Great pictures guys. Fantastic show today and it was good to meet a few of you.
Ford perfect you asked earlier about the white vette with the red interior next to the green firebird. That was in fact mine.
I was not around the car much as there was so much to see!!
Eric

Well here are some of my pics from today's Wills GM Heritage Show. It was a beautiful today.

Randy, Paul, Rob & Marina, Dah-Ming and I met up and made the trek to the Hamilton Airport.
IMG_1641.jpg

Once we crossed from the QEW to the 403, I was in for a bit of a surprise. Watch the skies.
vlcsnap-2013-07-14-21h07m09s217.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-07-14-21h07m24s104.jpg

vlcsnap-2013-07-14-21h07m45s59.jpg

WTF happened to the sun and the blue skies????
vlcsnap-2013-07-14-21h07m57s179.jpg

We arrived at the Airport only to find a HUGE lineup of cars waiting to get in. There must have been about 150 cars in front of us.
IMG_1645.jpg

Of course, some people don't believe in lineups, right Brian? :seeya:
vlcsnap-2013-07-14-19h45m03s105.jpg

But fear not, no rain fell and the clouds quickly vanished. First thing I did was get my picture taken with the planes.
IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

The entrance to the Museum.
IMG_1683.jpg

Wing walker!
IMG_1686.jpg

A replica of the Wright brother's plane. This is how it all started!
IMG_1690.jpg

Souvenir shop had all sorts of models hanging from the ceiling.
IMG_1691.jpg

Nice '82 made up to look like a '78 Pace car, parked in the hangar.
IMG_1692.jpg

Manny's Nasty Beast.
IMG_1698.jpg

A Messerschmitt-Me262. Now how the heck did we get one of those?
IMG_1700.jpg

Over 400 cars in attendance. This exceeded the Wills family expectations by about 300 cars. Panning from right to left.
IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

In the hangar as they ran out of room on the tarmac.
IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

And just some of the planes in the museum.
IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

A model of a Canadian airfield during WWII.
IMG_1724.jpg

And finally, the Wills team who made this day possible.
IMG_1727.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

My jaw actually dropped going through these photos. THEY ARE PHENOMENAL! Thanks for posting them! I'll be using them in our Facebook album (with credit if I can figure it all out!) ;)

By the time I was able to break away from the registration table it was around 1:30 and most vehicles left by then because it was so hot :(

I never get to see the cars at our shows because I'm so busy with registrations, so I'm thankful for all these photos!

Seriously though, you guys are the best. Thank you so much for joining us on Sunday. There were 489 cars that went through that day which was 200 more than I expected. It was nice to meet you (although it was quite short) - I wish I had more time to talk to you but I was incredibly busy ALL MORNING.

I know the lineup and the gate was quite chaotic :eek: - I apologize and we've discussed changes for next time to make everything MUCH SIMPLER and more streamlined. :D The Ancaster Optimist Club was in charge of the parking and the museum told us where participants can enter, but I don't think any of us were expecting that amount of cars. It's so awesome there were that many but we will be more prepared for next time. The gates at the museum do not open before 9 - the staff and volunteers already have 4 hours of work before the gates open due to moving planes, fences, etc. :sleep:

I hope you all had a great time. It was a fantastic day. Everyone, please keep in touch with me. When we find out we're doing another show you will be the first to know (via car show newsletter).

Again, keep an eye out for my email the next few days with a huge photo album if I can get it done - I'm thinking Thursday. More exams for me this week.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!! :D

You are more than welcome Sarah, yes there were a few teething problems but it was all worth it, I think we all had a fantastic time, lets do it next year.

Wayne

I can certainly echo Wayne's comments. Glad everything worked out for you all. And thanks for doing this. :agree:

Just one question? In the "Wills" picture above; which one are you?

Great to meet you and the rest of the Wills family Sarah -- and congrats one fine show. It was hot in many more ways than one -- and we all can't wait for a repeat.
We're equally glad it was a success for both your family and the Optimist Club -- such a worthy cause and a real treat for all of us.

For the pictures I took, you're very welcome -- my jaw was on the ground for the whole visit.

Next show I'll have my 'vette there for the festivities -- this time it's in the shop and wasn't able to attend. You did meet and register my brother Terry tho who also enjoyed the day at the museum and car show.

All the best and once again congrats on a fine show.....please keep us up on the next one which isn't too far down the road we hope......

Good luck with exams -- perhaps now you can focus better on that project.

Cheers,

Colin.

I can certainly echo Wayne's comments. Glad everything worked out for you all. And thanks for doing this. :agree:

Just one question? In the "Wills" picture above; which one are you?

Second from the right - I was taking registrations.

From left to right - my brother's wife Vany, brother Richard, my fiance Dana (have to get used to saying fiance, just got engaged Friday :D ), myself and my mom Valerie. Missing from the photo is my dad Tom (I think he was up flying in the Harvard at that point) and my other brother Thomas & wife Courtney.

Great to meet you and the rest of the Wills family Sarah -- and congrats one fine show. It was hot in many more ways than one -- and we all can't wait for a repeat.
We're equally glad it was a success for both your family and the Optimist Club -- such a worthy cause and a real treat for all of us.

For the pictures I took, you're very welcome -- my jaw was on the ground for the whole visit.

Next show I'll have my 'vette there for the festivities -- this time it's in the shop and wasn't able to attend. You did meet and register my brother Terry tho who also enjoyed the day at the museum and car show.

All the best and once again congrats on a fine show.....please keep us up on the next one which isn't too far down the road we hope......

Good luck with exams -- perhaps now you can focus better on that project.

Cheers,

Colin.

Thanks for your comments Colin! We are hoping to do this again (would be next summer). Ultimately it is the museum's decision, pending on if it was a success for them. I'm guessing it was ;)

Also thought you all may be interested in knowing this: out of the 489 vehicles that came through... 107 were Corvettes ;)

Wow! awesome stat, Sarah -- and not surprising -- we saw many beauty 'vettes in our travels around your show.....

Sarah -- see if you can get something going again in the fall ......

Wishing you all the best in your endeavours -- and keep us up on develpment please. :D

Colin.

Awesome pics Colin. I knew I could count on someone else to take fabulous shots of the cars.

Is it ok if I post your Photobucket slideshow link on my FB page and on the "other" forum?

Stan.

Also thought you all may be interested in knowing this: out of the 489 vehicles that came through... 107 were Corvettes ;)

I was commenting at the show that there seemed to be a large Corvette contingent.

I think I recognized about 30 cars just between the 2 forums, not to mention the Camaros from the other 2 forums as well.

Thanks for your comments Colin! We are hoping to do this again (would be next summer). Ultimately it is the museum's decision, pending on if it was a success for them. I'm guessing it was ;)

I know they were overwhelmed in the commissary. 40 minute wait for eggs and toast was a bit long.

But they did an excellent job of hosting the show. Let's hope they do this again next year.

I know they were overwhelmed in the commissary. 40 minute wait for eggs and toast was a bit long.

But they did an excellent job of hosting the show. Let's hope they do this again next year.

It's on again Zeeman and some lessons were probably learned from last year's support and response.

Looking forward to it.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread