Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Gauging interest for those of you into PC, Xbox or PS4 racing if you'd like to see a proper CCF tracked championship with multiple rounds, leaderboards, twitch streams (videos) and the like.

Suggested games in 2018 are Forza Motorsport 7 (PC and XBox One) and Gran Tourismo Sport (PS4). I'm not an avid racer but interested in getting into it and will sink some time to design a neat little competition. Please suggest others and I will alter the poll. I'm not aware of any cross platform racing games at this stage.

Please vote in the poll, you can vote up to 3 times (in case you have all 3 platforms). I need min. 16 players per platform to make this work. Logistics and scheduling will be another matter but I can at least get cracking on the forum tournament development.

Might be a good way to pass the time.

PS4 is junk! Is your car an automagic? LOL just kidding Derek. But really, get an XBox and you will never look back.

Just to throw out the possibility for other players that Forza 6 should also be a possibility. I don't have 7 yet, but I sure will pick it up just to participate in this event. That means that all of you that do have 7 should practice hard, because when I get it, you shall all fall to the dominator.

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
PS4 is junk! Is your car an automagic? LOL just kidding Derek. But really, get an XBox and you will never look back.

Just to throw out the possibility for other players that Forza 6 should also be a possibility. I don't have 7 yet, but I sure will pick it up just to participate in this event. That means that all of you that do have 7 should practice hard, because when I get it, you shall all fall to the dominator.

I kind of like the PS4 Pro. Although I do not do much online gaming. Got in trouble playing need for speed once. An etiquette thing 😬
Frankly the system was a ton of $ and I hardly use it... except for driving in VR. Which is amazingly realistic even without the motion chair.... so an Xbox is going to have to wait for my 3rd MLC.

I have PS4 with VR but what I don’t have is time to be involved weekly due to traveling.
Michelle caught me looking at one of those powered motion cockpit systems and wow was I busted...
it’s the wheel and pedals for now 😂

We don't have to do it weekly. Will have to consider availability and group people accordingly. Wheels and pedals are a step from a controller missing a fully formed thumb stick for me :) My wheel broke a couple of years ago so looking to get another.

What what??? You don't needlessly upgrade on release day? Forza 6 is definitely a possibility. I'll poll on the game choices if we get enough folks wanting to do the thing at all.

What what??? You don't needlessly upgrade on release day?

Not any more.

Funny thing actually. I was a big Playstation fan and played Gran Turismo hard for quite a while. When Sony announced that they were releasing Gran Turismo 5 and it wasn't going to be compatible on the old console, I was ready to upgrade to the new console and buy the game the very day it came available. As it turned out, the game was delayed. And then delayed again. and again. I got mad at not being able to play a new game, so I bought an XBox and Forza Motorsports 3 to tie me over. When Gran Turismo 5 was finally released a year after it was supposed to, I ran right out and bought a brand new PS3 and GT5, brought it home, and hated it. Even Forza Motorsports 3 was miles better, and FM4 was a significant improvement over that! My Playstation 3 is a space-filler on my entertainment stand, and doesn't have a single cord plugged into it any more. It has maybe 10 hours on it. It's an expensive blue-ray player, or rather, it was. Now it is just space filler.

Forza Motorsports is such a superior program, that Gran Turismo cannot even be compared to it.

Oh, and I don't use a wheel and pedals, either. Just like my fun cars, if it doesn't have a clutch, I ain't interested in it. ;) But bring on your setups, because I will still whoop you with a regular controller, and show you how it is done.

Not any more.

Funny thing actually. I was a big Playstation fan and played Gran Turismo hard for quite a while. When Sony announced that they were releasing Gran Turismo 5 and it wasn't going to be compatible on the old console, I was ready to upgrade to the new console and buy the game the very day it came available. As it turned out, the game was delayed. And then delayed again. and again. I got mad at not being able to play a new game, so I bought an XBox and Forza Motorsports 3 to tie me over. When Gran Turismo 5 was finally released a year after it was supposed to, I ran right out and bought a brand new PS3 and GT5, brought it home, and hated it. Even Forza Motorsports 3 was miles better, and FM4 was a significant improvement over that! My Playstation 3 is a space-filler on my entertainment stand, and doesn't have a single cord plugged into it any more. It has maybe 10 hours on it. It's an expensive blue-ray player, or rather, it was. Now it is just space filler.

Forza Motorsports is such a superior program, that Gran Turismo cannot even be compared to it.

Oh, and I don't use a wheel and pedals, either. Just like my fun cars, if it doesn't have a clutch, I ain't interested in it. ;) But bring on your setups, because I will still whoop you with a regular controller, and show you how it is done.

I had PS3 with that GT. Yes it was just ok.
The PS4 with or without the VR with the new GT is much better. However I think I like the new Need For Speed better. More fun at least and way easier to get awesome cars.
I haven’t tried Xbox and the Forza yet and since the PS4 Pro, the VR bling and controllers was 3k I’m good for now. Actually I’ve been blowing away aliens and flying stuff around in VR mostly lately. Oh ya... and trying not to puke 🤮
The VR is wild. 😂

I had PS3 with that GT. Yes it was just ok.
The PS4 with or without the VR with the new GT is much better. However I think I like the new Need For Speed better. More fun at least and way easier to get awesome cars.
I haven’t tried Xbox and the Forza yet and since the PS4 Pro, the VR bling and controllers was 3k I’m good for now. Actually I’ve been blowing away aliens and flying stuff around in VR mostly lately. Oh ya... and trying not to puke 🤮
The VR is wild. 😂

Got to say this gen of VR is much better. Tried the PC gear / Oculus and it's all too vomit inducing to believe. Can't deal with all the multitude of motion sensors nonsense so maybe in a couple of generations time...

On this winters bucket list is to finally disconnect the wii and toss it into the local staples recycle bin ... I’ve been officially retired from Mario kart racing. Thank god no more banana peels and ink-type splats all over the screen. sorry ... I guess I’d only be good as a commentator now. 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yep both PS4 will need PSN and XBox will need Gold. PC I think is 'free'.

This is why i prefer to do my racing on pc. There are no need for a subscription to a online service. That being said, a good powerful pc will set you back more $$$ than a console and the game installation procedures for pc can be a big PiTA for some.

I have Forza 7 for pc

Screenshot_20181020-233908.png

Screenshot_20181020-234346.png

Screenshot_20181020-233659.png

Screenshot_20181020-234104.png

Screenshot_20181020-234026.png

Racing suv's :p

Screenshot_20181020-233532.png

This is why i prefer to do my racing on pc. There are no need for a subscription to a online service. That being said, a good powerful pc will set you back more $$$ than a console and the game installation procedures for pc can be a big PiTA for some.

I have Forza 7 for pc

View attachment 20784
View attachment 20785
View attachment 20786
View attachment 20787
View attachment 20788
Racing suv's :p

View attachment 20789

Hiroki.... It looks like you're having trouble with that pesky 115 mph VW in the third frame... o_O ;)

White Ford Cube Van .... My nemesis. Nice clips....

Poll is still open gents and ladies, the numbers are not looking good at the moment so probably won't run this as a league but nothing stopping us for the odd get together online.