm climate year round... All the vettes on the used market would be miled out!!! Where else can you buy Such low mileage cars for such a great price ;).

I think most of us who live in Canada dislike this time of year.
The days are shorter, we hardly ever see any sunshine, Christmas shopping crowds.
And most of all we have to store our beloved toys.
I put my Vette & my Golf Clubs away last weekend.

I hate winter.:mad:

Funny part is I love the winter. I love snow. I snowboard and I enjoy time in my bobcat moving snow around. I like skating. Winter is great! I just don't like that the corvette is a summer only car.......maybe winter tires???... JK I'd never try that......or would I?
T

I was over at stoarge today visiting Vetta , as my wife calls her .
Man I do long for a summer's day cruise :

Soon , lets all think warm thought's :rofl:

I was over at stoarge today visiting Vetta , as my wife calls her .
Man I do long for a summer's day cruise :

Soon , lets all think warm thought's :rofl:

Ya man, it's gonna be tough ...... I don't have that far to go to visit my other 'honey' -- and damn she's so beautiful sitting there sleeping under a blanky.:D
Can't wait to stroke her some more.

Got a 'Mild to Wild' from the museum yesterday and can't wait to fit it up.
Also can't wait for a nice LG and tranny tune too.:driving:
Gonna be real sweet!

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.