Nov 22, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Red Mist HTC
Province
ON
My dealer tells me GM rarely delivers C8's to Ontario from Jan to March due to summer only tire issues etc Anyone in Ontario receive their C8 while snow was on the ground

This statement goes back to the C7s.

Very few were shipped to Canada in the winter because of the summer only tires cracking from the cold.

They wouldn't even ship to the Vancouver, Victoria area, but GM USA shipped to Seattle with the same weather.
Must have been a GM Canada edict.

We seem to be getting cars here now in winter...( When we can get an allocation )

so you will drive it home in the snow then park it until spring?
No, he drives it all winter on nice days, as do I. Remember the car has virtually no steel. Not much to rust to degrade by winter.

Reactions: DenisC8
As Murray said, I drive on winter days when the road is bare and dry. Although the new one will be Z51 so summer only tires will impact available days based on temps and conditions. However, in this instance my personal situation dictates that I will not be picking up the car until April. The dealer will hold it for me indoors.

Reactions: CUB
As Murray said, I drive on winter days when the road is bare and dry. Although the new one will be Z51 so summer only tires will impact available days based on temps and conditions. However, in this instance my personal situation dictates that I will not be picking up the car until April. The dealer will hold it for me indoors.
Thanks This is exactly my situation TPW 12/12/22 but in Florida until April 1 -

I didn't know you opted for the Z51 this time. Yes, that will have a great impact on driving days. Summer tires do not perform well in extreme cold. Get some snows! :)

Reactions: Vanguard2001
Thanks This is exactly my situation TPW 12/12/22 but in Florida until April 1 -
Hey great post

If the dealer says they will hold the car until April that’s great but here’s the problem I have with that

No matter what they tell you will they really park it covered in some corner and leave it undisturbed for 4 months I highly doubt it

Or will they instead move the car around 5 times a day as business needs dictate

I would not be comfortable with that

My delivery was delayed by about 8 days at the dealership because of some of the extras that I ordered but I went to check on the car every single day and although when I took delivery the car was perfect the dealership constantly moved the car for their own reasons

Just something to think about

Tony

Reactions: CUB
If the dealer says they will hold the car until April that’s great but here’s the problem I have with that
No matter what they tell you will they really park it covered in some corner and leave it undisturbed for 4 months I highly doubt it
Or will they instead move the car around 5 times a day as business needs dictate
Depends on your dealer. Spencers has a place where they do store cars. Not room for hundreds, but for about 6 to 8. They don't move unless the customer needs his car. It is totally up to your dealer and their situation.
One place where they would love to store your car is in the showroom. Spencers ropes off the customer cars in their showroom.

Hey great post

I would not be comfortable with that

My delivery was delayed by about 8 days at the dealership because of some of the extras that I ordered but I went to check on the car every single day and although when I took delivery the car was perfect the dealership constantly moved the car for their own reasons

Just something to think about

Tony
You make a valid point - I tried dealing with 5 other local dealers and they were all worse than useless and acted like they just didnt want my business - HMP in Exeter was especially ignorant - I figure that with 80% of their lots still empty they will likely follow through on their promises as they have more available space than usual- I really do not want to fly home 2 months early just to drive the car home in the snow. Ive been waiting since May 2021 and the November allocation caught me by surprise

Here's another idea! Upon arrival of your C8 have your dealer install a set of Michelin Alpin PA4's and then drive your beauty all winter. Come spring, switch back to the original summer Z51 tires. It can easily be a 12 month car rather than a garage queen for 4-6 months. My 2019 C7 GS vert sees the roads almost every day with winter boots on. The only days avoided are when we get more than 3 inches of fresh snow because the splitter becomes a snow plow! :snowplough: :rolleyes:. My previous 2017 Z51 coupe was also a 12 month car. Like Murray said get the snows! Chevy tests the C8 in all climate conditions including deep winter. Look for threads on winter driving on this forum.

You make a valid point - I tried dealing with 5 other local dealers and they were all worse than useless and acted like they just didnt want my business - HMP in Exeter was especially ignorant - I figure that with 80% of their lots still empty they will likely follow through on their promises as they have more available space than usual- I really do not want to fly home 2 months early just to drive the car home in the snow. Ive been waiting since May 2021 and the November allocation caught me by surprise
Like Murray said ....if they have a place that they can store it thats great .....just make sure .

I guess im always suspicious of dealers because my dealer is VERY special.....ill leave it at that .

Crisp clear day here in Etobicoke.....just pulled out the Red Rocket from the garage and its idling in the driveway after sitting for a month....gonna take it for a spin

OOOOHHHH im excited ! I put on the stock wheels and have it sit on them over the winter but because my car is a Z51 it has the summer tires .. should be interesting

Good luck my man......and enjoy Florida !...Im a Florida guy too.......always hang out in Bonita Springs.....its just North of Naples.

Tony

Reactions: CUB and Murray20c8
Here's another idea! Upon arrival of your C8 have your dealer install a set of Michelin Alpin PA4's and then drive your beauty all winter. Come spring, switch back to the original summer Z51 tires. It can easily be a 12 month car rather than a garage queen for 4-6 months. My 2019 C7 GS vert sees the roads almost every day with winter boots on. The only days avoided are when we get more than 3 inches of fresh snow because the splitter becomes a snow plow! :snowplough: :rolleyes:. My previous 2017 Z51 coupe was also a 12 month car. Like Murray said get the snows! Chevy tests the C8 in all climate conditions including deep winter. Look for threads on winter driving on this forum.
EEEEEEEEEEEE Your a stronger man than I . Just cant imagine scraping off that salt from those carpets !!!

Like Murray said ....if they have a place that they can store it thats great .....just make sure .

I guess im always suspicious of dealers because my dealer is VERY special.....ill leave it at that .

Crisp clear day here in Etobicoke.....just pulled out the Red Rocket from the garage and its idling in the driveway after sitting for a month....gonna take it for a spin

OOOOHHHH im excited ! I put on the stock wheels and have it sit on them over the winter but because my car is a Z51 it has the summer tires .. should be interesting

Good luck my man......and enjoy Florida !...Im a Florida guy too.......always hang out in Bonita Springs.....its just North of Naples.

Tony
yep I'm in Cape Coral, my condo survived the storm intact - I do miss the greyhound races in Bonita thanks for your input