For a typical winter (Saskatchewan), I put my car away anywhere from mid October to mid November and cry until late March, but more likely late April. Today would be dry enough to drag the car out, but at -20 and no block heater, I don't think the car would start, and if it would, I still don't think I would like to start it. If it gets warm enough out, then the snow piles on the edges and centers of the streets start to melt and the streets are disgusting! I feel your pain about needing a day where I can take out the Vette. This has been the worst winter yet, which is probably due to it being my first winter with my car.

6'? Yuck! This winter has been kind for snow, but a killer for cold. Just to make you feel better about that rodent seeing his shadow, I am going to go home and kick my dog.

Last edited:
I bought a set of Perelli Winter tires for my C6 this winter ... handles great, and I've driven it in a few snow storms already ... what I am more nervous about though, are the other drivers on the road that can not turn or stop as well as my car, in the slushy snow.

The last couple of Sunday mornings have been perfect for a nice jaunt around the GTA.

Next Sunday could shape up to be nice ... they are calling for +0 temps, and some rain showers in the morning ... which should wash away any street salt!

If anyone is up for a cruise ... let me know!

Mark

You guys are crazy! (In a good way). If sound could travel from Saskatchewan to Toronto, you would hear me clapping. Even if my car could get out if the garage and down the alley, I am too big of a baby to take my car out when the weather warms up and there is still a whole bunch of gravel/salt/dirty water on the streets. I like waiting until the snow is mostly gone and we've either had a rain to wash the goo off the streets, or the street sweepers have cleaned up. The pot holes are enough to deal with in the spring. How are the Roads in Toronto?

The potholes here in Toronto are really bad right now, the extreme cold and all the snow has caused many to appear. But once winter is over, the city is very good about fixing them, so by about June or July most of the roads are pothole free.

Well at least they fix them there. Normally by the time most of the pot holes here are fixed, it's winter again. Too many times they've fixed a portion of a road just to leave it gravel for a month! Yuck! The roads here use to be a lot better.

I bought a set of Perelli Winter tires for my C6 this winter ... handles great, and I've driven it in a few snow storms already ... what I am more nervous about though, are the other drivers on the road that can not turn or stop as well as my car, in the slushy snow.

The last couple of Sunday mornings have been perfect for a nice jaunt around the GTA.

Next Sunday could shape up to be nice ... they are calling for +0 temps, and some rain showers in the morning ... which should wash away any street salt!

If anyone is up for a cruise ... let me know!

Mark

Do these Pirelli tires fit the stock rims?

I went with the Bridgestone Blizzak LM25 - slightly smaller than stock (225/40/18 and 265/35/19) on a set of stock rims. I couldn't be happier with them! The car handles like it's on rails. As long as there's less than 3-4" of snow, I'll drive it. Installed mounted and balanced, tax in for less than $1500.

Winter driving these cars is not everyone's game, but it's very possible and loads of fun :D:D

Mark, anytime you want to cruise, we're in!

Tim

I went with the Bridgestone Blizzak LM25 - slightly smaller than stock (225/40/18 and 265/35/19) on a set of stock rims. I couldn't be happier with them! The car handles like it's on rails. As long as there's less than 3-4" of snow, I'll drive it. Installed mounted and balanced, tax in for less than $1500.

Winter driving these cars is not everyone's game, but it's very possible and loads of fun :D:D

Mark, anytime you want to cruise, we're in!

Tim

Are these run-flats?

Drove my car once in about 2" of snow and found out real quick that the traction control is hopeless, and the ABS works just great!

Ever seen a frozen vette tap anything or get into a fender bender? Chunks of body panels go flying!:eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.