EZERUSS

Casual User
Nov 16, 2014
Chilliwack BC
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Convertible
Well the first winter with the beast and I made it to mid January. The sun came out the temp up over 10 degrees and I couldn't control myself. I had to get out there for a drive.
The west coast does have its benefits.
Lots of cleaning but worth the effort to get the top down and catch some rays!!
The Beast2016.jpg

-22C here, no thoughts of cruising yet, gotta retire down south someday.

Glad you got her out for a spin.

Matt

That is just going to make the rest of us soooooo jealous, especially when we look out the window! Heavy snow back home today and windy
Awesome that you can get a day here and there to enoy

West Coast envy! -15 here today. Warming up over the next week and will be closet to 0 by the weekend. Putting the collision back on the car March 1st... can't stand it any more... want the option of going out if there is a mild day. There have been quite a few this winter and it was killing me.

Well, Its February and I can hear Victoria calling me.......more accurately its the wifes birthday next week and we need a road trip.
Vancouver Island is always a good choice especially when the dollar is way low.
So its off to the Dorchester Hotel in Nanaimo and a visit to the Dingy Dock. A floating pub / restaurant located just off Protection Island in the Nanaimo Harbour. A short water taxi trip there and back. Quite spectacular actually.
Then south to a B&B in Cowichan Bay one of the coolest little waterfront spots on the West Coast and then on to Victoria and our favorite Hotel the Magnolia.... An excellent drive if you know the back roads and I do!!
Hopefully will only have to wash the beast once while on the road.
A good compromise, the wife gets to have room service and a few days away and I get to drive the Beast!
Only 3 sleeps to go!!!

Later..

Well, Its February and I can hear Victoria calling me.......more accurately its the wifes birthday next week and we need a road trip.
Vancouver Island is always a good choice especially when the dollar is way low.
So its off to the Dorchester Hotel in Nanaimo and a visit to the Dingy Dock. A floating pub / restaurant located just off Protection Island in the Nanaimo Harbour. A short water taxi trip there and back. Quite spectacular actually.
Then south to a B&B in Cowichan Bay one of the coolest little waterfront spots on the West Coast and then on to Victoria and our favorite Hotel the Magnolia.... An excellent drive if you know the back roads and I do!!
Hopefully will only have to wash the beast once while on the road.
A good compromise, the wife gets to have room service and a few days away and I get to drive the Beast!
Only 3 sleeps to go!!!

Later..

Enjoy! My wife is from Brentwood Bay and we love visiting the island. Usually just rent a BMW, but I only wish I could drive the Vette or Camaro on the back roads!

OK so I am sometimes overly optimistic and maybe a little stupid. We leave Chilliwack and head for Horseshoe Bay to take the ferry to the Island. The weather looked like it was improving so you guessed it 9 degrees and the top comes down.
Get into North Van and it starts to rain lightly no problem I thought nothings coming into the cockpit......not yet
We climb up the to the upper levels highway, make a couple of turns and holy crap is that Hail? Just a little bit but a major rain burst. Holy crap the wipers are on high and basically we are staying dry. Not bad except for the cleaning this will require.
Get to the terminal and check out the car no real issue except the top of the sun visors. They are wet.

Get to the Island and the sunshine we had all the way over on the ferry is no where to be found when we unload. But hey we are on the Island and on Vacation in February with the Vette. What the hell its still all good.
Love the C7 and can't believe the attention it gets.
Later....

I have a mean older sister who lives in Victoria. Pretty soon she will be sending me pictures of blooming flowers. :p We had five inches of snow this past week and two days of 40+ degree temperatures has almost taken it away again. I've only blown snow four times this winter. At this rate, we eventually won't have to visit Victoria at all.:clown:

Cover and battery minder are off for good. Had the car out a couple of times over the last two weeks as the odd 7/8c day appeared. Now double digits here in southern Ontario... looking forward to taking the targa top off on a hot day. Happy Days!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.