Jun 26, 2017
St. Thomas
VetteCoins
Hi all
So I put a new motor in passenger side power window and new regulator on drivers window. Interesting both windows don’t extend all the way to the top. The passenger window is also sticky and needs some help. ( new motor)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hope you all are having a great long weekend

Hi,
There are adjustable stops in the top of the window tracks that let you adjust where the window stops in it's upward travel. It could be those stops are not in the correct position and simply need to be adjusted a little higher in the track.
The "sticky" passenger window could be a few different things. If the window goes up slow but comes down fast I would check to make sure the spring on the regulator is not broken first. If the spring seems okay, it could be a simple matter of old sticky grease that needs to be cleaned up and replaced with fresh grease. The windows on my 78 wouldn't go up all the way either and were running very slowly. The problem turned out to be 40 year old grease that needed to be replaced. I cleaned up the old grease in the vertical tracks and motor gears and added new fresh grease. I also sprayed WD 40 on the window regulator spring to let it move freely and now everything is working just like new.

Hopefully your window issues turn out to be a simple as mine were.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.