Give her a extra special bath and polish before putting the cover on her for the winter.
I dont put new oil in before storing, leave the old in over the winter time, change in the
fall around this time and fuel stabalizer and if needed so Techron.

never wash the car and cover it up, much more prefferable to have it out in the warm sun for a day or so to let it dry completely before covering it up, you don't want moisture sitting inside door panels etc if it's not necessary. I'd rather put away dirty and dry than clean & wet...just my .02c worth

I bought a cover but hardly ever used it last winter.
I left it uncovered so when I went into the Garage I could see my beautiful beast sitting there.
Just made me feel a little bit better on a cold winter night.
Can't wait for the day when I can spend the winters in a warm place and drive my Vette everyday.

:mad:"I HATE WINTER":mad:

never wash the car and cover it up, much more prefferable to have it out in the warm sun for a day or so to let it dry completely before covering it up, you don't want moisture sitting inside door panels etc if it's not necessary. I'd rather put away dirty and dry than clean & wet...just my .02c worth

Yes, I wash and clean, let it dry so I can put a coat of wax on the car, then put the cover on it.
I guess back to driving the four door CTS-V again, winter is not that bad :p

If anyone is storing their car is an unheated garage or outside, to keep moisture from accumulating in the car, I used to go to RV shops and buy of absorbent that would pull the moisture out of the air. I'm not sure if it was silica or not, but I would split it and hang some of it from a sock in the car and hang the rest in the garage. If you do this, the powder will pull enough moisture out of the air to drip so you need a container under it.

Last year I stored my car in a very clean, unheated barn with no problems. I have been advised that possibly something should be used to prevent possible interior damage from mice. A friend used mothballs in his 1930 Merc but it stunk most of the summer afterwards.

Any suggestions, please?

Dryer sheets. I used Bounce sheets and didn't have any mice even though my car was basically parked in a field inside a portable garage. Plus I put a mouse pouch under the hood to keep them from making a home in the hood liner and you may want to put some steel wool in your exhaust tips.

Many thanks, everyone. I've used steel wool in the exhaust pipes of our motorcycles .. good idea. Someone else here suggested using a bar of Irish Spring soap to discourage the mice.

Am off to buy a supply of "Bounce". Sure wish our season was a full 12 months!

I don't like to start my car every couple of weeks like some people do.If you make the motor air tight it will stop any internal rust or moisture from forming.I stuff my tail pipes with T shirts and also pull any breathers and stuff the holes with rags.You can also do the same with the throttle body.0W30 is also good for the start up in the spring to move the oil quickly.I don't like it for the street.There are a lot of racers switching over to this grade.

I started my car up the other week when it was warm outside and she cranked
over the first time like it had never been stored for the last 4 months.
It came to a smooth idle or smooth as you can get with a cam and just purrred
away, dam I love these cars :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.